DRONIQ: The new app for flight restricted zones in Germany
3202 13 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Now it is not only the new EU drone regulations.
It is even more worse.
As i checked the new app for flight restriction zones (Droniq) from the German aviation authorities, i was shocked how heavily the restricted areas have been extended.
The most areas i was usually flying or interested in, it is now even not allowed to fly the Mini 2 nor with the big expensiv remote pilot license.

At the end of our property there is a very small creek ,  with 1,5m width and 60cm depth and the most worse thing i dicovered in the app, that there now is a small area of 10m along on each side which is a no fly zone, called "Nature Protection Area" which has never been anounced by the local authorities in our town.

And for the people who are interested in the app here is a video i found on youtube.

2021-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is probably what's going to happen to most of the EU.  Very sad but it does appear the authorities dont want people flying drones.
2021-1-10
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

It's getting worse and worse, we're all going to be out of the law here can.
In my city it's also very, very restrictive
Screenshot_20210110_100740.jpg
2021-1-10
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

In our country the map stays the same as it used to be. Restricted are mainly big city centers, airports and the most protected parts of national parks. We'll see if it's gonna change...

MySky: About that creek, isn't it some misinterpretation in digital maps?
2021-1-10
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-10 01:48
In our country the map stays the same as it used to be. Restricted are mainly big city centers, airports and the most protected parts of national parks. We'll see if it's gonna change...

MySky: About that creek, isn't it some misinterpretation in digital maps?

Sure it might be a mistake in the map, but if the officials like police or people from the neigborhood just having a look at this official map, could cause a lot of unwanted trouble, because of if they do not know better.
And discussing and trying to convince with such people does not make sence and is a waste of time, because they are mostly stubborn and want to rely on the official map just to get the drone out of the airspace.
2021-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 00:48
This is probably what's going to happen to most of the EU.  Very sad but it does appear the authorities dont want people flying drones.

My sense is they are trying to ground recreational flying so they can expand use of commercial drones being used for delivery by the likes of Amazon, etc.   It's a real shame that this is happening and I think this is only the beginning of the end for recreational flyers.
2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 08:37
My sense is they are trying to ground recreational flying so they can expand use of commercial drones being used for delivery by the likes of Amazon, etc.   It's a real shame that this is happening and I think this is only the beginning of the end for recreational flyers.

Did you see the CEO of Skydio is now on the FAA advisory board?  I wonder if that might make a difference.
2021-1-10
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 08:37
My sense is they are trying to ground recreational flying so they can expand use of commercial drones being used for delivery by the likes of Amazon, etc.   It's a real shame that this is happening and I think this is only the beginning of the end for recreational flyers.

Same sense on my side.
There have been a lot of comercial usage ideas spreaded around by several companies for more than 5 years now but nearly all of them have been canceled due the air safety issues depanding on GPS accuracy  and the lack of accurate anti collision and automatic air traffic information systems.
In Germany they had the idea some years ago, to build a mid level zone for those drones: up to 100 m private and recreational, 150-250m commercial and above all manned aircrafts, if i am remember right the hights.
But according to the issues above plus the low flight times possible with the current battery technologies, which have not been solve yet, they cancled the thoughts about it.

2021-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting stuff!
2021-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 08:42
Did you see the CEO of Skydio is now on the FAA advisory board?  I wonder if that might make a difference.

It should.  However, his company has a huge contract to provide drones to two commercial delivery companies.  So I guess only time will tell.  
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 07:40
It should.  However, his company has a huge contract to provide drones to two commercial delivery companies.  So I guess only time will tell.

Darn,  I didnt know that,   could be a conflict of interest there.  
2021-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 07:41
Darn,  I didnt know that,   could be a conflict of interest there.

Hopefully, he will look out for both recreational and commercial flyers.  At this time the bulk of his sales are to recreational flyers.
2021-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 07:26
Hopefully, he will look out for both recreational and commercial flyers.  At this time the bulk of his sales are to recreational flyers.

All I can do is cross my fingers.....
2021-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 09:27
All I can do is cross my fingers.....

You're absolutely right.  We are at the whim of our governments and those powerful lobbyists.  I try to keep up hope that recreational flying as we now know it will not change drastically in the near future.  If it does guess I'll use my free time to do more scuba diving.  So far there aren't too many strict restrictions on recreational diving.  
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules