PolarPro VND or Vivid Collection ND/PL ?
1192 7 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxAdriano
lvl.1

Italy

Hey, I need a suggestion about ND  filters byy expert people. I make video editing and I loook a 4K good video quality. I  sometimes shoot in Africa in remote areas. In your opinion is it better  to buy PolarProVND or PolarPro ND/PL? I don't shoot over water but I  read you need ND/PL filter even if you don't soot above water because it  cut reflections and glare and other small problems as mist.  

I have to buy a filter for my Air 2 that I have recently. Which one of  both filters do you suggest for me? I like to get the best 4K video  quality.
Thank you.
2021-1-5
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

You will get the best video quality with a Mavic Pro 2. ND filter does not improve video quality!!! Sorry
2021-1-5
Use props
_Crash.Davis_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 893586 ft
United States

With the VND, you can cut down on space in your bag/case with having just one or two VND filters. The only advantage I can see on with having VND's as opposed to using single ND's is not having to take off each time you want to change the filter. Either way you still need to land to make a change, but won't have to pull it off with the VND. Polar Pro's are very good, but can cost a little more. I also have PGY and FreeWell filters and they work great too with less cost. Hope this helps.
2021-1-5
Use props
FoxAdriano
lvl.1

Italy

ririlan Posted at 1-5 09:31
You will get the best video quality with a Mavic Pro 2. ND filter does not improve video quality!!! Sorry

ririlan,
You think I don't know what you are telling me? I have my reasons for using the Mavic Air 2. For this reason I don't want to degrade the video quality witha filter.
2021-1-5
Use props
FoxAdriano
lvl.1

Italy

_Crash.Davis_ Posted at 1-5 09:52
With the VND, you can cut down on space in your bag/case with having just one or two VND filters. The only advantage I can see on with having VND's as opposed to using single ND's is not having to take off each time you want to change the filter. Either way you still need to land to make a change, but won't have to pull it off with the VND. Polar Pro's are very good, but can cost a little more. I also have PGY and FreeWell filters and they work great too with less cost. Hope this helps.

Devis,
Thanks for your reply.
I look only for video 4K quality. I usually shoot in remote sunny areas without water. In your opinion is it better to buy PolarPro VND or PolarPro ND/PL?
I read that you need ND/PL filter even if you don't soot above water because it cut reflections and glare and other small problems as mist. Sometimes I read the contrary. uffff
Many times I read it is better using PolarPro VND because, as well as practical, it dosn't give saturated colours, etc. etc.
I like the best video 4K quality. Anyway I make video editing.
I would be happy if some guy who has experience with filters and drones answered me.
Which one of both do you suggest?.... or better ..... if you were me, which of both filter would you buy?
Thank you a lot.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FoxAdriano. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. You may also try checking the Mavic Air 2 ND Filters Set (ND16/64/256) found on out DJI online store. These high-quality, light reducing ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings. These options offer more options in shutter speed adjustment and long exposure shooting, and effectively respond to uses such as photos, videos, and hyperlapse footage. Thank you.
2021-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also check out the Freewell products,  I have polar pro and Freewell for the M2P and the quality of both is great but the Freewell was a lot cheap and variable so easier to use.
2021-1-6
Use props
FoxAdriano
lvl.1

Italy

Could I ask a question please? Maybe it is a stupid question but I'd like to understand better: Which would you buy between Freewell Standard Day - 4K Series (without PL) and PolarPro Mavic Air 2 2-5 stop VND filter?
Thank you.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules