Adobe import issues for panoramas
1286 7 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fberto39
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,

I have an issue when importing raw panorama photos from a DJI Mini 2.
The photos show a weird desaturated top-left quadrant, as shown in the attached picture.
The issue appears when importing photos with Lightroom, opening them in Photoshop or previewing them in Bridge. It does not show when opening them with other viewers, or by using the jpg version of the photo.

I am running the latest versions at the time of writing on a macOS 11.0.1:
- Photoshop 22.1
- Bridge 11.0
- Lightroom Classic 10.1
The drone is also updated to the latest firmware:
- Aircraft 01.01.0700
- RC 02.00.1101
- DJI Fly 1.2.1

Has anyone else encountered this issue? What would possible fixes be?

Thank you in advance!

2020-12-27
Use props
fberto39
lvl.1

Italy

2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

You will find many threads about this issue. This is one of thm
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766

It is in conjuction with DNG files and Adobe software. It seems to be typical when direct imputting the DNG's into a Adobe product, Bridge, PhotoRaw or even direct in PhotoShop.
We are all waiting for a firmware upgrade to fix this. If you want a fast fix, use another software to make the pano, like PTGui.
Example:Mini 2 DNG files, Pano by PTGui with direct export to PhotoShop PSD file and further editing in PhotoShop.

DJI_27112020_0002.jpg
2020-12-27
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

Ran my own test.  No probs with DNGs in Irfanview, Faststone Viewer, Luminar 4.2, or Affinity Photo.  Then PS CS 6 has the problem.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-27 19:19
Ran my own test.  No probs with DNGs in Irfanview, Faststone Viewer, Luminar 4.2, or Affinity Photo.  Then PS CS 6 has the problem.

Correct Buehlerbg,

I compose the Pano with PTGui, export to PSD and load it to PS CS6. No problem either. If you load it directly in an Adobe product, the problem is there.
Didn't had the distortion on the edge with a wide angle pano either, using PTGui. But, it comes with an extra cost. It is not the cheapest on the market.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fberto39. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the Adobe to edit panoramas. Thank you.
2020-12-27
Use props
fberto39
lvl.1

Italy

I posted the same question in the Adobe forum. Apparently, it is an issue they recognize and they will fix in the next update. However, no words on when this will be.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

fberto39 Posted at 12-27 23:36
I posted the same question in the Adobe forum. Apparently, it is an issue they recognize and they will fix in the next update. However, no words on when this will be.

Hi FBerto39,

meanwhile a new firmware update for the controller and for the drone came out.
One of the fixes is "abnormal color appeared in panoramic DNG photos."

Couldn't test it out yet, because it is night and really dark over here.

Check this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766

2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules