Not recording photos or video and 3 beeps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248914 ft
United Kingdom

Good Evening,

My Phantom 3 has stopped recording images. I am unsure exactly when this started as I haven't checked the memory card for a few flights.

Flight is fine and I see the normal image through the application however I cannot record any images or video. If I try and take a photo it makes the camera noise and the circle around the “button” rotates for about 15 seconds. During this time the camera feed disappears and after about 10 seconds says No Signal. It then comes back a few seconds later. I then get 3 beeps, 1 standard and then 2 quicker. No image is recorded. If I select the video mode the slider button moves across but the camera feed disappears, I then get the no signal and three beeps and when the image comes back it goes back to camera mode and once again no image is recorded.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware and I have tried different SD cards as well as reformatting. I have also reinstalled the android app and reset all the settings.

Please help. Thanks all.
2015-7-2
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Can your format the micro sd card?  Is it detected by the gimbal?  You may have the issue that the connecting pins aren't making contact DJI mentioned in there post today.  Try to remove it and re-seat it.

-Dog
2015-7-2
Use props
ross
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The camera / gimbal is working normally and has full movement. The SD card is recognised. If I remove it the take photo button disappears and then reappears once it is back in. When I look in the albums it recognises the card. I can also successfully reformat the card. Prior to formatting I could see old photos and video I had taken when I hit the "play" button. Since formatting I just get the SD card empty icon as you would expect.
The connectors all seem to be in place but removed and reseated for good measure and no difference,
2015-7-2
Use props
ross
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI support have said wait for the next update they hope is released next week... Im not certain this will fix it as it has happened on the last firmware and this and now on this one. The alternative was I should send it to them to investigate and I should contact my dealer ?!?!?! bought it directly from DJI on preorder! Anyway I get the feeling that they don't know
2015-7-3
Use props
ross
lvl.1
United Kingdom

with a bit of trial and error and having got a few hints from other posts I have identified this to an Android App issue. Someone mentioned Android Lag which appears to be the issue here and I guess the lag is bad enough the data cannot be saved correctly. If I connect my iPhone 6 also on 1.2 and everything else exactly the same then everything works 100%. So looks like ill be flying with my iPhone until they fix the software
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules