New Mavic Air 2 Firmware - NO ZOOM TO PHOTO MODE
8597 21 2021-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

2 New Firmwares Released On The Same Day! (28/12/2020)
For Mavic Air 2 users: v01.00.0511

For Mini 2 users: v01.02.0000  

Mini 2 users now have the ability to zoom in Photo mode.

This feature has also been requested by Mavic Air 2 users for a long time.

You underestimate the users of a plane that costs $ 1,000.
Congratulations !

2021-1-2
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Probably in the next firmware which is near
2021-1-2
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI being untrusted day by day. Does MA2 outdated already also? Any drone or product will be supported till the new one released? Gather yourself or your valuable customers will leave you...
2021-1-2
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Hopefully they bring it to the MA2 as well.
2021-1-2
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zooming in photo mode is pretty much a useless feature.  Taking a photo in photo mode already is using the full sensor of the camera. So when it “zooms” in with the software, it is basically just doing a digital zoom and cropping the photo.  You can do this after the fact in any photo editor that exists.  
2021-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, S.T. Thanks for reaching out! We appreciate your feedback and suggestion. We'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Mavic Air 2.
2021-1-3
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

KlooGee Posted at 1-2 19:50
Zooming in photo mode is pretty much a useless feature.  Taking a photo in photo mode already is using the full sensor of the camera. So when it “zooms” in with the software, it is basically just doing a digital zoom and cropping the photo.  You can do this after the fact in any photo editor that exists.

I totally agree with you no use if you want to zoom in any photo editing software will do it perfectly.
2021-1-3
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

VanzPix Posted at 1-3 08:55
I totally agree with you no use if you want to zoom in any photo editing software will do it perfectly.

It ia very usefull when you use it for inspections
2021-1-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 1-2 19:50

... more than only "true" !!!      
2021-1-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Niknik Posted at 1-3 09:37

... that is your misunderstanding!   
2021-1-3
Use props
Fert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222516 ft
United States

Sometimes you want to get a closer live look at something. One could argue that the zoom feature is not necessary in video mode either, because it's not optical zoom.

It's nice to have options like this available, especially when it's possible with just a software update.
2021-1-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I definitely hope photo zoom will be supported in future updates. Hopefully, since the Mini 2 has received it the Air 2 will also.
2021-1-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll agree to disagree.  When doing inspections, I'd rather have the full image available on my computer and be able to zoom into it there.  I can see much more on my large computer monitor than I can on my phone or small tablet.

But it is good to have options so that people can use those different options in the way that best suits them.  The workflow that I prefer doesn't have to be the workflow that you prefer.  Cheers!
2021-1-3
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

The facts :
MAVIC AIR 2 users receive an incomplete firmware version.
Added cruise control for Free mode in Hyperlapse (requires DJI Fly v1.2.2 or later for iOS version.
Support for Android version will be added later !!!!!)

Also Android users must install the necessary software DJI Fly 1.2.2, only through the DJI site. !!!

The zoom is of course digital.
And that determines its limited quality.
This does not mean that it should not exist as an option.

My view is that DJI is downgrading its specific product to promoting the new model.
She turns her back on a product with a lifespan of less than a year !!!
And that costs twice as much as the new model.!!!
This is the definition of shooting my feet.
This is because she feels like a king in drones industry.
History is full of collapsing empires, victims of their arrogance.
2021-1-4
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22398 ft
United States

I’ve downloaded, have all settings correct yet there’s no “zoom” feature
2021-6-4
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Bottom right, select 4K ZOOM instead of 4K WIDE. Then right beside the capture button there's a 1x. 4K ZOOM will only zoom to 2x
2021-6-4
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
United States

I appreciate that but I don’t see any button that states 4k zoom nor wide
2021-6-4
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
United States

Drone is new.  And of course the firmware is  up to date.  I don’t understand
2021-6-4
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
United States

doglaboi Posted at 6-4 06:26
Bottom right, select 4K ZOOM instead of 4K WIDE. Then right beside the capture button there's a 1x. 4K ZOOM will only zoom to 2x

Got it.  Thanks
2021-6-4
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

Glad you found it. I too was searching for it a while back. So I know what was going on in your head when you couldn't find it.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_Vr5LO4tyPe7W
New

United Kingdom

Can not find zoom on my ma2 was on but disappeared
Yesterday my drone never came back when I pressed rth it went to 120 mi lost controll and it just hovered until battery  died  luckily  found it with find my drone any idea why it did that my rth is set at 30 not 120
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_yoysseLpZrhw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227854 ft
Canada

I just purchased a new mavic air 2 only to find out it has no zoom in photo mode. I have a mavic pro that does have the zoom in photo mode nd I love it. So needless to say the mavic air 2 is going back and I demand my money back. Most of us take more photo's than video's, we can not frame a video and put it on our wal of a wedding or other events. Most of all we want to be able to zoom in on a photo before we snap the pic so we see up close what we are getting in the photo specially if it's a photo of a special event
2022-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules