mavic mini compass
566 9 2021-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14695 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all hope you are well.I have the mavic mini and the fly app works on my phone.I have now got a 10 inch tablet that works with it but it does not have a compass built in will this cause me any problems.I have read that some members have had problems with thier flights because the mobile phone compass upsets the orientation. Many thanks
2021-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It won't affect the flight of the drone.
But the orientation display won't be able to properly show where the drone is, because it won't know which way you are pointing.
2021-1-13
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So would that alter the RTH if I used it. I was under the impression the new app was using radar for its orientation not compass
2021-1-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

thomasoes Posted at 1-13 04:17
So would that alter the RTH if I used it. I was under the impression the new app was using radar for its orientation not compass

RTH uses drone GPS and compass data to fly back home ; so no problem
Radar display uses compass mobile device too, but the map view uses only drone data.

cheers
JJB

2021-1-13
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks .I have had a couple of short flights from my back garden but didnt want to chance RTH just in case.I have a 7" and 10" tablet made by the same company and they both connect brilliant.I dont like the idea of having to use your mobile phone.The mavic mini is good and would have been better with its own monitor but that would make it much dearer but its great to be able to fly from my garden which I could not do with my other drones
2021-1-13
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

i dont have a built in compass into my phone . i have done many flights  at 1 km away with no problem ... i just ignore the compass(orientation) in the app because it don't work. , i just open the mini map instead so i know where the drone is compared to me.  with my Phone GPS i know where i am .. so i do my best to point my RC antennas towards the drone
2021-1-13
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Flaming Posted at 1-13 06:45
i dont have a built in compass into my phone . i have done many flights  at 1 km away with no problem ... i just ignore the compass(orientation) in the app because it don't work. , i just open the mini map instead so i know where the drone is compared to me.  with my Phone GPS i know where i am .. so i do my best to point my RC antennas towards the drone

Brill thank you
2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there thomasoes. Tank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability on both the said DJI Drone and on the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
2021-1-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The tablet I use for my Mini's does not have a compass sensor either but I haven't really missed it much. Before the latest Fly app update I would just open the map display to get a similar display. That works now if you stay relatively near the home point.
2021-1-13
Use props
thomasoes
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:06
Hello there thomasoes. Tank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device when flying your DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability on both the said DJI Drone and on the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

Thank you for that my tablets are 64 bits but not on your list so if I did have any trouble would not blame DJI.
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules