DJI Fly app RC disconnect from iPhone
1936 3 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jvu1974
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have now tired three different iPhone models and get the same issue. The app works with the remote control and drone for the first few minutes and then loses connectivity to the controller and drone. The remote control is still connected to the drone. The drone still works with the controller and flys well. The app will not reconnect and therefore  Ioses the camera and settings features for the drone.

I’ve deleted the app a couple of times, rebooted the phone  and swapped phones and get the same issue. On the initial install the application works with the drone. Less than 5mins and the controller and the app lose connection. No resintalls on the iPhone work and only a fresh phone seems to reconnect the app for a brief time.

Tried iPhone 12, XR and 8 with iOS 14.x

Any tips to resolve the issue ?
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_y6NpB6w6kXuf
New
Flight distance : 73507 ft
United States

I do not have an iPhone. I have an old android. It helps me to put the phone in airplane mode. Your phone may be trying to prioritize wifi with internet also.
2020-12-26
Use props
Martyzion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Second for the airplane mode.  I always disable bluetooth as that seems to cause connection issues.  
2020-12-26
Use props
jvu1974
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Martyzion Posted at 12-26 13:10
Second for the airplane mode.  I always disable bluetooth as that seems to cause connection issues.

thank you for the tips... I tried both airplane mode on its own and then airplane mode and turning off bluetooth and wifi. It reconnected worked for a few minutes and then disconected again.

After a bit of trial and error and the wife checking out google, we found a fix. The iphone needs DJI Go and DJI Fly application installed. I only had the Fly application installed... Once both applications were installed then the app continued to work for longer than a few minutes.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules