Possibility to buy Features for the FlyApp
766 16 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

Hey, I think all buyers of a Mavic 2 Air wants Waypoints. It is understandable that  DJI don`t warnt to implement that, because for that, this potencial buyers should buy a more expernsive drone like the Mavic Pro 2.So More and more buyers buy 3Party Apps. My suggestion is to activate That highly requested Feature for people who buy That. For example you spend 30$ (Or more?) and than you can use Waypoints.

With such a thing DJI geht three advantages:
1. They make Mavic Air 2 Owners happy
2. They make more Money
3. Less People would use alternatives like Litchi, Maven, etc.

2020-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They would have to do a lot of work to better the waypoint solution that Litchi has.
2020-12-28
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-28 08:27
They would have to do a lot of work to better the waypoint solution that Litchi has.

Adding taht feature would be easy (said one of the tecnicall support team).
2020-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 12-28 08:33
Adding taht feature would be easy (said one of the tecnicall support team).

Not if they implement like Litchi did with the detailed online mission planner.
2020-12-28
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't think that would be a good idea.
The Parrot ANAFI app has this and it was not well received.
I believe it was a $30.00 in app purchase to unlock certain features and has now been reduced to $.99.

DJI should just add, no additional cost or wait for Litchi to add waypoints.
2020-12-28
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

Lisa3 Posted at 12-28 09:06
I don't think that would be a good idea.
The Parrot ANAFI app has this and it was not well received.
I believe it was a $30.00 in app purchase to unlock certain features and has now been reduced to $.99.

Yes... but how DJI is handeling at the moment is also not really the right way. It is „just“ a software thing and DJI only produce high quality products weich should all habe the Software modes weich are with their hardware possible.
Sure, It would be great if DJI would add it, but the software is already there and it would be worth a try to sell it.
So many people would like this feature and it isn`t really nice from DJI that users have to use third party apps to geht this important Feature.

If users want a similiar drone like Mavic Air 2, they habe to spend 500$ More...
2020-12-28
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

It doen't look like Waypoints will ever be implemented on the MA2. Apparently there is a "memeory usage issue" as to why Waypoints will not be available.

FromDJIDev-NoWaypoints.png
2020-12-28
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Even if waypoint 2.0 does not possible, virtual sticks can be. If Litchi can do, DJI can too. If they don't advice to use third party why are they still waiting to implement...
2020-12-28
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PilotJan Posted at 12-28 09:54
Yes... but how DJI is handeling at the moment is also not really the right way. It is „just“ a software thing and DJI only produce high quality products weich should all habe the Software modes weich are with their hardware possible.
Sure, It would be great if DJI would add it, but the software is already there and it would be worth a try to sell it.
So many people would like this feature and it isn`t really nice from DJI that users have to use third party apps to geht this important Feature.

I can only suggest be careful what you wish for.
If DJI starts with in app purchases, I highly doubt they ever will, then they probably won't release the SDK and that will anger more people.
2020-12-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

op said:  "Hey, I think all buyers of a Mavic 2 Air wants Waypoints. It is understandable that  DJI don`t warnt to implement that, because for that, this potencial buyers should buy a more expernsive drone like the Mavic Pro 2.So More and more buyers buy 3Party Apps. My suggestion is to activate That highly requested Feature for people who buy That. For example you spend 30$ (Or more?) and than you can use Waypoints.

1. They make Mavic Air 2 Owners happy
2. They make more Money
3. Less People would use alternatives like Litchi, Maven, etc.
"
.sorry but i totally disagree with you...on all counts.

2020-12-28
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

The Saint Posted at 12-28 12:01
op said:  "Hey, I think all buyers of a Mavic 2 Air wants Waypoints. It is understandable that  DJI don`t warnt to implement that, because for that, this potencial buyers should buy a more expernsive drone like the Mavic Pro 2.So More and more buyers buy 3Party Apps. My suggestion is to activate That highly requested Feature for people who buy That. For example you spend 30$ (Or more?) and than you can use Waypoints.

Reasons?

And @Lisa3 yes, but i Sorry that if i use a third party app I would lose the warrenty....
2020-12-28
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have seen numerous replies from DJI Admins that a 3rd party app can void the warranty.
It’s a decision you would have to make based on risk/benefit of waypoints.
I do have the Litchi app and I never had an issue using, it actually made an ok drone much better to use, for me.
You can always wait until your drone is out of warranty, if waypoints are not added by DJI and Litchi supports, give it a go.
I do understand that you would prefer if DJI offered.
2020-12-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

many people have offered the reasons and i agree with them.

also i'm not sure how warranty works in your country but america we have a different idea about the product warranty and the coverage.
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PilotJan. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you and fly safe always.
2020-12-28
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

Everytime DJI das that they Listen to their customers voice but I think that this isn`t really true. If they would, they would and this feature from so many customers...
In some aspects the mavic Air 2 is besster than the Mavic 2 models and thats why many prefer the Air 2 and want this important Feature...
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lisa3 Posted at 12-28 14:05
Yes, I have seen numerous replies from DJI Admins that a 3rd party app can void the warranty.
It’s a decision you would have to make based on risk/benefit of waypoints.
I do have the Litchi app and I never had an issue using, it actually made an ok drone much better to use, for me.

Like many members here, the mods are also unreliable information sources.
Using a 3rd part app does not void your warranty.
If the use of a 3rd party app can be shown to have caused the incident, it won't be a warranty case.
Third party apps are usually very reliable, I don't think I've seen a case where they caused the loss of a drone.
But DJI won't accept a 3rd party app to show what happened, so if you lose your drone and can't supply the wreckage after using a 3rd party app, you might be out of luck.
2020-12-29
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-29 05:13
Like many members here, the mods are also unreliable information sources.
Using a 3rd part app does not void your warranty.

Thank you for clarifying.
I do use the Litchi app (P3 and Spark) and never had an issue when using.

As an aside I do love reading your posts, direct, to the point, no BS, no safe space, just the facts.
I for one can appreciate your directness and know if you happen to correct me for a post it would be deserved.

Thanks again.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules