Cannot Connect to Litchi APP
4212 13 2020-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc467
lvl.1
United States

I have read through other post, but still can't find a solution.

I Just bought a Mavic Air 2, and have been flying a Phantom3 Professional for about 5 years.

I use Litchi for all flights.

Process to Date:

• Galaxy 10
  • Install DJI Fly App, connect every time, can fly with it.
  • No DJI App are set as Default
  • Everytime I attempt to connect to Litchi, I get a "Disconnected" accros the top
  • Have installed and un-installed and re-installed several times
  • Have removed all DJI APPS from the phone, still no luck.

• Tested with my IPAD mini, and can't connect

HELP !

PS. I did some a USB message and with option, but setting that to "Transfer Files" did not resolve the issue

2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there marc467. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party application for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the said application ( Litchi ) can give out some information about this matter. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying always.
2020-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Last I saw Litchi doesn't support Mavic Air 2 yet. the SDK was only just released at the end of October.  You can email litchi and ask to be part of the beta to get support I read over on the other drone forum.
2021-1-1
Use props
MGarni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218648 ft
Slovenia

DAFlys Posted at 1-1 01:51
Last I saw Litchi doesn't support Mavic Air 2 yet. the SDK was only just released at the end of October.  You can email litchi and ask to be part of the beta to get support I read over on the other drone forum.

Litchi supports Mavic Air 2 in the latest version without any problems! (v4.19.0-beta-g) !

2021-1-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Litchi does not yet support MA2
And I don't see a beta version for MA2 anywhere
Screenshot_20210102_213521.jpg
2021-1-2
Use props
MGarni
lvl.2
Slovenia

VanzPix Posted at 1-2 12:36
Litchi does not yet support MA2
And I don't see a beta version for MA2 anywhere

It’s been out for a few days now, but it hasn’t been officially announced yet. Due to the holidays and bad weather, I have not yet been able to test all the features !
2021-1-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

MGarni Posted at 1-2 12:51
It’s been out for a few days now, but it hasn’t been officially announced yet. Due to the holidays and bad weather, I have not yet been able to test all the features !

Okay, I have the official version for the Mini works for the MA2
2021-1-2
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

As far as I know only the Beta version of Litichi currently supports the Mavic Air 2. In order to get the beta version you have to sign up for it and then within 24 hours you will receive the app notice to upgrade to LItchi Beta.

https://flylitchi.com/beta
2021-1-2
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I have been running DJI Fly, Litchi and Dronelink one after the other with not a lot of success in reliably getting them to connect. I think I have sorted it now.

It seems even a hint of DJI Fly or any of the apps still running on your phone could cause issues. So when you do get a working version of Litchi and if you are using Android here is what I now do and get connection first time every time..

1. Keep controller and phone connected
2. Assuming you have DJI Fly running or have done (I generally always have to open first as I'm within 4km from an airport so in a NFZ so need to get authorisation first) but I would do this from 3. everytime regardless.
3. Close all apps using the Square icon (Recent Apps) in Android
4. Then I run an app called "Force Stop Apps" it basically stops all apps. Chances are if you have previously run DJI Fly and closed it, it will still be "on" in the background. When I did this the first time I had about 60 apps still operating in the background.
5. Then either pull out your remote cable and put it back in (or go to settings / connections / mobile hotspot and tethering, hit the USB tethering switch - it kind of toggles back to where it is)
6. This will launch the USB selection menu and ask you to select DJI Fly / Litchi / Dronelink (if on your phone) just choose Litch using "Only once"
7. That menu will close and Litch will launch (showing disconnected) then show as connected.
8. Go back to 3 to launch any of the other drone software

Has worked flawlessly for me since I started clearing out the apps like that.

Good luck!
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_pT9CILhcpchh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474518 ft
United States

Have you tried to open up the DJI fly app? Your drone might need a software/firmware/flysafe update straight from DJI to be friends w/Litchi again.
2021-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MGarni Posted at 1-2 12:07
Litchi supports Mavic Air 2 in the latest version without any problems! (v4.19.0-beta-g) !

Sorry,  I dont count betas as the "latest versions".   I dont expect beta software to be that stable.
2021-1-3
Use props
MGarni
lvl.2
Slovenia

Bussty Posted at 1-2 20:21
I have been running DJI Fly, Litchi and Dronelink one after the other with not a lot of success in reliably getting them to connect. I think I have sorted it now.

It seems even a hint of DJI Fly or any of the apps still running on your phone could cause issues. So when you do get a working version of Litchi and if you are using Android here is what I now do and get connection first time every time..

Sometimes it's good to read something ...
When you launch the app (Litchi) it all writes ! The same goes for other DJI apps!

2021-1-3
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

MGarni Posted at 1-3 01:36
Sometimes it's good to read something ...
When you launch the app (Litchi) it all writes ! The same goes for other DJI apps!

I think this is part of the solution but Force Stopping Background apps made this a robust "Connect every time" process for me
2021-1-3
Use props
marc467
lvl.1
United States

OK, with the Beta I am able to connect...YEAH!

But there is a message when click on "Waypoints" saying "Waypoints are not supported, but coming soon!"

Awesome news, I was going to return the Mavic Air 2, but knowing Litchi is working on the solution, gives me hope.

I never fly a drone on the "sticks", way to easy to crash. 99% of my missions are planned out and mapped out with way points, Stress free flying!
2021-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules