Establishing a Droner's Checklist
628 5 2020-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

I am looking to establish a very comprehensive checklist for drones.  Thanks if you choose to participate.The final list can be edited to suit each user's purposes.
This will include things to check:

Before you leave home (e.g. are all batteries fully charged)
Before takeoff (e.g. visual inspection of propeller fastenings)
During flight (e.g. camera exposure setting)
Before landing (e.g. video recording stopped)

Some of these will depend on your drone model.  (e.g. Some manufacturers might gracefully close video files upon landing or when the drone power is turned off.
Some (all?) Dji drones do not do this and your last video file will be corrupted if you forget to stop recording.)

Please copy the current checklist to your post and add to it, so we end up with one post of all checks.
I will start:

Before you leave home:
1) Do I have my drone license?
2) Is the cell phone used for flying charged and is there enough free memory?

2020-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are loads of predefined checklist,  check this thread for some example of superb checklist - look especially at Hallmarks.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-109069-1-1.html
2020-12-26
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-26 02:00
There are loads of predefined checklist,  check this thread for some example of superb checklist - look especially at Hallmarks.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-109069-1-1.html

I know there are lists available.  I am trying to generate their super set.   I believe you can take any one of these lists and think of something to add.  That new item might be small potatoes to some droners, but significant to others.
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

If you need a checklist to remember to charge your batteries and to check if you are restricted airspace.  Then need to add to you list, make sure you have your pants on before leaving the house.  
2020-12-26
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-26 18:09
If you need a checklist to remember to charge your batteries and to check if you are restricted airspace.  Then need to add to you list, make sure you have your pants on before leaving the house.

pants !!  dammit !!   I knew I forgot something.  It's a good thing I have those propeller guards.
2020-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-26 04:28
I know there are lists available.  I am trying to generate their super set.   I believe you can take any one of these lists and think of something to add.  That new item might be small potatoes to some droners, but significant to others.

Well take a look at that thread there are plenty there and most contain everything you would want, they would make a comprehensive start to your project.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules