DJI support experience(not good)
1202 11 2021-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans77297ffc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67598 ft
Turkey

I wanted to share my experience with DJI support because I believe it deserves its own topic. I have been flying drones since DJI only had Naza and Wookong M FCUs. 2 months ago I decided on getting a Mavic Air 2. Once I get the drone it was love at first sight. I cared it like a baby. 2 weeks ago, I was inspecting the drone at night before I fly it next morning. I realised a grinding sound on the front left motor. Rest of the motors was sounding as it is supposed to be, however; the front left was different.

I cancelled the flight next morning and grounded the aircraft. I searched on the net if others had a similar issue and I find out at this post that user named bonchan had exact same problem on the same motor and got a replacement from DJI. I contacted DJI online support and they informed me to send the drone to local service and they will replace the drone(screenshot below).

I have sent the drone to the local service and it's been two weeks. Today(14/01/2021) local service informed me that DJI refuses to replace the drone and they request the drone to be sent overseas for repair. I also received an email from DJI support about they won't be able to replace the drone because they can only do that within 15 days after purchase. How am I supposed to know that I had a faulty motor so that I request a replacement?

I have been trying online support and email support however they have been bouncing me back and forth without anyone seriously taking up the case and really solve it. Also, the response to my emails is very laggy. I am really disappointed that DJI not really standing behind their product and their customer support is a mess.

Below is my drone statistics:
Total flight time: 3h48m
Total distance flew: 20.6km

It is obvious from the statistics that it's a brand new drone and it has clearly a manufacturing error and I obviously don't want a repair since it is just a new drone. I thank god I realised it before it fails up in the sky and turns into a meteor. I can't imagine that happen and I try to explain my self to DJI. My problem is not solved and I think it won't be solved for the next week as well. I wanted to share my experience with you in order to create an awareness of both potential customers and DJI. I really disappointed with this experience because customer experience is as important as creating a great product.. I think I won't be thinking to own another DJI product.

This is the video of the front left motor:
https://youtu.be/Kt6DAd-yfR4

This is the screen shot of the DJI support promising to replace my drone and they don't.

Chat Screenshot

Chat Screenshot

2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, your situation has been escalated to the corresponding team to check and follow up, we'll keep you updated soon.
2021-1-14
Use props
Dalila Gonzalez
lvl.1

Canada

I second the terrible service! A few weeks ago I spent just under $2000 for a drone and found out after the fact about a 10% off student discount that I qualify for. They won’t refund me the difference!! Terrible greedy company! They say they have “no way to issue that refund” well figure it out! I WAS A MANAGER AND ALWAYS DID THIS FOR CUSTOMERS WITHIN MINUTES!! IT IS NOT DIFFICULT IN THE SLIGHTEST. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in this customer service. By far the worst of any company I’ve ever experienced.
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dalila Gonzalez Posted at 1-15 17:13
I second the terrible service! A few weeks ago I spent just under $2000 for a drone and found out after the fact about a 10% off student discount that I qualify for. They won’t refund me the difference!! Terrible greedy company! They say they have “no way to issue that refund” well figure it out! I WAS A MANAGER AND ALWAYS DID THIS FOR CUSTOMERS WITHIN MINUTES!! IT IS NOT DIFFICULT IN THE SLIGHTEST. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed in this customer service. By far the worst of any company I’ve ever experienced.

Hi Dalila, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Did you purchase the drone from DJI's official online store? Please PM me your order number, I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2021-1-15
Use props
fans77297ffc
lvl.2
Turkey

I am sorry that you have gone through all this. I hope they refund the money as fast as possible. Where did you purchase the drone? If it did not pass a week after purchase. You should return the drone and ask for the refund. Then you can repurchase with the student discount! I have purchased a Garmin watch from Amazon, I used 2-3 days and I did not like that Bluetooth connection drops in 5 meters, I have returned the watch to Amazon without any problem within one week.
2021-1-15
Use props
Dalila Gonzalez
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-15 20:22
Hi Dalila, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Did you purchase the drone from DJI's official online store? Please PM me your order number, I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.

Yes it was purchased on the DJI online store this is my order number: 0017055295648. I’m not sure how to send a pm on here
2021-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dalila Gonzalez Posted at 1-16 23:07
Yes it was purchased on the DJI online store this is my order number: 0017055295648. I’m not sure how to send a pm on here

Thanks for providing the information. I have replied to your PM, please check it.
2021-1-17
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

You found out after the fact about a 10% off student discount that you qualify for! As far as I'm concerned, it should not blame on DJI.

By the way, they have return polices, it should be better to read it carefully before we make an order. Hope this helps.
You can request Return & Refund Service:
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.
√ Within fourteen (14) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect.
2021-1-17
Use props
mtulu
lvl.2
Turkey

I have received an update from the DJI support,

As they don't replace my faulty drone, they informed me that if I want a fix, I should be paying the taxes and customs clearance to Shenzhen! I bought the drone from the official distributor of the DJI and they tell me that since I did not purchase the drone from their website they can't cover my case. What a company, it's their drone and they don't take any responsibility. Basically they sell the drone and don't care the rest. I will never every buy a DJI brand product and I will prevent my friend and families to do so. They made me disgusted from the DJI brand. DON'T BUY a PRODUCT FROM DJI because THEY SELL FAULTY DRONES AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT!
2021-1-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mtulu Posted at 1-19 02:13
I have received an update from the DJI support,

As they don't replace my faulty drone, they informed me that if I want a fix, I should be paying the taxes and customs clearance to Shenzhen! I bought the drone from the official distributor of the DJI and they tell me that since I did not purchase the drone from their website they can't cover my case. What a company, it's their drone and they don't take any responsibility. Basically they sell the drone and don't care the rest. I will never every buy a DJI brand product and I will prevent my friend and families to do so. They made me disgusted from the DJI brand. DON'T BUY a PRODUCT FROM DJI because THEY SELL FAULTY DRONES AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT IT!

As per check, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, our team is following up on it and will keep you updated via email. Thanks.
2021-1-20
Use props
mtulu
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-20 01:36
As per check, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, our team is following up on it and will keep you updated via email. Thanks.

Dear Natalia,

Please don't bother. I am in contact with the Highest level of employee(as he stated) of DJI support and instead of solving my problem, they keep telling me that replacement is only available within 15 days after purchase.

Your service accepts that the drone has a manufacturer error, yet DJI support rep, telling me that they don't care since 15 days has passed. How would I know that the drone has a production error.

Shame on you DJI, I got in contact with our lawyer and I am taking this to the court.
2021-1-20
Use props
jamesondalila5
lvl.1

Canada

Fat Panda Posted at 1-17 18:53
You found out after the fact about a 10% off student discount that you qualify for! As far as I'm concerned, it should not blame on DJI.

By the way, they have return polices, it should be better to read it carefully before we make an order. Hope this helps.

thank you for your opinion Fat Panda. However, I have worked as a manager as well as in many customer service roles and was always trained to provide stellar customer service. I have refunded people when needed for discounts that they qualified for if they didn't know about it at the time of purchase, to name a few: military discount, seniors discount, student discount, and gift certificates. I'm sorry if you don't understand from my perspective but i'm confident in my stance as I have shared my opinion about this situation on social media and have had an insurmountable number of people agree with me that this is unfair and could be an easy fix that DJI is unwilling to make. I would like to be able to go back tell all those people that DJI came to their senses and I would love to spread good word about the company, but unless they fix this and refund me for the discount that I qualify for, I will just keep spreading the truth about their customer service.
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules