Poor support from DJI re: Mini 2
1470 6 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TorontoSy
lvl.1

Canada

Hello all,

A few responses from DJI on github forums show that they are not really interested in an SDK for the DJI Mini 2:
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/668#issuecomment-725814048

Can someone from DJI confirm that this is the case?  If so, I will be returning my DJI Mini 2 immediately.
Downgrading your own apps to have unncessary limitations like no follow mode, waypoints, etc. already reflects the poor integrity of the DJI company,
but not releasing the SDK so others cannot attempt to fix your problem is too far.

Users of DJI Mini 2 please share your thoughts also,

Thanks
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi TorontoSy, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have not heard specific information about the SDK for the DJI Mini 2 at present, I'll forward your request to the corresponding team. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The SDKs these days tend to lag a product launch for a good few months so its a bit early to tell.
2021-1-12
Use props
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

What's SDK?
2021-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can use it to write your own software that controls the drone .
Software development kit.
2021-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sometimes it takes a year before a new product is added.
Not sure why they give it that low prio.
2021-1-15
Use props
fans0a35a463
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

After previously owning 5 other DJI drones I recently purchased the new Mini 2.  All of these UAVs worked very nicely with the Litchi app and I was hoping that this new Mini 2 would someday soon be included also.  However, now I hear rumors that DJI will not be releasing the SDK to make this happen.  Come on DJI, I could even fly my Spark with Litchi so what's the problem???  My last drone was Autel EVO and I sold it because it did not support Litchi and I never thought this would happen with a DJI product!!!  I hope this will be corrected and customers like myself can once again enjoy waypoint missions.
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules