RESPONSE FROM DJI REQUIRED. Wheres our FPV Monitor??!!
660 13 2020-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114206 ft
United States

DJI. We. Need. To. Talk.

Why can I not connect a monitor to my FPV goggles through the USB C without buying your smart controller? It's really really dumb and would be so simple for you to do.

How did you not include this feature from the beginning?

Also, getting pretty frustrated that DJI activley ignores forum posts like this. Ask them something easy, or post something positive on here , and they're all about responding real quick. Anything like this. Radio silence. Doesnt make sense. I literally just saw a post about a backpack reccomendation and DJI responded saying Happy Holidays. What a waste of time? How about you make our holidays happy by listening to your customers.

We need to be able to connect an external monitor without having to go through the smart controller.

FPV pilots, can you all take two seconds and resquest this feature by either posting on this thread, or starting new ones so we actually get noticed by DJI and not ignored and get this simple simple feature added to the system. And also, while you're at it, lets figure out a way to use the goggles with the simulators through the USB slot rather than the ancient 3.5mm slot. Why did you even bother with the 3.5mm AV slot? Absolutley crazy to me.

DJI, cmon. You can do it. We beleive in you. And please don't ignore this post again. It's not a great customer experience.
2020-12-24
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

And please make it a WIRELESS monitor so we don't need yet another cable hanging off our head.  Oh, and keep the cost around $100.  

Thanks
2020-12-24
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

mc54 Posted at 12-24 22:08
And please make it a WIRELESS monitor so we don't need yet another cable hanging off our head.  Oh, and keep the cost around $100.  

Thanks

Yes yes yes pleaaaaaasseeee!
2020-12-24
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

flyfpv2020 Posted at 12-24 22:17
Yes yes yes pleaaaaaasseeee!

Good luck with the $100 though. Might have to add another zero knowing DJI lol
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for your feedback, I'll forward your request to the corresponding team to consider.
2020-12-24
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-24 22:45
Hi there, thanks for your feedback, I'll forward your reqeust to the corresponding team to consider.

Whats happened to ALL of the requests previously? We've been asking for this for months now and apart from these useless responses, we're getting nothing from you DJI.

How about giving the corresponding team leader a call, asking him wtf he's doing with this and giving us an update rather than just telling us to follow your Facebook page like you moderators always do? Or just say "We don't give a fuck and you'll never get a monitor".

If you do care, call the corresponding team leader, and tell him to hurry up. It's so ridiculous this isn't possible yet?! The smart controller option is so dumb. Do you know how stupid we pros look when we turn up to set and have to set up a Janky smart controller set up and have another cable coming out of our heads? GET IT SORTED. BE OUR HERO NATALIA. It's so effing simple. Please light a fire under the ass of the person who can make this happen. Stop wasting time adding dumbass software to my Mavic that stops it from taking off, and fix these minor problems with your equipment that ALL US Professional pilots are requesting!!!
2020-12-24
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

flyfpv2020 Posted at 12-24 22:54
Whats happened to ALL of the requests previously? We've been asking for this for months now and apart from these useless responses, we're getting nothing from you DJI.

How about giving the corresponding team leader a call, asking him wtf he's doing with this and giving us an update rather than just telling us to follow your Facebook page like you moderators always do? Or just say "We don't give a fuck and you'll never get a monitor".

Would you look at that. No response.

Hearing you loud and clear DJI.
2020-12-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

that would definitely be a cool way to setup a remote low-latency feed quickly
2020-12-25
Use props
flyfpv2020
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-25 01:30
that would definitely be a cool way to setup a remote low-latency feed quickly

Come on DJI! We all want and need this!
2020-12-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

flyfpv2020 Posted at 12-25 01:35
Come on DJI! We all want and need this!

what are you going to do in external monitor mode?
2020-12-25
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

It won't come true, due to hardware issue for their first generation product, do not support the feature that you mentioned. Maybe next generation will be improved.

Merry Christmas, bro.
2020-12-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If there was such high demand for this, it would have been out there already I guess.
2020-12-25
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Knowing DJI, they're not considered with legacy devices.  Prime example would be they ignore updates for the Crystal Sky Monitor and that has slowly become a useless device.  DJI has adopted the tech industry biz model of planned and target obsolescence followed up with a all new high priced proprietary product that is not compatible with legacy devices you just drained your wallet with.  No matter how hard we request a reasonably priced monitor, it is mostly likely unrealistic.  I would like to eat those words but I doubt it will happen.  You watch when the 'new' FPV V2 debuts with a new V2 set of goggles!  Will out old V1 goggles work?  Mostly likely....not.  Having said all that, no reason why we shouldn't rub their noses in it.
2020-12-25
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

geoffz Posted at 12-25 08:12
Knowing DJI, they're not considered with legacy devices.  Prime example would be they ignore updates for the Crystal Sky Monitor and that has slowly become a useless device.  DJI has adopted the tech industry biz model of planned and target obsolescence followed up with a all new high priced proprietary product that is not compatible with legacy devices you just drained your wallet with.  No matter how hard we request a reasonably priced monitor, it is mostly likely unrealistic.  I would like to eat those words but I doubt it will happen.  You watch when the 'new' FPV V2 debuts with a new V2 set of goggles!  Will out old V1 goggles work?  Mostly likely....not.  Having said all that, no reason why we shouldn't rub their noses in it.
I agree with your point about planned obsolescence.  I know its wrong, but Im OK with DJI playing that game if V2 actually brings the things we gave been asking for. I'll happily pay up for real technical advancements.  Just don't rehash things and say your selling me something "new".  Thats BS.  So....where's Air unit V2?  
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules