US Phone Support - hangs up - won't let you wait on hold
1159 10 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary
lvl.1
United States

I have dual remotes for my Inspire 1.  

I attempted to fly with the dual controllers but I could not get the dual controllers to link.

I worked with Chat support for two hours, went around and around and around and got nowhere.   They suggested calling US Support.

I tried phone calling U.S. Support and got a VERY RUDE voice mail message that said "We are busy, Call Back Later" and then hung up.   

It would not allow me to wait on hold, and just hung up on me - VERY RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!  

The dual controllers will not link:  
I read the manual and followed it.  Did not work.
I engaged Chat support for hours - ensured both controllers had the latest firmware, swapped remotes, etc.  Nothing worked, then Chat said call U.S. phone support.  

• I called U.S. phone support on July 2, 2015 at 10AM Pacific Time - Went through the Voice Mail tree to Inspire 1 Support - the voice mail said "We are Busy, Call Back Later" and then HUNG UP ON ME.   It would not let me wait on hold.   
  • I called again at 2PM, the voice mail HUNG UP ON ME.
  • I called again at 4PM, the voice mail HUNG UP ON ME.

I need support - I am doing everything exactly as written in the manual and the dual controllers will not link.  I ensured both I need support.   

Lastly, since I purchased dual controllers, it would have been nice to include two harnesses.  I received only one harness.  I see I can purchase a second harness for $35.   After spending over $3,000 on a dual controller Inspire 1, one would think DJI would ship two harnesses.   

Please Help!!!!!   

Gary

2015-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there,

here is a video showing you how to set up the second controller. You only get one harness as a gift with the Inspire 1.

hope this helps you

Rich
2015-7-4
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Hope you get it working.   The support will do that when there's high call volume.  You can call one minute and it will say that and another, they will put you in a call que.   Don't know if it has anything to do with holidays or not.    But keep trying if you don't get your answer
2015-7-4
Use props
gixxer161
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3026306 ft
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-5 07:51
Hope you get it working.   The support will do that when there's high call volume.  You can call one ...

the phone support is non existent, I tried all day long on 7/20/15 with no luck of even getting put on hold, it would just hang up on me.  I thought this was a large, wealthy company at this point, they need to hire some help.
2015-7-20
Use props
lvl.4

United States

gixxer161 Posted at 2015-7-21 07:47
the phone support is non existent, I tried all day long on 7/20/15 with no luck of even getting pu ...

It's a Monday.   I've had better success later in the week.  And that's common to most companies that close on the weekends ......heeeeeeyyyyy.     Maybe the should take a few calls on Saturday!
2015-7-20
Use props
gixxer161
lvl.1
United States

1111 Posted at 2015-7-21 08:14
It's a Monday.   I've had better success later in the week.  And that's common to most companies t ...

That's true, but nothing all day is really frustrating. I suffered a total loss on my phantom 3. I have only had it for days, the first few flights were amazing, then I did a farther flight to really check it out, and that too was amazing, the last flight was really good and I recorded my phone's screen along with the flight... I was about 170' up and the quad just shut off with 38% battery, and fell out of the sky.... the air frame didn't look all that bad, but the camera was broken off.... I put the battery back in just to turn it on and close the video file.... nothing, did that a couple of times after transporting the airframe to the car.... nothing.... later when I got home, put the battery in... FIRE! something inside was sparking and smoking... what a shame, but I have everything on tape, even me calibrating the compass. I see nothing I did wrong and want to request some sort of financial help after I provide the video, hardware and the flight log files. I'm really bummed, because everything was working beyond my expectations up to that point.
2015-7-20
Use props
lvl.4

United States

....and there's another frustrating thing about DJI.  They will get it sorted out for you, but it may take weeks and weeks.  Months.   Sad thing is your stuck with their system and you only had it a few days.  
2015-7-20
Use props
gixxer161
lvl.1
United States

1111 Posted at 2015-7-21 08:37
....and there's another frustrating thing about DJI.  They will get it sorted out for you, but it ma ...

I got through today after making about 80 calls. it was like calling into a radio station to win tickets or something. Once it finally rang and someone was on the line I was so careful not bump anything or move around too much with my phone.   I must say that the person that helped me was very good at their job and sent me all the appropriate emails. I'm just lucky that cell phones are not banned where I work or I would not have been able to get a hold of anyone. You just have to keep trying all day.
2015-7-21
Use props
Boosh
lvl.1

Canada

im having the same problem 2 days of straight calling now . but they changed call centers and i did finally get through.
2015-7-21
Use props
gixxer161
lvl.1
United States

I was able to get through and sent in my damaged Phantom, they will get my aircraft today (7/30/15) just to recap, after a great flight it fell out of the sky with full power loss at 15 in and 38% battery life left. After that something inside was sparking and a lot of smoke came pouring out.
2015-7-30
Use props
michael
New

United States

Unfortunately, I just got to experience the DJI "support" system (for my Phantom 3 Professional) ... the support guy was very rude on the telephone and only wanted to get me off the phone to email me basic information that he was going to find "researching forums" (serious).  If their support people have to research forums for help, what good are they?  After asking for a higher level of support (he wouldn't do that), a supervisor (he said he didn't have a supervisor) and then "any human that manages you" he hung up on me after letting out a huge sigh of disgust.

I have emailed DJI requesting a full refund.  If they don't comply, then I guess I will have to see them in Small Claims Court (or talk to some class action lawyers as this is clearly standard for them and they apparently have not learned from the MakerBot fiasco).
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules