LRF Files - Why?
12Next >
82882 61 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Why am I getting an LRF file stored  with every clip I take using the new Firmware?
Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 14.29.18.png

2021-1-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi northaal

This is a low resolution file generated simultaneously when recording. The new feature trimmed download via DJI MIMO app will take use of them.
LRF files are mp4, which can be viewd by any PC media player actually.
2021-1-7
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My iMac does not recognise these files natively. If I rename the extension to MP4 then it can play them. I personally would prefer not to have them. Is it possible to turn them off ? Thank You
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_iQCPZ4MmXS28
lvl.2
Germany

It would be nicer for them to be stored in another folder - I like to connect the camera directly to my mac, so it means it’s annoying to preview them
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_QJG6X5IprVcl
New

France

DJI-ytao Posted at 1-7 07:04
Hi northaal

This is a low resolution file generated simultaneously when recording. The new feature trimmed download via DJI MIMO app will take use of them.

Hi !
Did you know if we can use this file as Proxy for Premiere Pro ?
2021-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If the directory is ordered by file type they are easier to ignore.  But an option not to have them would seem to be a good idea.
2021-2-6
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_QJG6X5IprVcl Posted at 2-6 10:39
Hi !
Did you know if we can use this file as Proxy for Premiere Pro ?

you can use the file as a proxy.

just note it is not designed to be that time synchronization accurate. (there may be a 1 frame delay)
2021-2-7
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
Brazil

That's useful information thanks
2021-3-5
Use props
Partorg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206952 ft
Israel

DJI-ytao Posted at 1-7 07:04
Hi northaal

Hi.
Is it possible to disable  creating of LRF files in settings?
Regards
Vladimir
2021-3-28
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Partorg
Other people have asked this in other posts. It is not possible at the moment. It has been requested in a future update.
I wonder if there is anyone on this forum that actually uses these files?
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_zsYNS7FOohWz
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone.

Does someone use this files? I'm afraid of not using this files in the edition of my videos and the quality won't be good. I try to change to .mp4 and it reproduce but it seems the same video as original so I'm really confuse if I have to use this file in a part of the edition or what it is used for.

Thanks for reply in advance
2021-4-5
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

I used them today! (I think...)

After filming a scene with my band, we watched the takes on my phone with the camera disconnected, so I'm guessing these low res files were the ones I was able to watch on my phone.

Still would be better to have them in a separate folder. It's really annoying to have to change my folder to view by file type before copying SOME files over and deleting others, when before I could literally just "Select All" and move everything onto my hard drive.
2021-5-30
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

This ... is still annoying. I took a break from making videos until yesterday, forgot what the LRF files were, looked it up, and now I'm annoyed again!
2021-7-25
Use props
Astmens
lvl.1

Spain

I would also love to request the removal of LRF files or at least an option to disable them!
They are cluttering up the SD card and slow down writing speeds as there are 2 files written at the same time... caucing problems with the memory card...
Does anyone know how to raise this issue?
2021-7-28
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

+1 for removing.
It should have been made and optional feature from the very beginning. These files take 15-20% additional space! Needless to say the processing would load additional CPU and SD card bandwidth!

Hey DJI please make this optional ASAP.
2021-10-30
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Why oh why we need to tackle those files? Please remove them or at least give an option not to save them on card
2021-12-10
Use props
element33
lvl.2
Russia

This is not a professional camera. It is not able to shoot in RAW format or in log profiles. However, some users do use lrf files on post editing.
I think it would be correct to make an option in the settings to disable LRF.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_QVEA6eXSN4DN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1257762 ft
  • >>>
Austria

element33 Posted at 12-11 02:34
This is not a professional camera. It is not able to shoot in RAW format or in log profiles. However, some users do use lrf files on post editing.
I think it would be correct to make an option in the settings to disable LRF.

These files occured after the latest release 16th of Dec.
I am sure, that was a mistake on a DJI's programmer. These file I have on my FlyAPP as a low resolution preview. I check on my device, what I load down from SD fianlly.

On a progammers error such flies are also layed on the SD card as well....
2021-12-18
Use props
Ranta62
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Its now April 2022 and I am using the latest Pocket 2 Firmware. These annoying LRF files are still there and canl;t be turned off as far as I am aware in settings

DJI - please can you add a new setting to allow users to turn this off.

How long does it take to code a simple thing like this?.

We all bought the upgraded Pocket 2 after owning OmniPocket and this is how you reward customers - Ignoring the customer base

Please update us
2022-4-13
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237073 ft
United States

Yes an option to disable would be great it's a waste of space and clock cycles.
2022-4-28
Use props
springflake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35404 ft
Germany

Please make a option to enable/disable. I dont need that files and storage is getting wasted on my vacation with that files.
2022-4-30
Use props
djiuser_lInMkWArbUXt
lvl.1
Germany

Die LFR-Datei ist eine SD-Version vom Original-Clip. Nimmt unnötigen Platz weg und nervt und ist auch bei der Aktion 2
2022-4-30
Use props
TilleTeamM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1769117 ft
Sweden

+1 for removing this feature. The LFR-file is indeed an mp4 720P file. You can play it back with VLC player or Windows Mediaplayer.
/Tille,
2022-6-25
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I find them annoying but the work around is simple:
1. if you are using windows you can sort the directory (folder) by file type.
2. select the LFR files and hit "del" or "delete" on your keyboard.

an easier way in windows command mode (just like DOS back in the mid 80s to late 90s, before Windows and iOS):
d:
cd dcim\100media
del *.LFR

d: being the drive of your memory card
assuming your media is located in the folder DCIM followed by 100media
* means all files (the variable) and .LFR which is the extension (not case sensitive, you can type it in lowercase)
be careful, if you type del *.* - you will delete everything in the directory (folder)
2022-7-1
Use props
Taishakuten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 441795 ft
  • >>>
Italy

registrando con la pocket 2 video in 2.7k a 50 fps il bitrate sfiora gli 82 m/s la memorycard extreme pro mi da come velocità scrittura 89 mb/s in alcune riprese probabilmente dei picchi di informazioni fanno salire il bitrate in scrittura e il video scatta. Tutta colpa di questi file lrf? Possibile che non si possano disattivare? Assurdo anche perchè le micro sd proposte in vendita nello store da abbinare alla pocket 2 sono le sandisk extreme che hanno una velocità di scrittura ancora inferiore...
2022-7-21
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Astmens Posted at 2021-7-28 02:35
I would also love to request the removal of LRF files or at least an option to disable them!
They are cluttering up the SD card and slow down writing speeds as there are 2 files written at the same time... caucing problems with the memory card...
Does anyone know how to raise this issue?

Perhaps also causing more temperature rise,  waste precious battery life and card space.

Hope these extra files can be disabled soon.
2022-9-2
Use props
djuser5
New

United States

when this will be fixed?
answer me asap or else i am returning camera!
2022-9-3
Use props
schlutz
lvl.1
Australia

djuser5 Posted at 9-3 18:43
when this will be fixed?
answer me asap or else i am returning camera!

+100 to rid these files from my device.
2022-9-4
Use props
shawn00m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142425 ft
United States

Today was the first time I flew my Avata while being connected to the DJI Fly App on my phone. Every other time I've flown it I wasn't connected to my phone or the app. Coincidentally, this is the first time I have seen these LRF files. Are these only generated while using the DJI Fly App? Do I have to connect to the app every time I fly?
2022-11-16
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

Greg_Toronto Posted at 7-1 20:24
I find them annoying but the work around is simple:
1. if you are using windows you can sort the directory (folder) by file type.
2. select the LFR files and hit "del" or "delete" on your keyboard.

Agreed, people just can't seem to think outside of the box. I personally like options even though I have the latest and greatest.  It's as simple as you say, simply delete them with a command or sort them and delete them. Takes seconds.

Sure, having the ability to turn LFRs off might help, but it doesn't really effect read/write speeds if you have the appropriate SD card.

Oh well, I'm sure this isn't on DJI's top of their priority list. Why would it be?
2022-11-20
Use props
MDT-DJI
lvl.1
Thailand

How I can turn off these LFR files?? I just bought Action 3 and I transfer files every time to my laptop to edit my youtube videos, now there are these unnecessary files to pick out first, or choose only video files with ctrl. thats just smart. Osmo Action 1 didn´t do these files and my life was more easy. And today's video got 5,23GB of these LFR files and it make my Sd much smaller because of that. If I wanna do my normal all day video I will need several Sd card for that.
LFR File Error.png
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_VZUKN7tilZeV
New

United States

MDT-DJI Posted at 12-17 03:42
How I can turn off these LFR files?? I just bought Action 3 and I transfer files every time to my laptop to edit my youtube videos, now there are these unnecessary files to pick out first, or choose only video files with ctrl. thats just smart. Osmo Action 1 didn´t do these files and my life was more easy. And today's video got 5,23GB of these LFR files and it make my Sd much smaller because of that. If I wanna do my normal all day video I will need several Sd card for that.

I just used my camera for the first time and agree that it is annoying. I hope there is a better way.
2022-12-29
Use props
fanse3dc34d0
lvl.1
Greece

I just bought Mavic 3 and saw these files. As the others said, less space for my card, more push to the sd card while writing and propably bigger temperature as two files everytime are writing to the card. Please add the option to disable them in next firmware!
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse3dc34d0 Posted at 2-19 10:32
I just bought Mavic 3 and saw these files. As the others said, less space for my card, more push to the sd card while writing and propably bigger temperature as two files everytime are writing to the card. Please add the option to disable them in next firmware!

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There is currently no option to turn off it as this file is important to the video playback experience. But we hear you, and the other users' requests. We will continue to cascade your voices to the designated team for attention. Please stay tuned to our DJI website for any relevant updates. Have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_J9SKt9nXRHCU
New
Poland

Hi, Today is 21 Feb 2023 , I have just bought new Action 3 in Poland. I performed an actualisation of firmware. After all, Unfortunately three is still no option to disable LRF files. When I delete LFR files from my sd card manually using my pc then there is no playback on camera but this is fine for me (At least I save a space). Please add some option to remove manually LRF files  in Action 3 or get rid of them in different way to save a space on sd card.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_J9SKt9nXRHCU Posted at 2-21 01:35
Hi, Today is 21 Feb 2023 , I have just bought new Action 3 in Poland. I performed an actualisation of firmware. After all, Unfortunately three is still no option to disable LRF files. When I delete LFR files from my sd card manually using my pc then there is no playback on camera but this is fine for me (At least I save a space). Please add some option to remove manually LRF files  in Action 3 or get rid of them in different way to save a space on sd card.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There is currently no option to close the LRF file generating, but the LRF file can be deleted manually. And yes, when deleted, the playback function will not be supported on the Osmo Action 3. We appreciate the added feedback. We will forward them to the designated team for attention together with the previous suggestions. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-2-21
Use props
deztiny
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 21:15
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. There is currently no option to close the LRF file generating, but the LRF file can be deleted manually. And yes, when deleted, the playback function will not be supported on the Osmo Action 3. We appreciate the added feedback. We will forward them to the designated team for attention together with the previous suggestions. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your continued support!

It would be a really great feature if it would be possible to simply switch off the LRF files via the cameras option menu for people who are not using playback on the camera or transfer to cellphone/tablet. Like me, I am recording long session and then copy them to my PC to edit them and then delete the original files.
There are two big advantages when deactivating LRF files:
1. more usable storage on the microSD card
2. battery lasts longer meaning longer recording time! low resolution LRF a) have to be computed/generated b) have to be written to microSD card simultaniously. My guess regardig recording time with one battery would be an increase of about 20 to 25%? Thats would be really a lot! And it would even be for "free" for people who (as described above) simply don't need the LRF files.
So I guess for a lot of users that would be an awesome feature!
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

deztiny Posted at 3-9 01:08
It would be a really great feature if it would be possible to simply switch off the LRF files via the cameras option menu for people who are not using playback on the camera or transfer to cellphone/tablet. Like me, I am recording long session and then copy them to my PC to edit them and then delete the original files.
There are two big advantages when deactivating LRF files:
1. more usable storage on the microSD card

Hi, deztiny. This is such a helpful and valuable suggestion. We will continue to communicate this request to the designated team and we hope that this will be implemented in the future. We appreciate you sharing this feedback. Have a nice day.
2023-3-10
Use props
wang439
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 23:38
Hi, deztiny. This is such a helpful and valuable suggestion. We will continue to communicate this request to the designated team and we hope that this will be implemented in the future. We appreciate you sharing this feedback. Have a nice day.

I use Pocket for my long hikes that are usually 6-12 hours non-stop. So both battery life and storage efficiency is very important to me. But thanks to this annoying feature I have carry extra battery bank and SD cards. Simply because LRF is useful sometimes does not mean it shouldn't be turn off. Please make it possible to switch it off!
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wang439 Posted at 3-25 18:44
I use Pocket for my long hikes that are usually 6-12 hours non-stop. So both battery life and storage efficiency is very important to me. But thanks to this annoying feature I have carry extra battery bank and SD cards. Simply because LRF is useful sometimes does not mean it shouldn't be turn off. Please make it possible to switch it off!

Thanks for the added feedback. Rest assured that your voices reaches the related department. We hope this will be considered and implemented in the next firmware update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-3-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules