Gimbal Auto Calibration stuck at 20% - Horizon not level
3524 7 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skiutah1080
lvl.1

United States

Hey all,
First of all, drone pilot noob, but techie in general so nothing new there.

Purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro second hand.  When I went to check it out the guy had it up and flying and nothing looked out of order.

Brought it home, started flying, took a lovely sunset photo, noticed the horizon wasn't level.

Did some researching, calibrated the IMU, then tried to do the automatic gimbal calibration.  It gets stuck at 20" and tilted 45 degrees to the right and won't reset until I pick up the aircraft and calibration fails.  I did also notice a "gimbal motor overload" error when I tried to do the calibration as well...

I tried doing the gimbal adjustments  (pitch/roll) but when I try to make those adjustments it will sort of rock back and forth even if making an adjustment just one way.

So I contacted DJI support and they recommended I send it in for service.  Figured I would reach out to the forums here first to see if there are any ideas.

Thanks in advance!
dji1608045362627.jpg
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there skiutah1080. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to calibrate the gimbal of the Mavic 2 Pro and manually adjust the gimbal level of the said DJI drone on the DJI Go 4 application settings to see if the issue will still persist? Just go to main controller settings > Gimbal Settings > Adjust Gimbal. If still the issue persist, it would be best to send the drone in to our DJI repair center for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-21
Use props
cimdahers
lvl.1

Latvia

Exactly the same issue with me. Is there a solution?
2022-10-29
Use props
skiutah1080
lvl.1

United States

I ended up having to have the gimbal replaced... Cost about $350
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_tN9pnrvLb5LI
New
Flight distance : 952116 ft
Cyprus

Hi,

I had the same problem. The drone was a replacement, and the gimbal needed aligning. First I tried doing the manual align, and that worked until I tilted the drone. Then I did the auto align, and it got stuck at 20% with the Gimbal Overload message. So what I did was go back to the manual aligning, and reset both parameters to zero. I then reran the auto align and it worked fine.

Not sure why that would be the case, but it worked.
2023-1-17
Use props
coreyrastetter
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_tN9pnrvLb5LI Posted at 1-17 12:29
Hi,

I had the same problem. The drone was a replacement, and the gimbal needed aligning. First I tried doing the manual align, and that worked until I tilted the drone. Then I did the auto align, and it got stuck at 20% with the Gimbal Overload message. So what I did was go back to the manual aligning, and reset both parameters to zero. I then reran the auto align and it worked fine.

I just had to perform this little trick on my Mavic 2 Pro. Noticed tilted horizon, attempted to correct inflight manually (which would unwind as soon as I tilted the gimbal up or down), and auto calibration would fail/hang at 20%. Once I zeroed out the manual calibration, auto calibration was able to complete successfully. Thanks, djiuser_tN9pnrvLb5LI!
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_vEBiHsnLSYW4
New
Flight distance : 235171 ft

United States

I was having this exact same issue. Stopped at 20% and then failed if I moved it while it was stuck.

I did what djiuser_tN9pnrvLb5LI suggested and it worked like a charm.

Thank you!
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vEBiHsnLSYW4 Posted at 11-26 17:58
I was having this exact same issue. Stopped at 20% and then failed if I moved it while it was stuck.

I did what djiuser_tN9pnrvLb5LI suggested and it worked like a charm.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. However, it's glad to know that everything has been sorted out. Please feel free to reach us anytime!
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules