If you own MA2 & M2P is there a use for acquiring the Mini 2
896 10 2020-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chill Pill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Just wondering on whether there would be any advantages in getting the Mini 2 over the others already owned. Just concerned it might never be used if i got it.

Happy New Year to all - safe flying.

Comments welcome.

2020-12-31
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not really, other than adding a new drone to your fleet. Believe me, I know the feeling very well. The reason for wanting to do this can't really be the portability factor because both the Mini 2 and Mavic Air Combo package uses the same carrying case so they can both go anywhere with the same ease. Go for it....I did
2020-12-31
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Where you live, possibly, weight might be an advantage.
Where I live, no.
2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there Chill, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry posted here in DJI Forum. For a quick glance between the technical specifications of each Aircrafts you can visit this link: https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

Let's wait for the other members who already have those aircrafts and provided feedback and comparison. Thank you for your support. Always fly safe!

2020-12-31
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Not really an advantage to get you a Mini2.

It's main advantages are weight, size and price.
I got a M2P and bought the Mini 2 because of it's size and portability, less pertruding than the M2P and more silent. I didn't buy a MA2, because the size was still to bigto make a difference with the M2P, image quality less than the M2P (I do mostly still photography). The MM2 fly more combo has this little low weight bag that is easier to breng than the case of my M2P or my big camerabag.
The Mini (first edition) didn't cross my mind because of JPG and the wind resistance.

The image quality of the MM2 is good. It isn't a M2P, but for me portability and RAW images made it worth to think it over.

Are there reasons for you to buy or  not to buy  ....  
2020-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the Mini2 is the only drone as of tomorrow that can be flown anywhere sensible (ie less than 150m from people or property etc) it would be a good purchase unless you like flying in the countryside (not parks)
2020-12-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i purchased the mini 2 with teh intention of keeping it in car at all times since my other drones can't always be with me.  you never know when you might need to deploy a drone and the mini 2 is perfect for that.  otherwise the ma2 comes close enough.
2020-12-31
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A man's gotta have n+1 cars, n+1 bikes, and n+1 of every toy, so the Mini2 is no exception. And besides, it is so quiet and so small
2020-12-31
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-31 10:30
i purchased the mini 2 with teh intention of keeping it in car at all times since my other drones can't always be with me.  you never know when you might need to deploy a drone and the mini 2 is perfect for that.  otherwise the ma2 comes close enough.

I like that idea!

2020-12-31
Use props
RJC_68
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Guys,

Greetings from Canada, 1st post here.

I am looking to get my 1st drone and have been considering the Mini 2 and the Air 2, here in Canada the Mini 2 Fly more is $749 + tax and the Air 2 Fly more is $1350 + tax which is a huge difference. I know the Air 2 has more features and obstacle avoidance but is it really worth it? I am interested in in photography and the ability to take aerial video will be awesome and I know both drones do a fantastic job here. I did write my basic drone exam over the Holiday's and have a license to fly drones over 250g but I wonder if the Mini 2 would be far more discrete when flying at scenic places compared to the larger Air 2.

Thanks in advance for any advice you cam offer

Richard
2021-1-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The main advantage is that <250g need less permits/exams/licenses worldwide.

Mini 2 is C0, MA2 is C1 and M2P is C2.
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules