DJI OSMO waste product. Never go with it in future
842 10 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aftab
lvl.1

India

I have one DJI osmo pocket but not able to get camera output on multiple Phones. really very bad product. I will not suggest to anyone to purchage to it. Fully waste product.I asked from Forum about how we can connect multiple devices (Mobile phones more than one) with Osmo pocket but they don't give reliable support.  
2020-12-28
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

You don't provide enough info here to support the title statement. A lot of users - including me - would disagree with such a broad-brush statement. I'm quite happy with the Pocket and would buy another in the future.
2020-12-28
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have to disagree with you. The Osmo Pocket is an excellent product for what it does. 4K stabilised video in a compact size what more could you want? You obviously expect a lot more than what it is. For the price you pay it is ideal. A lot of features and great quality. Why would  you want to connect multiple phones at once to one device anyway? It’s not what it was designed for
2020-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the Osmo Pocket was designed to connect to more than one mobile device simultaneously.  The Osmo Pocket functions perfectly for me but I researched the functions available prior to purchasing.  
2020-12-28
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Robb OConnor Posted at 12-28 08:59
I have to disagree with you. The Osmo Pocket is an excellent product for what it does. 4K stabilised video in a compact size what more could you want? You obviously expect a lot more than what it is. For the price you pay it is ideal. A lot of features and great quality. Why would  you want to connect multiple phones at once to one device anyway? It’s not what it was designed for

Yeah, if he's trying to having output (broadcast) to multiple phones simultaneously, it's no surprise that it wouldn't work.
2020-12-28
Use props
Robb OConnor
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 12-28 10:33
Yeah, if he's trying to having output (broadcast) to multiple phones simultaneously, it's no surprise that it wouldn't work.

I don’t know what the original poster expects but like you I checked out what it does before I bought it, and to be honest I still haven’t got to grips with all its features. Would I recommend it ? Too right I would , would I buy another ie OP2 op3 if it comes , yes I would.
2020-12-28
Use props
Aftab
lvl.1

India

DaveSp Posted at 12-28 06:55
You don't provide enough info here to support the title statement. A lot of users - including me - would disagree with such a broad-brush statement. I'm quite happy with the Pocket and would buy another in the future.

I have one DJI osmo pocket that can connect only with Osmo wireless module only. I need to connect with another WiFi that is available in our country and need to connect from SIM data also for connecting camera without wireless.

Let me know what type of Information you required.
2020-12-29
Use props
Aftab
lvl.1

India

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-28 09:00
I don't think the Osmo Pocket was designed to connect to more than one mobile device simultaneously.  The Osmo Pocket functions perfectly for me but I researched the functions available prior to purchasing.

Okay, we can purchase but they dont give solution. I told need to be fast and reliable support for future.
2020-12-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Aftab Posted at 12-29 02:42
I have one DJI osmo pocket that can connect only with Osmo wireless module only. I need to connect with another WiFi that is available in our country and need to connect from SIM data also for connecting camera without wireless.

Let me know what type of Information you required.

It has been well documented the Osmo Pocket only works with other DJI products including the microphone ADC. Only connects through the Mimo  app and only officially on a list of verified phones although a few not listed also work. You are asking for something they never specified.
2020-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-29 03:45
It has been well documented the Osmo Pocket only works with other DJI products including the microphone ADC. Only connects through the Mimo  app and only officially on a list of verified phones although a few not listed also work. You are asking for something they never specified.

2020-12-29
Use props
virooo
lvl.1
India

I reckon Aftab. This product is almost useless now. Pro Vloggers will anyways use DSLRs, so this camera wont replace DSLRs anytime soon. Compact Fixed lens cameras like this are made for small time creators like us who are fine compromising on the video quality to some extent for a do it all camera or at least a camera that has expandable capabilities. I sold my Osmo Pocket last month at half the price at what I bought it for last year. Dont get me wrong, the video quality is still unbeatable and I had to think twice before making  this decision. But Common Sense features like Webcam mode, Wifi Module with Mic compatibility, Bluetooth mic connectivity, livestreaming etc.  have been missing in the firmware upgrades despite numerous requests from customers of the OSMO Pocket 1.  I have lost faith in the whole DJI Ecosystem. Somehow the Cost-Benefit of owning a DJI product doesn't match up with the pace at which Fixed Lens camera market is changing.  The mobile cameras though not comparable to DSLRs have come a long way as well.  e.g. Background blur like a DSLR is very easily achievable now, not perfectly but even then , maybe to a manageable extent plus the editing that can be done on the go. I am switching to Insta360 products now. Their policy of 'Listen to the Customer' is very evident in the firmware upgrades. Sure the video quality doesn't match with that of DJI's but modular designs and expandable options give the best bang for buck a the moment. While travelling, my left Jeans pocket now has a cheap RealMe 6 pro phone and the back pocket has the Insta 360 One X2. While MotoVlogging, all I need to do is switch the single lens mode from 360 mode. At office in these Social Distancing times, the multiview option helps display videos from both sides in Webcam mode.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules