Inspire won't stop at center stick
883 8 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

We just picked up a second Inspire yesterday and I took it out today for a test flight. Did all the normal calibration and when you let go of the left stick the copter will just keep going in what ever direction it was traveling in. UP of DOWN. Did I not adjust a certain setting in a flight mode or what is going on?

Thanks
2015-7-2
Use props
lkedziora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808491 ft
Poland

It may be a silly question but did You calibrate the RC?
2015-7-2
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

The only calibration that was done was the copter. Unfortunately more bad news. DJI support had me do updates to the firmware to double check it was all current. I went and tested it. It had the same issues, rose without me pushing up on the stick. I tried to slowly bring it back down, but it flew back down and then would not slow down. Crash with damage. Called the shop I purchased it from and this is the second Inspire 1 that had this problem. Called another shop that carried them as well and they have had 1 customer with this issue. So now I have to send it to DJI, buy a new one so I can work. Then when I get the old one back I will have to try to sell it to recoup the money lost.

Another strike against DJI and especially the policy they have with their retailers. If they would do a swap with the retailer it would save me time and money.
2015-7-2
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Hi Garret,
Bind your new craft with the RC of your older craft and see what happen.

2015-7-2
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-7-3 11:20
Hi Garret,
Bind your new craft with the RC of your older craft and see what happen.

Already sent it on its way to DJI. Odd because the other functions are working correctly. Forward, backwards and side to side.

From that the retailers said it has happened before
2015-7-2
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

This is certainly odd.  I tried to do some research, but can't really come up with lots of useful feedback, I'm afraid.  It's worries go that other retailers report similar, but, it's not been widely publicised wider than that?  Was it a 'bad batch' that came to your area?  Not sure.

Let us know if you learn more?  Certainly not a good place to be...
2015-7-3
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-7-3 21:53
This is certainly odd.  I tried to do some research, but can't really come up with lots of useful fe ...

It worries me too, but at least the problem presented itself immediately. It would have been ideal to have been able to take it back to the retailer immediately before the catastrophic failure, but the issue is the retailers are not able to simply swap them out. They then have to send it in. From what they said DJI is better to their direct customers than they are with their retailers. I didn't want to buy another one while mine is being repaired for the next 6 weeks and then sell it when it is returned from DJI. Such a cluster. Now I am back to using my Cinestar 6 and 8 for jobs. The show must go on.
2015-7-3
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tough issue; it doesn't sound like RC calibration to be honest as this would usually result in either unusual centre stick behaviour or a lack of acceleration at full extent (ie "full throttle" isn't really "full").
2015-7-3
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-7-4 11:09
Tough issue; it doesn't sound like RC calibration to be honest as this would usually result in eithe ...

Very true and the yaw wasn't affected. Certainly freaks you out when your copter rises on its own. Shouldn't have been an issue because I had been able to compensate, but the decent became too rapid and it became out of my control. My only hope is that DJI does not give me any issues with the repair. After all it was 2 days old and I have over 100 flights on my previous Inspire.
2015-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules