Broken previews on Samsung S7?
457 4 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MDMotion
lvl.2
Denmark

Hi Folks

First couple of months went fine with my Mavic Air 2, and my Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android) phone.
Then - out of the blue - I lost access to the video previews on the phone. The stored fullres files are fine, but I really like the option to check my shots out in the field.
Files are stored on my phone, but with an exclamation mark thumbnail, and a message, that the file cannot be played due to an error...

Today, I checked again after installing the latest firmware(s), but the problem is still there...
Running out of options - tested with h264 vs h265 vs mov - doublechecked available space and so on...

Any ideas what causes this and a solution?
Thanks a lot...

Mike
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MDMotion. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you could kindly, please check whether your DJI Fly is updated already (latest v1.2.2). Please let us know also if you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly. If you could add a screenshot or image of the issue, that'll be appreciated, too.
2021-1-3
Use props
MDMotion
lvl.2
Denmark

Thanks for the reply...

I’m attaching 2 screenshots from my Galaxy s7 - “thumbnail” and file properties

Trying to play the lowres files on the phone results in a message: “an unknown error has occurred”.
The problem remains - after variuos updates, including the 1.2.2 mentioned.

I did not yet try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fly app - not quite sure how to get the 1.2.2. version “from scratch” - as I got 1.2.2 as an “apk update”?

Thanks...kind regards,
Mike
2021-1-4
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I noticed it happened on my  my Galaxy 9+ phone gallery using app 1.2.1 and since I'm not or able to travel. How I discovered it I was going to clean/clear  my phone gallery up but no need. I'll be interested to hear DJI's reason.
2021-1-4
Use props
MDMotion
lvl.2
Denmark

So DJI....I’m on my own with this issue?
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules