What is everyone’s opinion of Mavic air2?
845 39 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJWacko
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126729 ft
Australia

Just about to upgrade from the mini, sounds like there is some battery issues. Is there any other problems with the air 2?
2021-1-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What battery issues? Did I miss something? No problems here.

I have 2 Mini's , 1 Mini-2 and two MA2's. I love the MA2. Best performance overall, because I am not that interested in portability. I wish the MA2 was a bit better at active tracing from the side but then it has no side sensors, so maybe that is by design. I can usually just "nudge" it along a bit with the controller to keep it alongside the target while active tracking though. Love the BOOH speed ;-) Precision RTH landing works almost every time. Just be ready if it misses.

Edit: Oh... I guess you mean the "melting" batteries problem. No problems yet with my 3, but they do get very warm in that area.

2021-1-7
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-7 20:38
What battery issues? Did I miss something? No problems here.

I have 2 Mini's , 1 Mini-2 and two MA2's. I love the MA2. Best performance overall, because I am not that interested in portability. I wish the MA2 was a bit better at active tracing from the side but then it has no side sensors, so maybe that is by design. I can usually just "nudge" it along a bit with the controller to keep it alongside the target while active tracking though. Love the BOOH speed ;-) Precision RTH landing works almost every time. Just be ready if it misses.

Hi Gary , I was just reading that a few people are having trouble charging the batteries for the first time . Looking forward to getting mine ,definitely an upgrade from the mini . Although it will still come in handy at times.
2021-1-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJWacko. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 can give out there recommendation with regards to this said DJI Drone. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can see the overview, specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-1-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Happy landings with your MA2!

I had never had any erorrs whatsoever on my MA2, so simply fly and enjoy

cheers
JJB

2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure what the rules are in Australia but it might be worth checking that they aren't about to change,  in the EU drone now falls into a legacy category.  Odds are you'll be fine, but might be worth checking.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

JJB* Posted at 1-8 01:39
Happy landings with your MA2!

I had never had any erorrs whatsoever on my MA2, so simply fly and enjoy

Thank you , I’m sure I will enjoy . Cheers
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 22:14
Hello there DJWacko. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 can give out there recommendation with regards to this said DJI Drone. In addition I will post a DJI link where in you can see the overview, specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thanks for your reply , I have my new Mavic Air 2 sitting on the kitchen table and can’t wait to fly . I have to purchase the care refresh tomorrow before I start it up .
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-7 21:58
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214934&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D757%26typeid%3D757

Cheers
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:52
Not sure what the rules are in Australia but it might be worth checking that they aren't about to change,  in the EU drone now falls into a legacy category.  Odds are you'll be fine, but might be worth checking.

Yes we are fine here as long as you are not flying within 5 1/2 klms from a major airport with a tower. I’m sure with the amount of drones being sold here and some of the clueless operators that purchased them ,things will change in the future.
2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 03:17
Yes we are fine here as long as you are not flying within 5 1/2 klms from a major airport with a tower. I’m sure with the amount of drones being sold here and some of the clueless operators that purchased them ,things will change in the future.

Thats good,  new rules came in in Europe from the 1st that wont allow you to fly within 150m of anything with anything above 250 grams.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 03:24
Thats good,  new rules came in in Europe from the 1st that wont allow you to fly within 150m of anything with anything above 250 grams.

Wow that’s harsh , how do you get around that?
2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 03:32
Wow that’s harsh , how do you get around that?

You can do an exam which will reduce the distance for a couple of years or buy a new drone thats classified by the EU (which aren't available yet) or go to the sub 250g drones.
2021-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the 3 batteries that came with the combo and bought 2 more and have had no issues.  They do get a bit warm.  Have fun with your MA2.  It's a huge upgrade over the Mini.
2021-1-8
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 04:55
I have the 3 batteries that came with the combo and bought 2 more and have had no issues.  They do get a bit warm.  Have fun with your MA2.  It's a huge upgrade over the Mini.

I don't like the MA2 just because I love it

It's a great drone, i really enjoy flying with it.
2021-1-8
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

It's an amazing drone, maybe nearly perfect, if you get a good one.

Mine had the gimbal bounce problem and I had to return it.  A friend got one a few days ago and his had the gimbal bounce problem and swollen batteries.  I bought mine from Costco and he bought his MA2 from Bestbuy.  Seems like QC is going down.

I'm still on the fence on whether or not to risk buying another.  Maybe I'll wait for the Mavic 3 or Mair Air 3.
2021-1-8
Use props
Seattle_Scott
lvl.2
United States

Best purchase I've made in a long time. It's a great value for the money, well built, and it appears well supported.
2021-1-8
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 2 is an incredible drone.  Speed, power, range and stability.  The way I equate the Mavic lineup is Mini/2 economy, Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom sedan and the Mavic Air 2 is a the sports car.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 04:55

Thanks I’m sure I’ll get lots of enjoyment out of it . It’s been raining here for 2 days straight so might have to wait a while.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

The Duck Posted at 1-8 06:08
It's an amazing drone, maybe nearly perfect, if you get a good one.

Mine had the gimbal bounce problem and I had to return it.  A friend got one a few days ago and his had the gimbal bounce problem and swollen batteries.  I bought mine from Costco and he bought his MA2 from Bestbuy.  Seems like QC is going down.

What’s the go with the gimbal bouncing? I got mine from Harvey Norman,(large electrical appliance store) over here . I bought a product care policy which takes the warranty out to 3 years . If anything goes wrong with it ,except for a crash they give me a brand new one ,no questions asked. Plus I have to get the care refresh off DJI.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

Seattle_Scott Posted at 1-8 08:51
Best purchase I've made in a long time. It's a great value for the money, well built, and it appears well supported.

Cool , great to here the positive feedback.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-8 09:38
The Mavic Air 2 is an incredible drone.  Speed, power, range and stability.  The way I equate the Mavic lineup is Mini/2 economy, Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom sedan and the Mavic Air 2 is a the sports car.

Haha sounds perfect. Cheers.
2021-1-8
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 03:49
You can do an exam which will reduce the distance for a couple of years or buy a new drone thats classified by the EU (which aren't available yet) or go to the sub 250g drones.

Ok so the exam sounds like the way to go , bit of a step backwards having to go to a mini, even though they are a great drone but no comparison to the Air 2.
2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 14:17
Ok so the exam sounds like the way to go , bit of a step backwards having to go to a mini, even though they are a great drone but no comparison to the Air 2.

Cheaper to buy a new drone than the exam and it only lasts two years and then you'd still need a new drone.
2021-1-9
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 01:00
Cheaper to buy a new drone than the exam and it only lasts two years and then you'd still need a new drone.

That’s not good then , im sure in time that it will be the same over here as there are so many irresponsible drone operators that spoil it for everyone.
2021-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJWacko Posted at 1-9 02:13
That’s not good then , im sure in time that it will be the same over here as there are so many irresponsible drone operators that spoil it for everyone.

Its weird, mostly it seems like people hate drones, but with one exception everyone Ive met when out flying have been quite interested in them.
2021-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CTT Channel Posted at 1-8 05:01
I don't like the MA2 just because I love it

It's a great drone, i really enjoy flying with it.

2021-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 14:05
Thanks I’m sure I’ll get lots of enjoyment out of it . It’s been raining here for 2 days straight so might have to wait a while.

Mother nature doesn't always cooperate with good flying weather buy I'm sure you'll get flying soon.  
2021-1-9
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 14:13
What’s the go with the gimbal bouncing? I got mine from Harvey Norman,(large electrical appliance store) over here . I bought a product care policy which takes the warranty out to 3 years . If anything goes wrong with it ,except for a crash they give me a brand new one ,no questions asked. Plus I have to get the care refresh off DJI.

Some unlucky owners have had problems with their MA2s' gimbals bouncing during flight.  Perhaps it is a quality control problem.  My hypothesis is that the grease used in the gimbal is of the wrong viscosity and the motor cannot move easily, especially in colder weather.

There are plenty of examples here, on other forums, and on Youtube.  Here's mine and others:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231429

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229149

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230432

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229985

That said, I will buy another MA2 soon or in a month because it is such a great drone.
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DJWacko Posted at 1-8 03:09
Thanks for your reply , I have my new Mavic Air 2 sitting on the kitchen table and can’t wait to fly . I have to purchase the care refresh tomorrow before I start it up .

Hi there DJWacko. You are very much welcome and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-1-11
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 21:34
Hi there DJWacko. You are very much welcome and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Thanks Stephen , I clicked the wrong button on friend request. Oops, it would be great to be friends.
2021-1-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The "battery issues" had to do with purchasers not following the directions.  Charging with the supplied charger, one at a time, (not a multi charger) resolved any "issues".  A few searches on this forum will reveal this to the the only issue of significant credibility
2021-1-12
Use props
David Shaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 488428 ft
United States

In my opinion it’s an awesome drone with excellent video and even more excellent photos. One thing to watch out for though is if you have a computer that is even slightly out dated you will not be able to use H.265 (required for anything above 30fps in 2.7k or 4K).
2021-1-12
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

David Shaw Posted at 1-12 14:07
In my opinion it’s an awesome drone with excellent video and even more excellent photos. One thing to watch out for though is if you have a computer that is even slightly out dated you will not be able to use H.265 (required for anything above 30fps in 2.7k or 4K).

I guess I’m out of luck there , my MacBook Air is 7 years old , might be upgrade time. I’m a bit over Apple any way.
2021-1-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJWacko Posted at 1-12 15:10
I guess I’m out of luck there , my MacBook Air is 7 years old , might be upgrade time. I’m a bit over Apple any way.

I use an Asus Z8s Zenpad tablet, which only cost me about $90 on eBay used. Be careful selecting a device. Some newer ones are not compatible either. I would recommend buying one that comes with a free return policy.

2021-1-12
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-12 15:17
I use an Asus Z8s Zenpad tablet, which only cost me about $90 on eBay used. Be careful selecting a device. Some newer ones are not compatible either. I would recommend buying one that comes with a free return policy.

Thanks Gary I will definitely keep that in mind when looking for a new computer. I’m only new to editing so I need all the advice I can get . Cheers.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

I have had my air 2 for 2 months now with around 50 flights so far.Have the fly more combo,no problems with anything so far.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJWacko
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r Posted at 1-12 20:31
I have had my air 2 for 2 months now with around 50 flights so far.Have the fly more combo,no problems with anything so far.

Fifty flights in 2 months , that’s epic. Well done , still yet to get mine in the air. Only had it for a few days though.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DJWacko Posted at 1-12 01:21
Thanks Stephen , I clicked the wrong button on friend request. Oops, it would be great to be friends.

Hi there DJWacko. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying. .
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules