Mavic 2 Pro & iPhone 12 Pro Max usage
4265 5 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aristosv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30364 ft
Cyprus

Just got a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and I set everything up using the DJI GO 4 app. Everything seems OK, haven't flow yet though. The reason is that I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it doesn't fit on the Mavic 2 Pro controller, and even if it did, the included USB to Lightning cable is not long enough. The iPhone is just too big.

So I found a mount that fits the Mavic 2 Pro controller, and even moves the iPhone a bit higher for more convenience. The problem now is that the included micro-usb to lightning cable is not long enough to go from the controller to the iPhone.

IMG_0156.jpg

So I found a micro-usb extension cable, but it won't plug into the Mavic 2 Pro controller. I think the port on the Mavic 2 Pro controller is micro-A, whereas my micro-usd extension is micro-B.

So I am looking for alternatives.

• should I get a micro-B extension cable and use the included USB to lightning cable?
  • does DJI offer a longer compatible cable I can purchase?
  • Is there a phone mount alternative I can use with my iPhone and included usb to lightning cable?
  • Can I use my USB type A to lightning cable that came with my iPhone? I noticed a USB type A port on the bottom of the controller.

How do iPhone 12 Pro Max owners use the DJI Mavis 2 Pro?

Thanks

2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there aristosv. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the iPhone 12 Pro Max on there DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Just a reminder that after checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) on the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry say the said mobile device is not yet included. DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.  
2020-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have an iPhone Pro 12 Max and it fits in the controller with a little riggle.   But I've taken to use this of late as its a little easier and I can still use the original cable - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remot ... :g:T2IAAOSwvddfuCIR
2020-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS You can use a standard cable from th bottom USB port as long as you remove the side cable.  You must remove the side cable to enable the bottom port.
2020-12-28
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a 12 Pro Max and it fits fine. With the original cable.
2020-12-28
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really hate the original cable, as it’s always a major PITA to extract. So I have been using bottom cable for quite some time now.
My 12 Pro Max still fits into the cradle, although with its protective case just barely so.
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules