Wind speed warning, is it removed?
670 6 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Yestarday I flew in quite windy day. I took some 360 panos, and in one of them the propellers are visible in the top left corner in one of the shots.

The wind was really strong, it was nearly impossible to move in one of the directions against the wind.

However I have never seen a Strong Wind warning message, there is no such in the logs in airdata.

It was 1.2.1 app with the firmware from mid Dec.
2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a very capable drone with regard to wind so I think they have increased the parameters a lot before you get the warning. I have had it a few times but I think I might be on the previous version of the App. I never like to update things if all is working ok
2020-12-28
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 23:13
It is a very capable drone with regard to wind so I think they have increased the parameters a lot before you get the warning. I have had it a few times but I think I might be on the previous version of the App. I never like to update things if all is working ok

Do you have to keep repeating yourself in multiple threads about your reluctance to update things? Many of us update our app and firmware and experience no issues whatsoever. Are you trying to look cool and rebellious and highlighting your bravado with your constant "I never update unless I want to " statements?
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 12-29 00:29
Do you have to keep repeating yourself in multiple threads about your reluctance to update things? Many of us update our app and firmware and experience no issues whatsoever. Are you trying to look cool and rebellious and highlighting your bravado with your constant "I never update unless I want to " statements?

I will do as I wish. I feel that the amount of experience I have is valuable to others and not all people read all posts. Your experience, Knowledge and general understanding seem rather limited on the other hand.

I have read several of your posts and you like to tell others what to do....

I say to you go boil your head you grumpy so and so
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there djiuser_267jcyL97zif, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry posted here in DJI Forum. The maximum wind speed resistance of the Mini 2 scale 5 (8.5 to 10.5 m/s) If the wind is stronger a warning prompt will show in the DJI Fly app. Thank you for your support. Always keep safe!

2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

The wind warnings come and go.you really don’t need to worry about them.I can assure you.I live in Massachusetts and we experience winds that are serious.i get those warnings every flight and just keep it pushing.the only thing it interferes with is the signal strength and even that is at a minimal.put her in sport mode and power through it.it’s  good to keep the gimbal at an even level with the drone too.don’t have it angled downwards during windy flights.in sport mode the aircraft will actually slow down if the gimbal Is pointed downward.fly safe . Don’t worry about the wind warnings.use your judgment instead.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I’ve noticed far less strong wind warnings with mini 2 than with mavic mini.  I know it has better motors and I’ve not got many in 50 plus flights
2020-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules