Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello DJI
Will the Air 2 take the C1 marking in CE?

Or We need to buy a new Drone like Air 3 or something?

I think every owner needs to know

2021-1-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Likely you won't get more than the last response shown below however, before your aircraft gets any class marking its likely to need a visit to DJI or official service center based on ongoing talks.  It's frustrating & the longer it goes on the less likely the Air2 will see C1 on existing aircraft.
_20210108_183047.JPG
2021-1-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-16 15:41
Likely you won't get more than the last response shown below however, before your aircraft gets any class marking its likely to need a visit to DJI or official service center based on ongoing talks.  It's frustrating & the longer it goes on the less likely the Air2 will see C1 on existing aircraft.

I see. Maybe the Air 3 will come sooner than expected
2021-1-16
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 1-16 15:45
I see. Maybe the Air 3 will come sooner than expected

Unfortunately this might be the case but it does nothing for your Air 2 resale value if true.  The regs dont really impact how I would usually fly it but the C1 would be useful to have.  For now weather permitting the mini is doing a lot more air miles than the Air 2.  Might be time a tuber did a follow up on where the process for refit & classification is at rather than another range test
2021-1-16
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-16 15:53
Unfortunately this might be the case but it does nothing for your Air 2 resale value if true.  The regs dont really impact how I would usually fly it but the C1 would be useful to have.  For now weather permitting the mini is doing a lot more air miles than the Air 2.  Might be time a tuber did a follow up on where the process for refit & classification is at rather than another range test

So mini 2 until the new Air comes out
2021-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 1-16 15:56
So mini 2 until the new Air comes out

Mini 2 without classification will let you fly over people (not crowds) which none of the classified drones can do currently, as the classification doesn't check the weight but the MTOM of the drone.
2021-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

On the enterprise site of DJI they say they are looking into it.
But I have my doubts if the current DJI drones can comply
2021-1-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 1-18 00:54
On the enterprise site of DJI they say they are looking into it.

Could You say more?
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

virtual Posted at 1-18 01:49

Could You say more?

They are waiting for the EU to make their technical demands available.
After that DJI will investigate IF it is worth re applying for a new CE marking.
(that is like bringing a new product to the market, only this time it is an existing product).

We don't know what tech specs they will make, but I'm not sure if DJI can make the current drones comply.
And I have my doubts if DJI will go that route.
2021-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Montfrooij Posted at 1-18 04:00
They are waiting for the EU to make their technical demands available.
After that DJI will investigate IF it is worth re applying for a new CE marking.
(that is like bringing a new product to the market, only this time it is an existing product).

All the tech that DJI uses is exactly what the new rules need.
It needs geo fencing 19m/s speed and tripod or cine mode ang green flashing lights for night flights.
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Niknik Posted at 1-18 06:35
All the tech that DJI uses is exactly what the new rules need.
It needs geo fencing 19m/s speed and tripod or cine mode ang green flashing lights for night flights.

We will see what the EU comes up with.
So far I'm not sure if DJI can or will to go the route of re applying.
That is quite costly.
Maybe they rather release a new drone and get a boost in sales that way.
2021-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Montfrooij Posted at 1-18 06:47
We will see what the EU comes up with.
So far I'm not sure if DJI can or will to go the route of re applying.
That is quite costly.

Maybe the new rules is good for new sales. But eitherway i got my new licence with the new rules exams
2021-1-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

It's been said that only tripod mode speed is too high for EU bureaucrats AFAIK (unfortunately no final rules provided, what a mess!), MA2 is full of latest technologies, what else can be demanded? I don't think that it should be that complicated if officers will be reasonable (I know this sounds like oxymoron). Unrealistic requirements would be hard to enforce and TBH I don't wanna spend money for MA3 only because of sticker.
2021-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

virtual Posted at 1-18 07:14
It's been said that only tripod mode speed is too high for EU bureaucrats AFAIK (unfortunately no final rules provided, what a mess!), MA2 is full of latest technologies, what else can be demanded? I don't think that it should be that complicated if officers will be reasonable (I know this sounds like oxymoron). Unrealistic requirements would be hard to enforce and TBH I don't wanna spend money for MA3 only because of sticker.

Exactly. Only Mini is free with the new rules.
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Niknik Posted at 1-18 06:52
Maybe the new rules is good for new sales. But eitherway i got my new licence with the new rules exams

Congrats on that!
2021-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Thanks I hope that DJI will make it
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Niknik Posted at 1-18 08:51
Thanks I hope that DJI will make it

You are not alone.
All current DJI droners (except Mini owners) would love that.
2021-1-18
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

strangely in France the new laws have not yet been applied. Only drones over 800g must be registered
2021-1-18
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Requirements for classification are in the EASA docs just not ratified according to DJI, there is a July 2021 date mentioned in a consolidated ref hinting at a date for conformance submissions being required, this would be a strange date for CE conformance alone since that already exists. See regulation (EU) 2019/945 consolidated, Sec 1 art 5, date for the application of paragraphs 1 to 4 of Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020.  This obviously has no bearing on the all on the market must be classified date 2023. Hopefully EASA will have classification ratified soon then DJI can qualify a date for badging or at least confirm a test body is under contract.

As has already been mentioned retrospective classification was mentioned under enterprise not consumer drone news so its not a given to happen for MA2 & below.

We'll all be hanging on a while yet no doubt.
2021-1-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-18 11:19
Requirements for classification are in the EASA docs just not ratified according to DJI, there is a July 2021 date mentioned in a consolidated ref hinting at a date for conformance submissions being required, this would be a strange date for CE conformance alone since that already exists. See regulation (EU) 2019/945 consolidated, Sec 1 art 5, date for the application of paragraphs 1 to 4 of Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020.  This obviously has no bearing on the all on the market must be classified date 2023. Hopefully EASA will have classification ratified soon then DJI can qualify a date for badging or at least confirm a test body is under contract.

As has already been mentioned retrospective classification was mentioned under enterprise not consumer drone news so its not a given to happen for MA2 & below.

Yes but now the MA2 has to fly in A3 category 150meters far from properties or people. Only Mini-Mini2 is free to fly in A1
If nothing happens then MA3 will come much sooner with M3P
2021-1-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-18 11:19

Crazy situation made by bureaucrats, bravo! It's like ban for all cars on public roads without possibility of retrospective cetificatin and with no office to certify new cars...
2021-1-19
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

No State wants citizens to use drones for fun or hobbies.
Under the pretext of the "regulation", measures are proposed that will make it difficult or prohibit the use of drones.
Or they will try to make money from our hobby (example as always in the UK)
2021-1-19
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

S.T. Posted at 1-19 03:28
No State wants citizens to use drones for fun or hobbies.
Under the pretext of the "regulation", measures are proposed that will make it difficult or prohibit the use of drones.
Or they will try to make money from our hobby (example as always in the UK)

To be honest this is a very strange situation. I'm pretty sure that the MA2 meets te EASA specs for A1 / C1 ...  Check the max speeds. The possible ADS/B - Remote ID ...The 5m/s is also OK for the minimal distance/speed to people... There is still some hope... A2 is still OK... But A3 in 2023 is really not OK for just one Cx sticker on the body....
2021-1-19
Use props
rocazac
lvl.2
Norway

I got my MA2 in December, I have the possibility to return it back until 1st of February, and I really do not know what to do, shall I return it or shall I hope the MA2 will get the certification? hmm
2021-1-19
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

rocazac Posted at 1-19 04:56
I got my MA2 in December, I have the possibility to return it back until 1st of February, and I really do not know what to do, shall I return it or shall I hope the MA2 will get the certification? hmm

Something to think about... It seems that a new Mavic Pro 3 is waiting to be introduced... If DJI is clever? Than the weight is minus 900 gr. This results in a A1/C1 classification if I'm right... So this should be a disaster for the Mavic Air 2 which flies literally in and to ...A3 after 2023.....
2021-1-19
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 1-18 11:38
Yes but now the MA2 has to fly in A3 category 150meters far from properties or people. Only Mini-Mini2 is free to fly in A1
If nothing happens then MA3 will come much sooner with M3P

Im not expecting a big step change in features on a MA3 save those required for classification at release & whilst I agree its a farce where the Air 2 has found itself its the current regs so we have to abide at this time.  Hoping for some common sense but its politics & as usual most are not part of the hobby.
2021-1-19
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

EmpieDrone Posted at 1-19 06:25
Something to think about... It seems that a new Mavic Pro 3 is waiting to be introduced... If DJI is clever? Than the weight is minus 900 gr. This results in a A1/C1 classification if I'm right... So this should be a disaster for the Mavic Air 2 which flies literally in and to ...A3 after 2023.....

Unless it will not be sold with a C1 sticker on it by DJI all current MA2 are already in A3.
2021-1-19
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

MySky Posted at 1-19 14:12
Unless it will not be sold with a C1 sticker on it by DJI all current MA2 are already in A3.

Yes far from people and properties. (150metrs away). So we need Mini 2 for everywhere
2021-1-19
Use props
rocazac
lvl.2
Norway

EmpieDrone Posted at 1-19 06:25

I returned it today. As much as I loved the MA2 I decided to play it safe instead of being in this limbo situation, and acquire the new M3 or MA2/MA3 with the CE certification

I really hope we will get more news soon, it's quite sad to see DJI not being more transparent with what's going on, or what the plans are, given the fact it's such an expensive product.
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules