Netherlands import duties when returning a bought DJI item..
578 1 2021-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mailmikecouchman.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone could help?

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro in early December as a Christmas present. The very lucky recipient though turned the offer down so I contacted DJI to return the item for refund. DJI were happy and being a 'Select' member with 30 days to return the item I left it til after January the 1st to send it back via DHL. DJI stated that all costs for the return were my responsibility and now I'm learning that I'm also liable for considerable import duties as of course we're no longer in the EU!!
Does anyone out there have any new experience of this and how to navigate around this. Speaking with the Dutch customs and excise they advise there wouldn't be any duties due if there were correct paperwork from DJI to state it being a returned item for refund. DJI of course.. being the absolute brick wall of protocols just repeat their copy and paste replies of being sorry for the inconvenience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks!.. thank you.
2021-1-12
Use props
Pop Alexandra
lvl.1

Romania

Not sure if you managed to solve the issue, but I supposed that contacting some customs consulting company should help. For example you can try https://w2c.ca/en/consultation/
2021-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules