RC pointing direction red line in DJI Fly 1.2.2
1987 8 2020-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Can anyone confirm that in the new DJI Fly App 1.2.2 for Mavc Mini Android version that the red line shown here (bottom left map view) doesn't exist?

This shot is from DJI Fly on a Mavic Air 2.

The red line is handy because if it points straight down you are pointing your antenna straight at the drone. Just seems a shame this isn't showing for Mini 1 :-(

1.2.2.jpg

Technically this should all be a mute point because you should just point your controller at your drone which you can of course see under VLOS...
2020-12-31
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Not sure if I’m understand you but if you tap the arrow in bottom right corner it will show drone position from where you are standing. It is no longer at the center bottom of screen.
2020-12-31
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Donut Posted at 2020-12-31 22:22
Not sure if I’m understand you but if you tap the arrow in bottom right corner it will show drone position from where you are standing. It is no longer at the center bottom of screen.

Hi

Yes I understand the change but apparently previously the indicator would show you where to point the controller to line up the antennae with the Mavic Mini.

That's gone but now replaced with the bottom left hand compass and map etc.

As this video shows (is for the Mavic Air 2) the compass itself isn't that great for pointing to the drone but the map feature with it's red line linking the drone to the home point is really useful in that if the red line from the drone to home point is pointing straight down you are pointing the controller at the drone (provided you are standing at the home point and your compass is calibrated properly in you phone and not impacted by interference.) I actually think for the Mini 1 this technique won't be any use  
as there has always been issues with phone compass orientation caused probably by the controller itself  (interference)

2021-1-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Line is still there, it is seen on my Mini1 on Android 1.2.2.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-1-1
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

JJB* Posted at 1-1 02:52
Hi,

Line is still there, it is seen on my Mini1 on Android 1.2.2.

Ok thanks JJB I have only been testing in my backyard might have to get drone out a bit further.

Cheers
2021-1-1
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

The red line is the 'RTH' path
2021-1-16
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

cLaNzKiLLeR Posted at 1-16 06:56
The red line is the 'RTH' path

Sometimes it’s confusing. There is a little blue dot on the side of the bigger blue dot and is sometimes hidden behind H .... that little blue dot is your antenna direction pointer ( wish DJI would have made it a short line arrow.)  you put that line inline with the blue drone angle. The red line is the shortest path to home. You follow the red line and it will take you the shortest way back home.
Doug
2021-1-16
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

True , the red line is the RTH path but it can be used to help pointing the antennas in the right direction for those like me who doesn't have a compass in the phone.
2021-1-16
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Flaming Posted at 1-16 17:46
True , the red line is the RTH path but it can be used to help pointing the antennas in the right direction for those like me who doesn't have a compass in the phone.

Hi Flaming

How do you manage that? All I seem to be able to do with the map is know that the Drone is pointing directly at me when coming home but nothing (with an effected phone compass) accurately tells me where to point the antennas to line up the drone?

Cheers

2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules