3528 37 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1437418 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum so hi. Been flying Mavic mini then sold it and got the mini 2 when it was released, so about 7 months in total of flying. 2 Days ago I seen the DJI fly app had a update but not for android on the play store. I seen people on YouTube downloading the app from DJI download page so I did and installed it Version 1.2.2. I have flown twice with this update and its been a nightmare. First time having problems coming back, never experienced anything like that before. Then today went to give it another go in wide open field, took it up to 120 meters but kept it close to me and it was okay no wind just a clear day with 26 satellites. Then after about 2 minutes it started going backways at full speed without me touching the controller. Warning saying Max power load reached. Code 30168. I hit return to home 4 times then lost connection. It had flown backwards and descended at the same time and crashed into the bushes. I clicked find my drone and after about 30 minutes off climbing though trees and bushes I found it. Not too much damage but I have the DJI refresh so going to start a claim as I have no confidence in it to fly it once more. I use a old Samsung S6 just to fly the drone but I am thinking its the new update as never had any problems like this and the mini 2 has been great to fly compared to Mavic mini.
2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible to delete the App from your Phone and redownload it and get the Previous version because I think 1.2.2 is not officially out in the Android Store. But you will have to do this quick

As  a side note I firmly believe that with DJI products you don't want to be too quick in installing updates. The old adage if it aint broke don't fix it applies.

Also have you got an apple phone of 6S and above because I also think they fly better on Apple devices.

Someone will be along soon asking you for flight logs which is fine but it is far better if somthing is working and doing all you want leave it as it is
2020-12-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Downloaded mine with no problems.  Might want to delete app and sell the drone(kidding).  Did you recalibrate IMU after upgrading firmware(you should always make that habit every new firmware).
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Also this is flight log from healthydrones
https://app.airdata.com/share/lASqDY
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the crash. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
If there is a doubt about the accident, please remember to tick "Apply for data analysis" when filling in the info, data analysis can be processed as Mini 2 is within the warranty period, we will find out the cause of the accident, and the corresponding offer will be provided based on the analysis result.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

I had same issue but it took off upwards.buy an iPad bro.I was using a Lenovo m8 tablet.best 64-bit out there and it still just was not right.these are made for apple bro.buy an old iPad.better anyways with bigger screen.check out my post about my update horrors.don’t give up on the mini2 tho.
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 08:03
Is it possible to delete the App from your Phone and redownload it and get the Previous version because I think 1.2.2 is not officially out in the Android Store. But you will have to do this quick

As  a side note I firmly believe that with DJI products you don't want to be too quick in installing updates. The old adage if it aint broke don't fix it applies.

The old adage if it aint broke don't fix it applies.
But your first advice is to delete the app without even knowing what the issue was???

Also have you got an apple phone of 6S and above because I also think they fly better on Apple devices.

But DJI apps run perfectly on many Android devices too.
It's not possible for something to be better than better than perfect.

Someone will be along soon asking you for flight logs which is fine but it is far better if somthing is working and doing all you want leave it as it is.
What does than mean?
Someone will ask for flight data (because it makes sense to identify the issue and it's cause).
But it's better (what's better?) to leave something alone (better than investigating the issue??) if it's working.
But you started your post suggesting an action because you guessed the app isn't working properly????

2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Unfortunately Phantomhelp cannot read the flight data from Fly 1.2.2 and Airdata doesn't show the data very well for incident analysis.

The uncommanded movement at high speed you describe and the curved flight path are characteristics of a yaw error which is usually cause by powering up close to something steel.

The action you describe isn't something that the app would have any effect on.
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-29 05:02
The old adage if it aint broke don't fix it applies.
But your first advice is to delete the app without even knowing what the issue was???

Now Labroids You have done a though analysis of my post but I cant be bothered to read all the OCD Nonsense
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 06:17
Now Labroids You have done a though analysis of my post but I cant be bothered to read all the OCD Nonsense

That seems to be a recurring theme.
You put out a load of nonsense which is corrected and you state that you aren't interested.
You suggest that someone disagreeing doesn't know what they are talking about without explaining why you think they are wrong
Oink oink

When you say OCD Nonsense, you mean accurate and factual.
But you aren't very interested in factual information, particularly when it doesn't agree with the misinformation you spread.

2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-29 03:35
I am sorry to hear about the crash. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
If there is a doubt about the accident, please remember to tick "Apply for data analysis" when filling in the info, data analysis can be processed as Mini 2 is within the warranty period, we will find out the cause of the accident, and the corresponding offer will be provided based on the analysis result.

Hi where on the repair request form is the place to tick for data analysis as its coming at the end (data analysis not required).
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-29 06:54
You put out a load of nonsense which is corrected and you state that you aren't interested.

Not read any of that
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 08:09
Not read any of that

Of course you haven't, you're wilfully ignorant.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi I am sending it back to DJI but do I just send the drone or everything i.e. RC, battery's and charger.
2020-12-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using the same phone on the Mini 2, the Samsung S6, with no problems at all .... due to the phone at least.
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-29 08:23
Of course you haven't, you're wilfully ignorant.

I read that one and you are wrong yet again
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-29 22:32
I read that one and you are wrong yet again

What do you mean, again ??
2020-12-29
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hello
This is your flight as it happened.

A few things didn't happen as you described. Looks like it was either a soft/hardware failure or a gust of wind. Personally I think looking at the data it was most likely a gust of wind at the altitude you were at caught AC and carried it off. Many warnings listed in data. Return to home only used once and then cancelled soon after. No real input from RC as incident unfolded, should have pulled down on elevator immediately you saw it going away but panic sets in. Lucky for you that you found AC and had care refresh. Fly safe with your new Mini2
2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5 Posted at 12-29 07:05
Hi where on the repair request form is the place to tick for data analysis as its coming at the end (data analysis not required).

It's in the second step of the form. If you tap and confirmed the accident was caused by the pilot error, this option will not appear.
Just to double confirm, you have started the case, and data analysis is not needed, right?
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-31 03:12
It's in the second step of the form. If you tap and confirmed the accident was caused by the pilot error, this option will not appear.
Just to double confirm, you have started the case, and data analysis is not needed, right?

Started Tuesday still waiting for UPS shipping label. The form stated data analysis is not needed however I would query this as it was a possible drone error. Case Number: CAS-5695105-F5J3D6.
2020-12-31
Use props
Chewy13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5 Posted at 12-31 04:20
Started Tuesday still waiting for UPS shipping label. The form stated data analysis is not needed however I would query this as it was a possible drone error. Case Number: CAS-5695105-F5J3D6.

Look for an e-mail from "pkginfo@ups.com"
Check your spam folder too
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
Switzerland

Chewy13 Posted at 12-31 06:52
Look for an e-mail from "pkginfo@ups.com"
Check your spam folder too

Thanks, but still nothing yet
2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5 Posted at 2020-12-31 04:20

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, our team had sent you an email regarding the case, please check the email and keep us updated.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-2 01:59
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, our team had sent you an email regarding the case, please check the email and keep us updated.

Hi I got the email about (UK lockdown policy implemented by public health authorities in Britain and Ireland, standard package delivery service has been temporarily suspended, express service is expected to be delayed.)
So I had a check on the drones condition and looking at it the props have took the damage as it crashed into the trees and did not hit the ground. So I replaced all the props and on a level surface checked with a spirit level calibrated IMU and Compass.

As the weather is crap outside, I give indoors ago, let it hover for 5 minutes and it kept level and done all the movements with no problem. The Gimbal and camera both worked. Have changed mobiles from a Samsung s6 to Google pixel 4a with airplane mode on. Before I take it outside to give it a little go is there anything else I should look for.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

I dont want to drop the mic on the whole android vs ios theory but if you read the box it says its made for apple.and all you have to do is simply compare the db strength they broadcast from each device during flight...go ahead....il wait for you to return with your results...i flew on lenovo products and galexy for a long time before going with an ipad. Undeniably More stable with ios...right down to app crashs and applying updates...its obvious when updates are not as readily available for android as they are for ios which one gets the most focus on development. And up intill this latest update you didint even get the same options as ios with android running the same version of firmware...android simply didint support it.yes...it was minor things...but again it screams ios.
2021-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5 Posted at 1-2 09:17
Hi I got the email about (UK lockdown policy implemented by public health authorities in Britain and Ireland, standard package delivery service has been temporarily suspended, express service is expected to be delayed.)
So I had a check on the drones condition and looking at it the props have took the damage as it crashed into the trees and did not hit the ground. So I replaced all the props and on a level surface checked with a spirit level calibrated IMU and Compass.

Hi, I am sorry for the delay, sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. As the drone experienced an accident, for the flight safety concern, we may still suggest that you send the drone back to our repair center for an overall inspection. You can send it in if the shipping is not suspended.
2021-1-5
Use props
BigE120
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3876302 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2020-12-29 06:54

OK.  You seem to know a bit about this...   So I'm new to djj (loved this Magic 2 Pro) thing.  I spent good money on this stuff and had high expectations!  Was absolutely blown away at the magics 2's performance!  Not a problem one until this new smart controller update.  Tonight it froze my screen after downloading, and almost lost my drone!  Luckily had visual on it and was able to land it safely even with a froze screen.  Had to power down controller, and re "link" the two.  Now I'm nervous about flying g it at any distance.  Is this a common thing, or just a glitch?
2021-1-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 1-2 21:01
I dont want to drop the mic on the whole android vs ios theory but if you read the box it says its made for apple.and all you have to do is simply compare the db strength they broadcast from each device during flight...go ahead....il wait for you to return with your results...i flew on lenovo products and galexy for a long time before going with an ipad. Undeniably More stable with ios...right down to app crashs and applying updates...its obvious when updates are not as readily available for android as they are for ios which one gets the most focus on development. And up intill this latest update you didint even get the same options as ios with android running the same version of firmware...android simply didint support it.yes...it was minor things...but again it screams ios.

but if you read the box it says its made for apple.
That doesn't mean what you think it does.
Do a Google search for MFI to find out what that actually means

i flew on lenovo products and galexy for a long time before going with an ipad. Undeniably More stable with ios.
And that proves what?
That the devices you used weren't fast enough, didn't have enough RAM or perhaps weren't properly configured?

but again it screams ios.
And all the flyers that have flawless performance using Android devices screams what?
The fact is that despite what the Apple fans keep saying, DJI drones fly just as well on either operating system.

2021-1-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

BigE120 Posted at 1-6 00:45
OK.  You seem to know a bit about this...   So I'm new to djj (loved this Magic 2 Pro) thing.  I spent good money on this stuff and had high expectations!  Was absolutely blown away at the magics 2's performance!  Not a problem one until this new smart controller update.  Tonight it froze my screen after downloading, and almost lost my drone!  Luckily had visual on it and was able to land it safely even with a froze screen.  Had to power down controller, and re "link" the two.  Now I'm nervous about flying g it at any distance.  Is this a common thing, or just a glitch?

Sorry I have no experience with the smart controller and can't tell what happened to yours.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-6 07:22
but if you read the box it says its made for apple.
That doesn't mean what you think it does.
Do a Google search for MFI to find out what that actually means

They do fly perfectly fine on android devices. I used a Lenovo m8 tablet. Purpose bought as my galaxy wasint compatible. It is my own opinion on how i experienced using DJI on android. And then using it on iOS along with others on this platform. It is also stated that people are operating just fine on android. On this platform. I have never had this app crash on my iOS devices. Only a couple times on my androids. I also have not received the green screen mode on iOS. Only on my androids. That being a common thread on here also. It would be a hard argument on here that android operates as well as iOS. I see a poll we can post together maybie? Pm if you would like. Again these are my experiences. DJI preference iOS. Thats my opinion.
2021-1-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 1-7 13:56
They do fly perfectly fine on android devices. I used a Lenovo m8 tablet. Purpose bought as my galaxy wasint compatible. It is my own opinion on how i experienced using DJI on android. And then using it on iOS along with others on this platform. It is also stated that people are operating just fine on android. On this platform. I have never had this app crash on my iOS devices. Only a couple times on my androids. I also have not received the green screen mode on iOS. Only on my androids. That being a common thread on here also. It would be a hard argument on here that android operates as well as iOS. I see a poll we can post together maybie? Pm if you would like. Again these are my experiences. DJI preference iOS. Thats my opinion.

Again these are my experiences. DJI preference iOS. Thats my opinion.
Despite people often suggesting DJI prefers iOS, there's no evidence to support this.
As for your opinion, that's just suggesting that the devices you've used didn't perform quite as well as the iOS devices you used.
It says nothing about the operating systems.
But there are other Android devices that run DJI apps at least as well any iOS device.
And there are (older) iOS devices that won't run the apps well.

People are going to keep spreading the myth but it still doesn't make it true.
2021-1-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had three DJI drones since early 2017, never had a problem using phones with the Android operating system, saying that I have zero experience of any Apple products, just always preferred Samsung high end phones. Currently using a Galaxy S8+ .
2021-1-8
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 2020-12-28 08:03

"As  a side note I firmly believe that with DJI products you don't want to be too quick in installing updates. The old adage if it aint broke don't fix it applies."

BAZINGA!

If I were to OP, I would first try delete/uninstall the "updated" fly app (seems to have had a rocky start), delete all the cache in your device, reload the previous version, you had that seemed to be rock stable, and reboot everything, check every setting, and see what happens....
2021-1-8
Use props
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 2020-12-28 08:03

Well now that you said that, I just unclicked the auto download for firmware. Sure hope I/we don't have problems with this drone.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well got got my mini 2 back from DJI, Tuck it out for 2 test flights today, not too high 45m and about 200m away and was great. DJI said it was the ESC Board Module and Telescopic Tube & Antenna Module which are covered under warranty. So did not use my care refresh. But the new drone I have now has a different serial number to the one I sent back. So does my care refresh change over to this one.
2021-2-22
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5 Posted at 2-22 11:19
Well got got my mini 2 back from DJI, Tuck it out for 2 test flights today, not too high 45m and about 200m away and was great. DJI said it was the ESC Board Module and Telescopic Tube & Antenna Module which are covered under warranty. So did not use my care refresh. But the new drone I have now has a different serial number to the one I sent back. So does my care refresh change over to this one.

Hi there, as you sent the drone to our service center for replacement, the DJI Care Refresh has already been transferred to the replacement unit, you may confirm it by checking the remaining balance at this link https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage
The warranty of the drone inherits the original drone, no worries. (copied from another topic DJI Susan)
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_JWP2BypUG4t5
lvl.4
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 2-22 11:41
Hi there, as you sent the drone to our service center for replacement, the DJI Care Refresh has already been transferred to the replacement unit, you may confirm it by checking the remaining balance at this link https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage
The warranty of the drone inherits the original drone, no worries. (copied from another topic DJI Susan)

That great just checked its all okay, thanks
2021-2-22
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Glad I could assist!
2021-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now