New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released (12/28/2020)
123Next >
9875 85 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2020.12.28
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0860
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.36
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.8.0
  • DJI Fly App: V1.2.2
  • DJI Assistant 2:  DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.14

What’s New?
  • Improves overall stability.

Notes:
  • A Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.04.75 or earlier must be updated using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in Firmware Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-2/info#downloads
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.

2020-12-29
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

No DJI Mini compatibility?
2020-12-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 12-29 05:21
No DJI Mini compatibility?

Mini is never going to happen, but disappointed if they don’t add Mini 2.
2020-12-29
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

Such a shame, no support for the mini 2
2020-12-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

No support for the Mini2 in this smart controller upgrade.

Hope it will be supported soon.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_fYFtQBD0fiA8
lvl.1

Australia

This update still hasn't fixed the field monitor issue: The HDMI 'Camera View' shrinks when enlarging the map on the SC during flight. Please add a 'Field Monitor' mode where enlarging the Map keeps the video overlay at the full screen size and simply enlarges the map over the top of it (since we don't need the mini view of the camera on the SC screen). This should stop the image from shrinking on the HDMI output. It is a simple fix.

The SC screen '1000 nits' is not bright enough on a sunny day for the purpose of viewing the video but is bright enough for all other functions and the map due to the high contrast of these items.

The fact that the video shrinks on the HDMI output when 'Camera View' is enabled and we tap on full screen map is not expected behaviour - and is not acceptable behaviour, it is a bug.
2020-12-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

I just updated my smart controller.... First flight afterwards went well...

2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_49SmD27owwLl
lvl.2
Indonesia

Still download
IMG_20201230_002731.jpg
2020-12-29
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

-> Improves overall stability.

So? What stability issues were in the previous version?
2020-12-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

Indeed, the download took rather long (maybe 45 minutes...)
2020-12-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KDP + Posted at 12-29 10:00
Indeed, the download took rather long (maybe 45 minutes...)

The download only took about 5-10 mins for me.  Its currently updating as I type this (16%).  Hopefully the rest of the update goes smoothly as well....
2020-12-29
Use props
MARTE
New
Flight distance : 39531 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hello  I have a problem for a long time every time I turn on my smart controller it stays on the DJI screen and from there it no longer works. I live in Mexico City and they tell me that I have to send it to the United States to repair it. Does anyone know how I can reset it? I am sure it is a software problem
2020-12-29
Use props
FlyRacer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can somebody try out if the Mini 2 works now?
2020-12-29
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgrade by controller download give me not sufficient memory error.
I removed the SD card and erase to factory default settings and by using DJI Assistance 2 for Mavic the upgrade went smooth.

No Mini 2 Support on this one.
2020-12-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

FlyRacer Posted at 12-29 12:13
Can somebody try out if the Mini 2 works now?

Nope. No option to link the MM2, despite Fly 1.2.2 supports the mini 2.
The Mini2 has to appear in aircraft management first, and it still doesn't with this upgrade.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

KDP + Posted at 12-29 08:17
I just updated my smart controller.... First flight afterwards went well...

Hello there KDP +. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have give. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-12-29
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

i updated the new firmware for sc including the fly app 1.2.2. Now  instead of the tripod mode there is cine mode like on the mini series. When switch to T on the remote controller  in the upper left corner appears C sign instead of T and in the gimbal settings menu also are normal, sport, and cinesmooth mode.
I have not updated the air2 for the latest firmware, maybe this is the problem. Anybody has this issue with the latest fw on the air 2 and the smart controller with fly app 1.2.2?
2020-12-30
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fantomgep Posted at 12-30 06:58
i updated the new firmware for sc including the fly app 1.2.2. Now  instead of the tripod mode there is cine mode like on the mini series. When switch to T on the remote controller  in the upper left corner appears C sign instead of T and in the gimbal settings menu also are normal, sport, and cinesmooth mode.
I have not updated the air2 for the latest firmware, maybe this is the problem. Anybody has this issue with the latest fw on the air 2 and the smart controller with fly app 1.2.2?

C - N - S on screen...
2020-12-30
Use props
Fbrighi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1446001 ft
Italy

Hello, has this last update fixed the compass bug when flying with Air 2? I mean the wrong position of drone respect to remote controller showed in screen
2020-12-30
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Dear DJI, in  the UK from tomorrow i can only fly my mavic 2 in field far away from buildings, people or anything else of interest, making my drone F-in useless !!! So would you be so kind to enable the smart controller to control the Mini 2 asap so that my Smart controller does not become worthless like my Mavic 2 will be by tomorrow, if you do I will buy one and all the accessories.
2020-12-30
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i updated the new firmware for sc including the fly app 1.2.2. Now  instead of the tripod mode there is cine mode like on the mini series. When switch to T on the remote controller  in the upper left corner appears C sign instead of T and in the gimbal settings menu also are normal, sport, and cinesmooth mode.
I have not updated the air2 for the latest firmware, maybe this is the problem. Anybody has this issue with the latest fw on the air 2 and the smart controller with fly app 1.2.2?

The Air 2 has always had those 3 modes.  It’s never had a “tripod” mode.  Having said that, it’s essentially the same thing with a different name.  Basically it just slows down and smooths out the stick movements.  
2020-12-30
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

KlooGee Posted at 12-30 13:52
The Air 2 has always had those 3 modes.  It’s never had a “tripod” mode.  Having said that, it’s essentially the same thing with a different name.  Basically it just slows down and smooths out the stick movements.
Earlier fw version wirh earlier app there was tripod mode not the cinesmooth! Please check the original controller switch of the air 2. This is the only difference between the air2 and the mini2 controller. On the air controller T P S letters ( same on mavic2)  and on mini2 C P S letters. BTW the cinesmooth mode is not the same.( some older dji drone have  both function). In tripod mode the speed/ movement of the craft is reduced. It helps to navigate in tight places. In the cinemooth mode the craft allows to move faster, but its reaction is smoother. It is not recommed in tight places  because the breaking distance is much longer.

https://youtu.be/kT86ppSWioo
At 3:30 you can see the orginal tripod mode.
2020-12-30
Use props
fans52007451
lvl.1
United States

Hoping this will fix the incorrect compass issue.  I will report back with findings!  
2020-12-30
Use props
fans52007451
lvl.1
United States

Fbrighi Posted at 12-30 12:47
Hello, has this last update fixed the compass bug when flying with Air 2? I mean the wrong position of drone respect to remote controller showed in screen

I will try this tomorrow and let you know what if find out!
2020-12-30
Use props
LexonTuxi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

no updates available for me (error message on controller:  no server information, check internet connection) - internet connection on controller is okay
2020-12-31
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And why this update include the old Pilot App 1.8.0 did no one inform DJI that version 1.9.0 is over 3 months on the air?  And secruty updates , age 2017 , ist a joke again.
2020-12-31
Use props
freedomwish
lvl.1

Taiwan

no support for the mini 2
2020-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simply a distinction without a difference.
2020-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fantomgep Posted at 12-30 14:26
Earlier fw version wirh earlier app there was tripod mode not the cinesmooth! Please check the original controller switch of the air 2. This is the only difference between the air2 and the mini2 controller. On the air controller T P S letters ( same on mavic2)  and on mini2 C P S letters. BTW the cinesmooth mode is not the same.( some older dji drone have  both function). In tripod mode the speed/ movement of the craft is reduced. It helps to navigate in tight places. In the cinemooth mode the craft allows to move faster, but its reaction is smoother. It is not recommed in tight places  because the breaking distance is much longer.

https://youtu.be/kT86ppSWioo

Again, a distinction without a difference.
2020-12-31
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

Ok, I'll bite. What is the link for the Smart Controller firmware update? I can't find it anywhere on DJI's site.
2020-12-31
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 19:21
Hello there KDP +. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have give. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

There are a lot of people asking for info, many others asking why the DJI Mini2 is still not compatible ...
...and you reply to the post which is not a question.

This is really silly
2020-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 12-31 08:17
Ok, I'll bite. What is the link for the Smart Controller firmware update? I can't find it anywhere on DJI's site.

You access it through the "...Assistant 2 for Mavic"

Read the "Notes; " section of the announcement.  

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

2020-12-31
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 12-31 08:34
You access it through the "...Assistant 2 for Mavic"

Read the "Notes; " section of the announcement.  

Thanks for the info. It seems that  DJI products that require firmware updating do so in different ways. Would be more convenient if they all updated in a similar way.
2020-12-31
Use props
CMNDR
lvl.1
United States

Happy to report that the new firmware update for the DJI Smart Controller fixes the issues with the Mavic Air 2.    The compass on the map now orients the drone correctly in relationship with my location.   The stuttering and glitchy app navigation is now smooth and buttery.    The range of the stock MA2 controller is still better when comparing their range, but they are very close.   
Thank you DJI forum people for hearing my complaints!
2020-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 2020-12-31 10:40
Thanks for the info. It seems that  DJI products that require firmware updating do so in different ways. Would be more convenient if they all updated in a similar way.

Agree... the longer you hang around the forum, the more insight you'll gain (at least 90% worth) of how things are released.  Generally the more entry consumer level things are, the more singular the source for updates.   Plus, I'd rather look first for firmware updates directly from DJI.  Otherwise there's that data transmission or compression stuff (that I don't get) that might occur when the code is put out there on a download sight, one that has it's own processed to re-transmit the data.  I realize that may be hocum :-) but I see nothing wrong with going directly to the source -if offered.  
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122395 ft
  • >>>
Italy

a greeting and best wishes for the New Year to all drone lovers ..... today I installed the new firmware, but I still haven't tested my M2Zoom with smart controller ..... the crash problems have been solved with  DJI GO 4 app ?????  thank you all
2021-1-2
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated mine, took a total of around 10-15 min max, snowing heavy here at the moment, so unable to test on my M2P
2021-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 2020-12-31 10:40

Not really, they all pretty much prompt you in the software about a new firmware update being available and ask if you want to update to it or give you the option of connecting your hardware to your computer and using DJI assistant 2 to do the update.  This update for the Smart Controller is the same way.  I personally did the update directly from the prompt in the software on the device.  
2021-1-2
Use props
CLMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 461289 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The update went smoothly. Connected the SC to DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and updated the firmware. I reecall on another thread in this forum that DJI has confirmed that compatibility with Mini 2 will be avilable in future release of the firmware - just don't know when that will happen :-(
2021-1-2
Use props
fans19fc4c27
New
Flight distance : 317008 ft
United States

is there a way to download the update to an sd card?
2021-1-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules