Malaysia

I See this:

• Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference) [3]
  • 10 km (FCC)
    6 km (CE)
    6 km (SRRC)
    6 km (MIC)

• Signal Transmission Ranges (FCC) [4]
  • Strong Interference (urban landscape, limited line of sight, many competing signals): Approx. 3 km
    Medium Interference (suburban landscape, open line of sight, some competing signals): Approx. 6 km
    Low Interference (open landscape abundant line of sight, few competing signals): Approx. 10 km

Can I have some clarity this means in Asian location my drone DJI Mini 2 can fly up to 6 KM Horizontal ? How about vertical? How high (in altitude) he can go. 6 KM too? or I remember seeing some where 500 m ?

I see in my controller return home setting is always 120m. Can I increase?

Technically how high it can go and how far it can go?

Can advise please? I am noew to Drone

Rgds

2021-1-1
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

WHY, would you want/need to travel 6km "vertically". That is just a stupid/dangerous thing to even want to attempt.
2021-1-1
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064308 ft
Saudi Arabia

It’s restricted to 500M high.
6 or 10km will not be possible I think due to the battery.
2021-1-1
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The bottleneck is the battery, even in CE the controller can work at more than 6Km in open areas and direct line of sight. Maximum legal range in most countries is VLOS, which is about 500 meters.

Altitude is legally limited to 120m from the ground in Europe and most countries, but max altitude using the DJI Fly app is 500m from the take off point, that way you can climb a mountain, for example.

Physically the Mini 2 should be able to reach around 4.500 meters or so (as stated by the instructions you can take off at 4.000 altitude from the sea), but at that altitude the drone and battery would probably freeze, and it would fall like a stone.

• If you want to return home, max "safe" horizontal range is about 3Km or so, fly 3Km, take some pictures for 5 minutes or so and then return.
  • You can fly 4Km and immediately return though, but in if the wind changes direction... you probably won't get home.
  • If you want to make a one way trip, max range is more than 6Km, but you'll probably crash in the landing due to signal loss at low altitude (you need to maintain 60-120m altitude at that distance, or you'll lose connection due to trees and other stuff).

So basically, the usable safe range is 500m height and 3Km radious, but you have to adapt to the regulations of your country, specially if you plan to upload stuff on the internet. The mini 2 is a harmless drone (C0 type), and any car/motorcycle/bicycle out there is far more dangerous, but for the sake of the hobby better fly within regulations as everyone is a bit paranoical about them out there.

The closer you are, the better the signal is, but you'll probably find in situations where you are flying legally and people aroud would scare, call the cops, etc, so even when flying legally it's better to stay under the radar and go unnoticed.

Once I was taking some pictures of the facade of a bulding for the propietary to see wich reapirs should be done and another person in the building on the other side of the road though the drone was spying them through the window and called the cops. Nothing happened of course, was a totally legal flight.

Other time in the coutry a woman saw me standing with the controller in my hands, flying the drone at 200m or so and came with the car and started yelling at me at the distance, screaming flying drones was illegal and so on, she obviously didn't know the regulations, but she was afraid... so yep, we don't need people flying drones at 4K altitude and smashing into planes or will start banning drones everywhere U_U

2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

Im in america.but iv had mine well over a thousand feet high. you can set rth altitude in safety tab of settings.i put mine at 250 ft.play it safe.and thats approximate range.in an urban environment your gonna get about 3k feet.tgats inner city. Out of your line of sight.on some level flat ground you can expect a good 4-4.5km for the ce models. Fly in airplane mode also.that helps cut down interference. good luck.
2021-1-1
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191184 ft
Malaysia

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 1-1 01:29
WHY, would you want/need to travel 6km "vertically". That is just a stupid/dangerous thing to even want to attempt.

I know but I am just trying to understand the specs mentioned and wht is the capability
2021-1-1
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-1 05:25
The bottleneck is the battery, even in CE the controller can work at more than 6Km in open areas and direct line of sight. Maximum legal range in most countries is VLOS, which is about 500 meters.

Altitude is legally limited to 120m from the ground in Europe and most countries, but max altitude using the DJI Fly app is 500m from the take off point, that way you can climb a mountain, for example.

TQ TQ TQ ...very clear, now I will be more brave to take my drone a little further. TQ very much
2021-1-1
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Selian Seeni Posted at 1-1 09:01
TQ TQ TQ ...very clear, now I will be more brave to take my drone a little further. TQ very much

Remember to set the RTH correctly, it's a life savior feature.

You can press RTH as soon as you lose connection and then cancel it anytime when you get strong signal again.

Familiarize with your flying area little by little, and you'll have no major problems.
2021-1-1
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-1 05:25

Huginn Kenningar, you basically covered everything is one post.  The RTH height is the essential key to making it back as mentioned below.  I typically set mine to 120m.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

One very very important thing to remember is to look around your surroundings and set the RTH accordingly
2021-1-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some of these RTH altitudes seem high for me. Better to not have to use extra battery power to climb unnecessarily or to end up in higher altitude winds. I always do this in an unfamiliar area: Rise to about 120 feet and do a 360 while watching for objects that appear higher than the horizon. Increase altitude until there are none of those, Set RTH to that height. Obviously doesn't work in all terrains.
2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

you would NOT want to travel 6km vertically as that is against the law unless you are flying above a structure that is at such a height?
2021-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Selian Seeni. Thanks for reaching out! Since you're flying in Asia, the Max Transmission Distance is up to 6 km. Please be noted that the maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience, not aircraft battery capability. It only refers to the maximum, one-way flight distance. Data was measured in an open environment without interference.  On the other hand, the max altitude that can be set via the DJI Fly app is up to 500 m. Please strictly abide by local laws and regulations when flying. In addition, make sure to read the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines to understand the safety notices before flying. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf
2021-1-2
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-2 00:00
Hi, Selian Seeni. Thanks for reaching out! Since you're flying in Asia, the Max Transmission Distance is up to 6 km. Please be noted that the maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience, not aircraft battery capability. It only refers to the maximum, one-way flight distance. Data was measured in an open environment without interference.  On the other hand, the max altitude that can be set via the DJI Fly app is up to 500 m. Please strictly abide by local laws and regulations when flying. In addition, make sure to read the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines to understand the safety notices before flying. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/DJI_Mini_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_12.pdf

TQ will do. Just catching up on the tips and traps from the Drone Masters My height is set to 120m so far.  I guess knowing all this will make me a good navigator.
2021-1-2
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-1 09:55
Remember to set the RTH correctly, it's a life savior feature.

You can press RTH as soon as you lose connection and then cancel it anytime when you get strong signal again.

TQ for the reply and advise/tips
2021-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Selian Seeni Posted at 1-2 09:12
TQ will do. Just catching up on the tips and traps from the Drone Masters  My height is set to 120m so far.  I guess knowing all this will make me a good navigator.

You're most welcome and always have a safe flight. Cheers!
2021-1-3
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 01:38

Tq tq same to you
2021-1-3
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 01:38

Tq tq same to you
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_Hjh8we7aR7pV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18839 ft
United States

Does anyone know why I can only get to about 800m away before I start to lose signal? Is it my environment (lots of trees) or am I doing something wrong? I just got it this week.
2021-1-10
Use props
Selian Seeni
lvl.3
Malaysia

djiuser_Hjh8we7aR7pV Posted at 1-10 18:25
Does anyone know why I can only get to about 800m away before I start to lose signal? Is it my environment (lots of trees) or am I doing something wrong? I just got it this week.

first make sure your are pointing the transmitter on the controller towards the drone, try that and revert.
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules