Mini 2 - playback glitches
1092 7 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774534 ft
Colombia

Hi guys. I'm new to drones and to DJI. Been flying just for 3 days now.

I decided to test a few things today with my DJI Mini 2 and ended up filling my SD card. Regardless, i had a spare full battery and it was getting dark, so i still decided to fly just for fun.
Now, i had no memroy left so i couldn't confirm the glitch i'm going to describe was only on my video playback to my phone, or if it could in fact be seen on a recorded video or a photo.

Basically, it was around 18:00 hours so it was already getting dark. I was flaying with the sunlight coming from behind me and had a tree right in front of me and a patch of sky that was clearly over-exposed on the background. All of a sudden, in those over-exposed areas, the image glitched and i could see some greyish patchy zone. For a minute i thought it was the exposure warning thing but it was deactivated. I even tryed turning that on and off again, but the issue persisted.

Again, i couldn't test if it was only on my video playback or if it could be seen on video. But i'll use my amazing photo editing skills to do something kinda similar to waht i was seeing, on paint. Has anyone had a similar issue?  BTW: i do have the latest drone, controller and battery firmware. I double checked that as well.

Untitled.png
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BORRERO.MD. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the concern you're encountering so we suggest doing another quick test and verify if this would also affect the original files stored within the SD card. Kindly check also if your DJI Fly is updated. Looking forward to your response.
2021-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What was your ISO set at ?
2021-1-11
Use props
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Colombia

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 00:15
What was your ISO set at ?

Hard to tell. I had it set to auto. Anyway.... no issues like that one today. Perhaps it was only a signal issue or something. Weird though, cuz i was about 10 m away from its hover spot and the drone was only 30 m high
2021-1-11
Use props
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 23:36
Hi, BORRERO.MD. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the concern you're encountering so we suggest doing another quick test and verify if this would also affect the original files stored within the SD card. Kindly check also if your DJI Fly is updated. Looking forward to your response.

So far so good. I didn't have any issues today.
2021-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BORRERO.MD Posted at 1-11 17:38
Hard to tell. I had it set to auto. Anyway.... no issues like that one today. Perhaps it was only a signal issue or something. Weird though, cuz i was about 10 m away from its hover spot and the drone was only 30 m high

Seems rather high.
(because of the low light, auto exposure will do that)
Hope it was one time only!
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BORRERO.MD Posted at 1-11 17:38
So far so good. I didn't have any issues today.

Thanks for the update and glad that it was well working now.
2021-1-11
Use props
BORRERO.MD
lvl.2
Colombia

Hi. I just saw there's an issue that has been reported with 4k video, on the mini 2, showing some weird textures in the upper left part of the screen.

That's exactly were the issue presented that day (i know in the simulated image i made i placed it on the right, but that's because i didn't know the laterality could actually be important). It was an abnormal texture (greyish and pixalated) on an already over-exposed part of the sky in the upper left quadrant (not exactly the corner. I'd say if i divide that quadrant into thirds, it was by the middle third near the top of the image)

Is this issue some sort of bad thing? i mean, should i be worried? because i'm sure i have the latest firmware on everything and i had it uptodate that day with the firmware version that is supposed to have had that fixed
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules