1828 16 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Live My Journey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have recently tested the new 2.7K mode along with 60 ferames per second and noticed two things. Image does not appear to have any noise reduction and it's quite grainy (that I can live with) but also the horizon line is M shaped and it's almost impossible to fix in post production. Can you please pass this along to the engineering team for future updste?
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2021-1-7
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 21:17
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Thanks a lot.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. .
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I did not notice the grain of the image in 2.7k. Remember that the aperture is fixed at 2.8, so in low light you should choose a lower fps to extend the exposure time of the pixel. As for the letter M of the horizon, it is the effect of the lens distortion correction algorithm. It is a weak fact, but it is.
2021-1-12
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 1-12 00:32
I did not notice the grain of the image in 2.7k. Remember that the aperture is fixed at 2.8, so in low light you should choose a lower fps to extend the exposure time of the pixel. As for the letter M of the horizon, it is the effect of the lens distortion correction algorithm. It is a weak fact, but it is.

The grain seen on the 2.7K 60 may be an effect of pixel binning. Actually the lack of the lense correction in this mode suggest to me that possibly that mode was added hastily and the forgot to turn on both the noise reduction and the lense correction.
It's not hard to compare the same shot taken in 4K30 mode and 2.7K60 to see the difference of misshapen horizon line in the latter and the added grain. I have tested mini 2 quite extensively and know what to expect.
I wouldn't expect to see horizon line crooked if all the other modes have a straight one. Even filming in low ligh I can see how much noise reduction is applied in camera so I know what I saw in 2.7K is not normal.
2021-1-12
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I played around in an empty office yesterday with 2.7k60 and, yes, I concur that the output is definitely subpar when viewed on a proper screen. Hopefully it can be fixed, or if not fixed then documented as a consequence of the 60fps mode.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

I am sending three frames of the movie while moving. The first while turning the drone, the second while flying straight at 10m / s. The first two are in post-production. Their parameters are 2.7K 60fps and 35kbps. Only the latter shows the M distortion. Now I only have this. The last frame is the original file from the card when the drone is moving from top to bottom. 2.7K 60fps, 80 kbps. Is it very bad?
2021-1-12
Use props
Live My Journey
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't see it on the furs picture but on the second it's very clear to see. In 4K horizon is a straight line unlike what I see on this picture. I have to say that it is a bit more pronounced on my clips. The third one it is hard to see it without the horizon and too many lines. I have first noticed that something was amiss when looking a isometric shot of a cliff whil flying backwards. I could clearly see a parts of the picture bend as if the middle of the image was corrected as well as the outer parts of the image but something out of the ordinary was happening in between.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Poland

A little later, I will add the original files of the first two photos. Unfortunately, I do not have photos of the horizon line in a stable shot, only while the drone is moving, and this can cause an increased problem. Show what it looks like in your screenshots.
2021-1-12
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

Eeeexactly what i discovered on my Mavic Air and now on Mini 2 too!!
I use 2.7k/50p mode, and video distorsion looks ugly when yawing with the drone. I cannot make a simple panning..
But if i set to 25p or 1080/50p or 4k mode, everything is fine!
I think its because 2.7k/50 and 60p mode uses a little smaller sensor area, smaller field of view and DJI only one distorsion correction algorithm in every video mode.

Can you confirm this Stephen?

If yes, please fix it in next firmware because 2.7/50p mode is my favourite!!
2021-5-7
Use props
tlkh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51749 ft
Singapore

I have discovered this issue as well with a brand new Mini 2, no filters etc, where the 2.7K60 has a clear distortion effect and more noise.

Links to view the videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tMLdT42-by9iHRPK2XBx-PrcoK_hTuuI?usp=sharing

Not sure if this thread will continue to get DJI's attention. If not, I'm hoping I can start a new thread to address this issue. At bare minimum, I believe there should be an official note/warning on the issues related to 2.7K60. It is hard to see on the smartphone preview screen while recording, so it came as a shock when I viewed it on a computer monitor later on.
(I did a follow up test with 1080p60, it does not have the same issues as 2.7K60)
2022-6-26
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Look for a thread with image distortion test plots. They didn't fix it and won't fix it, possibly due to the need for computing power and insufficient cooling. Marketing considerations may also be the reason.
2022-6-26
Use props
tlkh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51749 ft
Singapore

That's pretty disappointing... hope DJI can acknowledge this issue at least!

So in case anybody runs into the same issue: 1080p60 actually looks better overall compared to 2.7K60.
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_BurU0sYdDecO
lvl.1

Italy

Dji mini3 (not Pro)
Same problem Whit the 2.7k.
I think Is a bad codec..

If i use 1080 or 4 the image Is perfect.
Whit the 2.7k 60 or 50 (the 2 framerate tested by me) are many noise!

You can see this problem Whit a 4k screen TV and sharpening in High value.

Please update this codec!
IMG_20230328_205217_396.jpg
2023-3-28
Use props
wp_mini2_eu
lvl.1
Poland

We have the last days of April 2023, users report further the same error with camera anomalies at 2.7K50 resolution ( and others at 2.7K also) . And we still don't have any fixes! In addition, the service center itself replaced the camera with a new one and the same problems continue!
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wp_mini2_eu Posted at 4-26 04:51
We have the last days of April 2023, users report further the same error with camera anomalies at 2.7K50 resolution ( and others at 2.7K also) . And we still don't have any fixes! In addition, the service center itself replaced the camera with a new one and the same problems continue!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. And we have sent you a PM to confirm more details with you, could you please check it? Thanks in advance.
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules