RAW panoramas
2715 9 2021-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jgPpn3KcbMDD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Kingdom

Can't seem to get the RAW panorama images. I can get the images that make up the panorama in RAW format, but the resulting stitched image is always JPG.

Is there a way to get the stitched image as a RAW file?

2021-1-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

No. The raw file is the picture you get from the sensor. The idea is that you will stich the pictures in stiching software. The result can be jpg, tiff, ... but not a raw image.
2021-1-16
Use props
lewiswalsh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Kingdom

@JohnDG That's great. Just wanted to know I wasn't missing something as some YouTube videos make references to DNG panoramas. Happy to stitch myself after the fact.
2021-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can use Microsoft ICE to do the sticking,  its a free tool from Microsoft.
2021-1-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

lewiswalsh Posted at 1-16 05:31
@JohnDG That's great. Just wanted to know I wasn't missing something as some YouTube videos make references to DNG panoramas. Happy to stitch myself after the fact.

If you reply to somebody, it is best to hit that small reply button below an anser.
That way the user gets a notification!
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, you better make your own panos (not the pano mode) if you want DNG.
2021-1-18
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396952 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 08:44
You can use Microsoft ICE to do the sticking,  its a free tool from Microsoft.

Although Microsoft ICE is a good free product, the results you get with PTGui are much better.

It's definitely less intuitive, but it's worth every single penny.
2021-1-18
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

segrex_it Posted at 1-18 04:37
Although Microsoft ICE is a good free product, the results you get with PTGui are much better.

well, for a free tool it is very good. The reason why I bought PTGui is because the less quality of ICE with large raw files.
Another advantage of PTGui is that you can feed it with AEB raw images to stich a panorama. It is also capable to make a good panorama of the wide angle pano raw pictures of the Mini2. ICE created a distortion in the edges.
2021-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

segrex_it Posted at 1-18 04:37

I tried PTGui and was very unimpressed,  but that was a while ago.    ICE worked fairly well for a free tool and it can make a pano from an mp4 which is a bonus.
2021-1-18
Use props
Kostas Xanthakos
lvl.1
Greece

picsFromiPadLink

Hi everyone here. I am struggling to find a solution for 3 days now about 7 hours per day and i am confused
I use phnatom4 pro v2 and i take  sphere panorama 360 (i have placed raw format) and the output is jpeg and dng files.
Now when i select in ipad (conected with drone) to view panorama from gallery the ipad says stitching images and as a result it brings a sphere - now the question...
when i select save to ipad the image is being saved is the right one to upload to a service like seekbeak (https://seekbeak.com/snaps/e0jDW0rOzr9). This i the perfect one to see in an embedded site but it lacks quality.
I am trying to create the same image from dng files and i have used Ptgui and photoshop and lightroom (stitching images) with no success---the result is different from the ipad export (see here an example with ptgiu(https://seekbeak.com/snaps/4wjnmeVezmd)

so the question is ---is there a guide exactly how to create the 2:1 aspect ration image with dng files like the one coming straight from the ipad and dji app?
imagesFromiPad
https://ynscompany-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xanthakosk_yns_gr/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fxanthakosk%5Fyns%5Fgr%2FDocuments%2Fphantom4Prov2%2FpanoTests&ga=1

2022-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules