6625 73 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscf314e5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25302 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am about to send off my Mini 2 for repairs. Repair center that was allocated to my case is in the Netherlands while I'm based in the UK.

Given the UK has left the EU with somewhat of a trade deal just recently, can you provide more guidance on what is exactly required, in terms of customs paperwork, when sending in a drone for repairs from the UK to the EU?

UPS shipping label is stating to complete customs declaration forms if the item is of commercial value. Is this required in this case?
The (only) advice from DJI is to write 'Defective Component - No commercial Value' on the invoice. What 'invoice' is this referring to? Does this mean I do not need any customs declarations to provide with the repair shipment?

Thank you,
Lukas

2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Lukas, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward your doubts to the related team to confirm and will keep you updated. Thanks.
2021-1-11
Use props
fanscf314e5c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you Natalia!
I got a new label with updated customs information.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanscf314e5c Posted at 1-12 01:55
Thank you Natalia!
I got a new label with updated customs information.

You're most welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2021-1-12
Use props
fansaa62ca16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263484 ft
United Kingdom

I had something similar this week. By which i mean my package with it's UPS/DJI supplied label was refused by the UPS courier because it had no invoice. Apparently this is due to us leaving the EU? So i guess i will need another label?!
2021-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansaa62ca16 Posted at 1-16 13:24
I had something similar this week. By which i mean my package with it's UPS/DJI supplied label was refused by the UPS courier because it had no invoice. Apparently this is due to us leaving the EU? So i guess i will need another label?!

I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 741&pid=2396765, thanks.
2021-1-16
Use props
Q_T26
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately I missed this post and it seems I am having the same issue. "No commercial invoice".. I have been in touch with ups twice and been told someone will be in touch in 24 hours.. still no response.
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Q_T26 Posted at 3-5 01:57
Unfortunately I missed this post and it seems I am having the same issue. "No commercial invoice".. I have been in touch with ups twice and been told someone will be in touch in 24 hours.. still no response.

Sorry for the late response. I have replied to your post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 755&pid=2436997, thanks.
2021-3-12
Use props
fans4bf29581
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, 4-5 months later, I got a surprise mail from UPS asking me to pay VAT, as well as disbursement fee, following the delivery of my serviced drone.
I cannot find any information of similar cases to save my life and thus do not know if VAT is even applicable to UK goods serviced overseas. However even assuming that is indeed the case, there are two issues with how DJI handled the case:
1. There was never any mention of potential additional charges in addition to the repair fee quoted.
2. The value that VAT was charged on was more than double the repair cost. As a result, I am now on the hook for more than additional 50% of the repair cost already paid to DJI.

I would really appreciate if you could clarify what went wrong in the repair process. As for anyone in the UK considering a DJI repair - add 50% to the quoted price from DJI if you want to gauge the real cost of sending you drone over to a DJI repair center.
2021-4-27
Use props
djiuser_BPeOec452A3H
New
United Kingdom

Having  problem sending drone back to the Netherlands from the UK do I need a commercial invoice or is writing defective component no commercial value on the invoice from the dji account (my case)
2021-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BPeOec452A3H Posted at 5-29 08:15
Having  problem sending drone back to the Netherlands from the UK do I need a commercial invoice or is writing defective component no commercial value on the invoice from the dji account (my case)

Hello there, I had replied to your on the other post, please check. Thank you.
2021-5-29
Use props
djiuser_lp2N311qtPKl
New
Flight distance : 9823 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, does anyone have any idea of a rough cost for this to be repaired on my mavic air 2? It's the arm that holds the camera/gimbal. I've just completed the online repair form and just waiting to get an email with a UPS label. Not sure how long I will be waiting for that to arrive in my emails

Thanks in advance for any help
2021-6-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_lp2N311qtPKl Posted at 6-8 09:34
Hi, does anyone have any idea of a rough cost for this to be repaired on my mavic air 2? It's the arm that holds the camera/gimbal. I've just completed the online repair form and just waiting to get an email with a UPS label. Not sure how long I will be waiting for that to arrive in my emails

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi there, as for the repair cost, the local team would need to make a damage assessment when we receive your drone and send you the quotation. But you can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
Normally, the shipping label will be sent within 48 working hours if the case is qualified for a free shipping label. I will ask the team to help with this soon.
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_lp2N311qtPKl
New
Flight distance : 9823 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 6-8 23:02
Hi there, as for the repair cost, the local team would need to make a damage assessment when we receive your drone and send you the quotation. But you can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
Normally, the shipping label will be sent within 48 working hours if the case is qualified for a free shipping label. I will ask the team to help with this soon.

Hi

I've received an email to say the label has already been sent to me with the commercial invoice. Is this sent out in the post to me or via email? I'm really confused. It also say I need to hand copies to the UPS access point. I'm guessing everything I need has been posted to me?
2021-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_lp2N311qtPKl Posted at 6-9 09:41
Hi

I've received an email to say the label has already been sent to me with the commercial invoice. Is this sent out in the post to me or via email? I'm really confused. It also say I need to hand copies to the UPS access point. I'm guessing everything I need has been posted to me?

Hi, the shipping label was sent via email to you. It was through UPS's email address.
You may check if you received the email, check the spam box as well.
Then you need to print the label as well as the commercial invoice and paste it on the package and take it to the UPS drop-off location.
2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_QQuIETTYz6uu
New
Flight distance : 192031 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-11 22:20
Hi Lukas, I'm sorry to hear about your confusion. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward your doubts to the related team to confirm and will keep you updated. Thanks.

Hi there I’m having the exact same problem myself , would you be able to help me out ?
2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_QQuIETTYz6uu Posted at 9-4 03:14
Hi there I’m having the exact same problem myself , would you be able to help me out ?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have checked your case and will forward your case to our designated team. Once there is any update, we will inform you as soon as possible.  
2021-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_QQuIETTYz6uu Posted at 9-4 03:14

Hello, there. We have confirmed with our designated team that we have sent the Commercial Invoice before, which is enclosed with Shipping Label. Could you please check the Shipping Label again? Apart from that, we will also send a new SL to you through email. You may use the new one if you can not find the previous one. CI and SL are arranged in the same file. Please pay attention to your inbox and garbage.
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-5
Use props
djiuser_tIvLgZLb5pLx
New
Flight distance : 132897 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Support, I’ve prepared my drone to send to the Netherlands for a Care refresh repair - can you please clarify or provide the necessary customs forms I need to send this from the UK to Holland please? Can you also please confirm whether I am liable for customs fees and how much this will total to? Seems a bit disappointing that there are additional hidden costs to the repair programme for being a UK resident…
2022-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_tIvLgZLb5pLx Posted at 1-18 03:06
Hi DJI Support, I’ve prepared my drone to send to the Netherlands for a Care refresh repair - can you please clarify or provide the necessary customs forms I need to send this from the UK to Holland please? Can you also please confirm whether I am liable for customs fees and how much this will total to? Seems a bit disappointing that there are additional hidden costs to the repair programme for being a UK resident…

Hi there, we had sent you a shipping label for sending the unit back, it includes the clearance materials. Please follow the guidelines and paste the invoice on the package.
Regarding your concerns about the customs fee, I will send you additional information via PM, please check it later.
2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW
New
Flight distance : 42904 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 05:30
Hi there, we had sent you a shipping label for sending the unit back, it includes the clearance materials. Please follow the guidelines and paste the invoice on the package.
Regarding your concerns about the customs fee, I will send you additional information via PM, please check it later.

Hi,  I'm trying to send my Mini 2 from the UK to the Netherlands for repair.   I have received an email regarding a commercial invoice but the product description and value don't seem to match a mini 2.   What should I put on the commercial invoice?   Can DJI send me a completed invoice to attach?  Also,  I have not received any shipping label, just the email about the invoice.  There is nothing in my junk mail.  What should I do?
Thanks
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW Posted at 1-25 13:36
Hi,  I'm trying to send my Mini 2 from the UK to the Netherlands for repair.   I have received an email regarding a commercial invoice but the product description and value don't seem to match a mini 2.   What should I put on the commercial invoice?   Can DJI send me a completed invoice to attach?  Also,  I have not received any shipping label, just the email about the invoice.  There is nothing in my junk mail.  What should I do?
Thanks

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Could you tell me the case number and email address so that we could check what happened? Looking forward to your reply, we'd like to help you.
2022-1-26
Use props
djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW
New
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-26 01:16
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Could you tell me the case number and email address so that we could check what happened? Looking forward to your reply, we'd like to help you.

I have now received the shipping label and commercial invoice.   The invoice has a value of 359EURO.   When I login to my account and go to the case details there is note at the bottom that suggests the value should be zero.   Copied from my Case page - ""3. If you are in a non-EU country, you need to write "Defective Component - No Commercial Value" on the invoice and send the invoice with your products.""  Which is correct?
Will I be charged VAT and duty when the replacement is sent?  
Case number CAS-8195885-K9S1R4

Thanks,
Neil
2022-1-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW Posted at 1-26 06:20
I have now received the shipping label and commercial invoice.   The invoice has a value of 359EURO.   When I login to my account and go to the case details there is note at the bottom that suggests the value should be zero.   Copied from my Case page - ""3. If you are in a non-EU country, you need to write "Defective Component - No Commercial Value" on the invoice and send the invoice with your products.""  Which is correct?
Will I be charged VAT and duty when the replacement is sent?  
Case number CAS-8195885-K9S1R4

Hi there, thank you for your update, please send the drone back accordingly. Regarding the VAT inquiry, I had sent you a PM, please check.
2022-1-26
Use props
djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-26 23:15
Hi there, thank you for your update, please send the drone back accordingly. Regarding the VAT inquiry, I had sent you a PM, please check.

I have replied to your PM as it does not answer my first question.
Thanks,
Neil
2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_6HbQvu0JTWwW Posted at 1-27 00:09
I have replied to your PM as it does not answer my first question.
Thanks,
Neil

Sorry for overlooking it, I had replied to you in the message. Thank you.
2022-1-27
Use props
djiuser_BmcD4C6RH11f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2021-1-11 22:20

hi
i also am very confused to this non commercial invoice . can this be sent to me
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_BmcD4C6RH11f Posted at 5-9 06:27
hi
i also am very confused to this non commercial invoice . can this be sent to me

Hi there, we noticed that our team is following up on your case and has replied to your email. May I ask did you receive that email? Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-5-9
Use props
djiuser_uC9pWcFoFVSg
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I’m trying to send a mini 2 for repair from the UK. UPS are asking for the label to be in a shipping pouch. Do the invoices go in the pouch too?

Thanks.
2022-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_uC9pWcFoFVSg Posted at 7-28 04:52
Hi,

I’m trying to send a mini 2 for repair from the UK. UPS are asking for the label to be in a shipping pouch. Do the invoices go in the pouch too?

Thanks for your inquiry. The commercial invoice is included in the Shipping Label. We also send an email notification to you. Please check.
2022-7-28
Use props
djiuser_fZfq6Rm3AtTM
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I'm also sending back my drone for evaluation and repairs but I'm not entirely sure what I need to send with it. I opened a case bit not received any label or anything. Do I have to make my own and what do I write on it?

To clarify I'm sending my drone from the UK to the Netherlands.

Thanks!
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_fZfq6Rm3AtTM Posted at 8-10 08:13
Hi there, I'm also sending back my drone for evaluation and repairs but I'm not entirely sure what I need to send with it. I opened a case bit not received any label or anything. Do I have to make my own and what do I write on it?

To clarify I'm sending my drone from the UK to the Netherlands.

Hi, there. You will receive an Email within 48 hours and you can check the details of this email.
Besides, you can also send us your case number so that we can follow your case better.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_fZfq6Rm3AtTM
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-10 17:28
Hi, there. You will receive an Email within 48 hours and you can check the details of this email.
Besides, you can also send us your case number so that we can follow your case better.
No email explaining what I need to do in order to send it from the UK to the Netherlands repair center. Here is my case number.

Cheers.
Screenshot_20220808-175541~2.png
2022-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_fZfq6Rm3AtTM Posted at 8-12 08:37
No email explaining what I need to do in order to send it from the UK to the Netherlands repair center. Here is my case number.

Cheers.

Hi, we are sorry that you may need to send the drone on your own. If it is the IMU issue, and there is no issue with the battery, controller, and other accessories, you can send the aircraft in only. If you would love to have a check with your battery and controller, you can also send them in.
Please note to remove the SD card and do not send your personal items back. Hope this is informative for you.
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_fZfq6Rm3AtTM
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-12 17:52
Hi, we are sorry that you may need to send the drone on your own. If it is the IMU issue, and there is no issue with the battery, controller, and other accessories, you can send the aircraft in only. If you would love to have a check with your battery and controller, you can also send them in.
Please note to remove the SD card and do not send your personal items back. Hope this is informative for you.

Hi yes that's great but as I'm sending from the UK to the Netherlands do I need to just write the address on the label or do I need to put the no commercial value thing on there too?
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_hDqAuZcal62q
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 05:30
Hi there, we had sent you a shipping label for sending the unit back, it includes the clearance materials. Please follow the guidelines and paste the invoice on the package.

I am
Also sending my drone back from England to Netherlands and DJI states on the care protection program that they cover shipping costs so are there any additional fees ?
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_hDqAuZcal62q Posted at 9-14 10:36
I am
Also sending my drone back from England to Netherlands and DJI states on the care protection program that they cover shipping costs so are there any additional fees ?

Hi there, if you choose to use DJI Care Refresh service, you just need to pay the DJI Care replacement fee, there are no additional fees.
2022-9-14
Use props
Steven Parker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hHi. I also have to send my drone to holland for repair from the UK. My mini 2 was purchased second hand with minimal use and after firmware update developed Gimbal Calibration Error! i have raised a repair for the drone as all avenues suggested by the online team previously, did not rectify the fault. As the drone was not initially purchased by myself, but is now registered to me ( thanks to the staff who contacted the previous owner so i could bind it to me), and having no purchase invoice, what is the procedure for sending the item in? i see i have to write Defective component- no commercial value on the invoice/ label, but i am unsure of the relative information needed to succesfully send and receive the repair without incurring import/export duty for the drone. Could you please contact me on the correct process for a non refresh care repair. Many thanks in advance
2022-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Steven Parker Posted at 11-8 16:09
hHi. I also have to send my drone to holland for repair from the UK. My mini 2 was purchased second hand with minimal use and after firmware update developed Gimbal Calibration Error! i have raised a repair for the drone as all avenues suggested by the online team previously, did not rectify the fault. As the drone was not initially purchased by myself, but is now registered to me ( thanks to the staff who contacted the previous owner so i could bind it to me), and having no purchase invoice, what is the procedure for sending the item in? i see i have to write Defective component- no commercial value on the invoice/ label, but i am unsure of the relative information needed to succesfully send and receive the repair without incurring import/export duty for the drone. Could you please contact me on the correct process for a non refresh care repair. Many thanks in advance

Hi, there.
You can start a repair case via this link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
And then you will receive emails of detailed information in each repair steps.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know as well.
Thank you.
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_O4tcSfTyceDi
New
Flight distance : 26204 ft
United Kingdom

Edit: checked label again - invoice is there! Sorry!
2022-12-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules