Camera arm shown in demo video on the RS 2 product page
3342 18 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know the manufacturer of the small stabilizer arm shown in the car rig video clip under the Titan Stabilization section?

Thanks!
2021-1-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://tilta.com/shop/hydra-alien-car-mounting-system/
2021-1-3
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

Indio Posted at 1-3 13:38
https://tilta.com/shop/hydra-alien-car-mounting-system/

Thanks! Footage looks very smooth. Any owners care to share an opinion of it?
2021-1-3
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Harbor Pictures Posted at 1-3 15:24
Thanks! Footage looks very smooth. Any owners care to share an opinion of it?

Hi, I will get my one within the next days hopefully and will share some feedback after the first tests.
2021-1-5
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 1-5 23:22
Hi, I will get my one within the next days hopefully and will share some feedback after the first tests.

Thanks - looking forward to hearing about your experience. I’m wondering if they will offer the arm individually. I have plenty of car rig widgets, rods, cups, etc. The small arm is the main attraction. As nice as the complete system looks, for me it’ll be lots of duplicates. Before the earlier reply identifying it as a Tilta product, a web search turned up another small(ish) arm by Proaim. The Airwave. It looks fairly new as well, not a lot of review.
2021-1-6
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Harbor Pictures Posted at 1-6 05:10
Thanks - looking forward to hearing about your experience. I’m wondering if they will offer the arm individually. I have plenty of car rig widgets, rods, cups, etc. The small arm is the main attraction. As nice as the complete system looks, for me it’ll be lots of duplicates. Before the earlier reply identifying it as a Tilta product, a web search turned up another small(ish) arm by Proaim. The Airwave. It looks fairly new as well, not a lot of review.

I think the Tilta just make perfect sense as the full system. Rolling shots on a budget production are alway about rig time until you do the first capture. Classical arms do have quite a log rig time as well for changing position. The pro of the Tilta is the flexibility in this view. I’m looking forward to see if the product will held what the commercial do show. One aspect more, in my country, is to be able to drive legal on normal roads to capture rolling shots. From the size of the Tilta it will be possible. With arms like the Proaim that need a basic rod-rig it will be never legal and need to have private ground or blocked roads for shootings.
2021-1-6
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 1-6 05:31
I think the Tilta just make perfect sense as the full system. Rolling shots on a budget production are alway about rig time until you do the first capture. Classical arms do have quite a log rig time as well for changing position. The pro of the Tilta is the flexibility in this view. I’m looking forward to see if the product will held what the commercial do show. One aspect more, in my country, is to be able to drive legal on normal roads to capture rolling shots. From the size of the Tilta it will be possible. With arms like the Proaim that need a basic rod-rig it will be never legal and need to have private ground or blocked roads for shootings.
True on rigging time. Where’s the Indy Car pit crew when you need them.
2021-1-6
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Harbor Pictures Posted at 1-6 05:10

the Tilta Hydra Arm arrived today. I will soon test it and give some feedback here
2021-1-20
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 1-20 01:44
the Tilta Hydra Arm arrived today. I will soon test it and give some feedback here

Thanks!  Looking forward to it
2021-1-20
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

The hydra arm comes very well packed in a case with all accessories
E1DA2992-3BE9-4271-B430-7A28D0BA30E4.jpeg
2021-1-20
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2021-1-21
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 1-20 10:35
The hydra arm comes very well packed in a case with all accessories

How’s it working for you?
2021-2-6
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Harbor Pictures Posted at 2-6 06:24
How’s it working for you?

Had a first quick test on it this weekend
EC79928F-D49C-4D29-BB6A-9B3EA1D748F6.jpeg
2021-2-8
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

This Video is raw footage of a quick test round with the arm. You can imagine what you get. It's without real fine tuning on the Arm or the RS2.The cam car is lowered and on quite stiff suspension, i always test and adjust that way so it will run perfect on "regular cars". The bit of smaller pan shakes I know from the Ronins S, those can be resolved by Ronin settings.

2021-2-8
Use props
Harbor Pictures
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 2-8 07:41
This Video is raw footage of a quick test round with the arm. You can imagine what you get. It's without real fine tuning on the Arm or the RS2.The cam car is lowered and on quite stiff suspension, i always test and adjust that way so it will run perfect on "regular cars". The bit of smaller pan shakes I know from the Ronins S, those can be resolved by Ronin settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuU7CXyZYc8

Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty promising. If that's rough settings, there should be plenty more to get out of it.

I see you are mounting a pair of larger batteries on the arm. Do you think the extra mass is necessary for the arm to operate correctly? I'm looking at the main setup for my use skipping them, and just using the RS 2 remote base setup for gimbal power and control.

Glad to see I'm not the only one looking at solid grey skies this winter!
2021-2-8
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Harbor Pictures Posted at 2-8 08:48
Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty promising. If that's rough settings, there should be plenty more to get out of it.

I see you are mounting a pair of larger batteries on the arm. Do you think the extra mass is necessary for the arm to operate correctly? I'm looking at the main setup for my use skipping them, and just using the RS 2 remote base setup for gimbal power and control.

In the short  test I had the issue that, with the wind while driving and as well during quicker acceleration and harder breaking, the arm moved up or down and did not fall back into equal position sometimes. Maybe with less weight this behavior will become even more. i will try to tweak and tune in the next run.

So yes, I think it needs a bit of a weight. The Arm comes with a set of 8 x 220g counterweights. You can install those instead of the pair of batteries.
I'm not happy that the dampening part is not adjustable. I have already planned to have changes to that part to be able to change wires in length and thickness.  This will help to adjust the dampening to the real load and help to get a really stable picture.

2021-2-8
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Long time silence, but i want to update here as well. I have done my homework to make the hydra arm working and by now I can full use it to take stable useable scenes. The set itself is quite good for the ammount of money, who ever is keen to buy it just need to replace the suction cups with industry standars ones and replace the weak vibration isolator part.

hydra1_klein.jpg
hydra2_klein.jpg
hydra3_klein.jpg
2022-2-17
Use props
OCMedia
lvl.1

United States

BeeS View Posted at 2-17 02:53
Long time silence, but i want to update here as well. I have done my homework to make the hydra arm working and by now I can full use it to take stable useable scenes. The set itself is quite good for the ammount of money, who ever is keen to buy it just need to replace the suction cups with industry standars ones and replace the weak vibration isolator part.[view_image]

[view_image]

What new vibration Isolator did you use or get? everybody is just modifying theirs with springs and bolts. I like the way you modified yours better. Also, Did you have to buy a video transmission set or does it work fine with the DJI Raven eye? I'm hearing that the signal gets lost from a few feet away out of the vehicle.
2022-4-18
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

OCMedia Posted at 4-18 10:34
What new vibration Isolator did you use or get? everybody is just modifying theirs with springs and bolts. I like the way you modified yours better. Also, Did you have to buy a video transmission set or does it work fine with the DJI Raven eye? I'm hearing that the signal gets lost from a few feet away out of the vehicle.

I did manufacture that mod on my own. In car I use the Raveneye to control camera settings plus a direct hdmi cable to monitor the picture in 4K. Have installed an active HDMI splitter for that
2022-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules