Feature request: Altitude restricted Active Track
462 6 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

We all know the Mini is capable of active track, but was intentionally left out, likely due to the lack of sensors.

If active track were enabled in the traditional way, the number of users reporting crashes would skyrocket and DJI would not be pleased.

My solution: Altitude restricted Active Track.  This means you can only enable active track at 100 ft or higher.  This altitude requirement eliminates 97% of obstiacles that the sensors are needed for, yet still provides functional use for tracking larger objects like a car or boat.
2020-12-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not much of a solution since most objects that can be tracked are way below 100 feet. Maybe a bird or two ;-)
2020-12-20
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-20 20:01
Not much of a solution since most objects that can be tracked are way below 100 feet. Maybe a bird or two ;-)

Yea that's why I was think larger objects like cars or boats.  Anyone know what altitude active track stops tracking a person on the Mavic air 2?
2020-12-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know that one. But I do know that at an altitude of 30-40 feet, it sometimes loses track on a boat because it confuses it with the wake (white) or other nearby boats.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there trader6777. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-12-20
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Netherlands

Who to follow at 100 meters? ...

It is better to unlock the function that is offered Focus Track in manual mode
2020-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain