655 12 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

https://www.aol.de/video/view/dr ... 6f87691a347212a802/

This is obviously a MM that crashed into the tower of a famous church in Berlin and got stuck there. Needless to say, flying there is totally illegal, the drone was confiscated, the pilot will be prosecuted for violation of the aviation regulations and I would think they will also have to pay for the whole police and fire brigade operation to secure the area and extract the drone...

Not a good idea! Stuff like this is also not good at a time where legislators in Germany will have to contemplate translating the new European rules for drones into national law and fill in the gaps that the european rules leave unspecified.

HB

2020-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Too bad I can't watch the video from outside Germany.
But I get the message.
This type of stupidity will only make the rules more strict....
2020-12-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yeah I can't watch the video as well, says restricted
2020-12-20
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Germany

how about this link:

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/be ... entzienstrasse.html

Apparently even with a huge "ladder", the fire brigade was just barely able to reach the drone, they managed to poke it with a stick while officers stood ready with a  jumping mat. It survived, so the police now have all the evidence they need ....

HB
2020-12-20
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

EHEA Posted at 12-20 09:48
how about this link:

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/beitrag/2020/12/kameradrohne-absturz-berlin-gedaechtniskirche-feuerwehr-tauentzienstrasse.html

The 1st link wasn't working for me either, however the 2nd link posted is working.
Cheers EHEA.
2020-12-20
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

It defo looks like it is a DJI Mavic Mini or the Mini 2 from the little image after i zoomed it in, still, it doesn't look good on us responsible drone owners who do not fly stupidly like this geezer did, either way, i think it is right that the drone owner should foot the bill for the fire brigade, the job these guys do is hard enough as it is really without some numpty losing his drone making there job harder as they could have been needed to something more serious.
2020-12-20
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Germany

agree 100%
2020-12-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks more like a mini with the lighter shade of grey.  That sucks people don't fly with caution or rather break the law.
2020-12-20
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yep, crap like that gives us all a black eye.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EHEA. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this sad information and this link as well. Let us all please be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones to avoid any unwanted incident and to avoid hurting others. This is a sad news for the drone community and again let us all fly safe always.
2020-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Video appears to be blocked.
2020-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sad news.  Flying at 1 AM?  At least the owner contacted the police and didn't just run off.  
2020-12-21
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Germany

Indeed! All this happened only days after an anniversary of a terror attack on a christmas market at that very spot. A blinking something hanging over the heads of people there could have started quite some police action, so it was wise to contact police and not just run off.

HB
2020-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules