Phantom 4 with iPad Air 4
4064 5 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjb8907
New

United States

Has anyone used a phantom 4, or any DJI Drone that uses the DJI Go 4 app, along with a new 2020 iPad Air 4 (iOS 14.3)? The DJI Go 4 app won't recongize that im plugged into the remote. I suspect that it has to do with the fact that the iPad now has a USB-C on it instead of a lightning connector. Tried multiple cables, as well as trying the same cables on my android phone (also USB-C). Works fine. Remote connects fine to my old iPad mini 2 with a lightning cable.

DJI Support says the Air 4 isn't supported. I use Map Pilot mostly for grid mapping, and like the bigger screen vs my phone (plus the map Pilot app is iOS only).

Has anyone found a way to make this work?
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tjb8907. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the 2020 iPad Air 4 ( iOS 14.3 ) when operating there DJI Phantom 4. Just a reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 and for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability on both the said DJI Drone and on the said DJI application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 and for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2020-12-27
Use props
bobcat97
New
Flight distance : 382037 ft
United States

I am having the same issue.  I just upgrade my iPad from an Air 2 to a Air 4.  Somehow, I got the connection to work once but, I tried so many things, I honestly don't remember what I did.  I have also replaced the cables with both short and longer cables with no luck.  I am kicking myself for getting rid of the Air 2 before I tried to fly my Phantom 4 with the Air 4.

What I am wondering if I use the lightening cable that I was using before on the Air 2, but then use an adapter to connect the lightning cable to the Air 4 would solve the issue.  

Is the issue with the USB C cable that is preventing the connectivity or the iPad itself?

Before I purchase the adapter, curious if anyone has had success with this approach?
2021-1-12
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

bobcat97 Posted at 1-12 11:16
I am having the same issue.  I just upgrade my iPad from an Air 2 to a Air 4.  Somehow, I got the connection to work once but, I tried so many things, I honestly don't remember what I did.  I have also replaced the cables with both short and longer cables with no luck.  I am kicking myself for getting rid of the Air 2 before I tried to fly my Phantom 4 with the Air 4.

What I am wondering if I use the lightening cable that I was using before on the Air 2, but then use an adapter to connect the lightning cable to the Air 4 would solve the issue.  

Try restarting the Air 2 with the AC turned on and connected to remote.
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv
New

United States

bobcat97 Posted at 1-12 11:16
I am having the same issue.  I just upgrade my iPad from an Air 2 to a Air 4.  Somehow, I got the connection to work once but, I tried so many things, I honestly don't remember what I did.  I have also replaced the cables with both short and longer cables with no luck.  I am kicking myself for getting rid of the Air 2 before I tried to fly my Phantom 4 with the Air 4.

What I am wondering if I use the lightening cable that I was using before on the Air 2, but then use an adapter to connect the lightning cable to the Air 4 would solve the issue.  

Bobcat97, I sent what I thought was a message, don’t think it went through.  I had the same issue with an iPad mini a few years ago, never did get to use it.  Have just stuck with the Air 2.  I’m having the same issue with my Air 4 and was wondering if your issue still exists.  I am going to purchase a USB C to Lightning adapter and see if that resolves the issue.  Did you have any luck or have not gone the adapter route?  I’ll post back when I test it out, but fear it is the iPad and not simply a cable.  Best Regards, Mark
2021-10-12
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

The USB-C /iOS with DJI GO4 is an issue with P4PV1. USB-C works perfect with my Mavic Mini and others have told me they have no issues with P4PV2. The P4PV1 need a RC firmware upgrade which DJI refuses to acknowledge.
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules