Question for dji dave or anyone else that can help
828 9 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, please could you help me with this small problem..
When I first got my phantom I could record my video and it would play on my phone when using the dji app.
Now when I do one it keeps saying video cannot be played. I do stop recording before I turn off the phantom.  
I now have to put the sd card into the laptop.
Any ideas please?
Many thanks
Clive
2015-7-3
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

I think you need to have the PH on while you are trying to view through the app.
2015-7-3
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeah it's always on, you can transfer the video from the app to your phone but it shows no video. It's on the sd card tho as I always find it when using the laptop
2015-7-3
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, it should let you look at your files on both the SD card and the ones that have been transferred to the phone. What kind of phone is it? Somebody with that type of phone might be able to help. The files work when you transfer them to your PC?

Barney
2015-7-3
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've got a Samsung galaxy alpha, like I said it worked a treat when I first got the drone. Still using the same phone etc. Yes the file works fine from pc. It's strange and very annoying ha
2015-7-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I have an S3 and I cant play videos from the quad even if I put the SD card straight into the phone, someone mentioned that if you record in 1080Pi then it wont play but if you lower the video aspect to say 760 etc then it may work.

I just use the laptop as the quality is better
2015-7-4
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So sorry, didn't get a notification you'd left a reply. Come to think of it I think I did mess with the settings before I had  the trouble. I will investigate and let you know. Many thanks
2015-7-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Hi Clive,
I think it has something to do with your phone. I do not have any experience with Samsung Galaxy Alpha. I use iPhone6+ or iPad mini, usually the iPad mini. Check your settings, make sure nothing weird is running in the backgroud and do a hard shut down of the phone.

If that does not work maybe it is the DJI app. You could uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

2015-7-12
Use props
Numpty clive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-12 16:37
Hi Clive,
I think it has something to do with your phone. I do not have any experience with Samsung  ...

It's exactly what crash1sttime said. Changed the camera settings from 1080i 60 down to 1080 15 and it's working fine again now. Guess the phone just couldn't handle true hd.

Many thanks to all that helped
Love this forum
2015-7-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Good to hear all is well now.
2015-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now