Stress Cracks on P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farmertml
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I know a couple of people are suffering the same problem as me.. I've had my P3P for less than a month, it's never been crashed and apart from being flown on a couple of days where it was quite windy (nothing too bad) it's been treated super gently and not been over worked.

I'm talking with DJI about an RMA now, hopefully it's not going to be too long to get sorted. I just though you should be aware and people should speak up so DJI are aware that this is a manufacturing fault.
Pics below or in higher resolution on imgur - http://imgur.com/a/T8pny

Cheers,
Paul

IMG_7546.JPG IMG_7547.JPG IMG_7548.JPG
2015-7-2
Use props
farmertml
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry I only realised after finally digging that there was a thread on this and I could attach photos to it. Sorry for the duplicate.
2015-7-2
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

Do you believe that any preventive solution such as applying an epoxy coating to the areas prone to stress cracks would reduce the likelihood of them developing?
2015-7-10
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would actually like to know if there are good and bad batches of the shell.
2015-7-10
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2015-7-10 20:56
Do you believe that any preventive solution such as applying an epoxy coating to the areas prone to  ...

I think a little more plastic and/or closer tolerances would prevent this.
2015-7-10
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

classicalle@gma Posted at 2015-7-10 21:06
I would actually like to know if there are good and bad batches of the shell.

Unless your willing to open your Phantom, there is no way to identify a lot , batch or DOM of the shell.

Most but not all plastic parts use a universal clock type symbol to indicate year and month of manufacture.  DOM would probably be a ink stamp.
2015-7-10
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I have a beginning crack on one of the holes and DJI will replace the shells, they offered me to send it in. Im just not sure if i should do that now because lets be honest, they will just use a new shell and repair it but i doubt they have new improved shells in this short amount of time. I bet new shells arent even produced yet, so i will get the old one and the problem will come back after some flights. Maybe its better to wait some  months.
2015-7-10
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

This has probably been asked/mentioned before, and sorry if so. I'm guessing as the stress crack issue rears it's head more as a problem etc, wouldn't there be an add on type plate or similar to re-enforce such area? There may be forces concentrated on specific areas and stress cracks are occurring. Would seem opening and re-enforcing with CA or epoxy/carbon fibers, a shear plate external to shell or shell replacement are about it, correct?

Would there be an assumed loss of warranty if a user were to open shell and re-enforce/strengthen themselves in an informed decision to do so and not be out the use of the their product for 2 + months?
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules