DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Continuous flight.
Dji mini 2
Took it over sea to inspect a ferry.
Was windy and cold.

My confidence in this drone is growing with every flight. Really a dream to fly it.

Hope you like it. Comments welcomed

2021-1-17
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

You've got some good eyes to still have that in VLOS over that distance ...
2021-1-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's a nice video, pretty cool scenery.  how do you turn off the annotations that seem to take away from the video imo; my caption button appears to be broken.
2021-1-17
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Nice flight, thanks for sharing
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DukeofDrones. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing this video you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Great work and nice flying. .
2021-1-17
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Nice video, thanks for sharing
2021-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great subject!
2021-1-18
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-17 15:52
it's a nice video, pretty cool scenery.  how do you turn off the annotations that seem to take away from the video imo; my caption button appears to be broken.

Sorry about that.
I added the text to give some context. As there is no voice over so thought text might help.

Sorry if that annoyed you.
2021-1-18
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thank you.

She is just moored there going nowhere in this lockdown.

These used to be days when I used to see her go to France or  channel islands 2 times a day.

(That world is now distant dream due to this pandemic)
2021-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-1-18
Use props
Magoo1979
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196135 ft
Australia

Nice work, thanks for sharing!
2021-1-18
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice video - the only constructive feedback I would offer you is too slow down your gimbal adjustments so they are not so quick and sudden.  Great viewing though.
2021-1-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DukeofDrones Posted at 1-18 01:41
Thank you.

She is just moored there going nowhere in this lockdown.

You're welcome!
Yeah, the world has changed.
Partly for the better (less travel  = less pollution) but that is only one positive effect.
2021-1-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.  
2021-1-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great to see you are really enjoying your Mini 2. I would like to help you, maybe save you a few quid and even better save a third party getting injured. I see from your earlier posts you state your a Newbie, so some advice, take it or leave it.

You are breaking the UK drone laws that could end with you paying a large fine or worst imprisonment. Please take time to read the following and register your drone as per the link, this link will guide you to fly safe and responsibly as per the CAA.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code

We have great freedoms with the <250g drones under the new rules from 01/01/21 in the UK. If we respect them we can all enjoy our hobby, however the more abuse of those rules will inevitably bring changes no one wants.

If I was driving at 150mph on the motorway I would not be putting it on Youtube.

This may anger you when you first read this, however take a little time before any reply. Good luck, be safe.
2021-1-18
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 1-18 12:29
Great to see you are really enjoying your Mini 2. I would like to help you, maybe save you a few quid and even better save a third party getting injured. I see from your earlier posts you state your a Newbie, so some advice, take it or leave it.

You are breaking the UK drone laws that could end with you paying a large fine or worst imprisonment. Please take time to read the following and register your drone as per the link, this link will guide you to fly safe and responsibly as per the CAA.

I had a look at the code and could not find any reason for breaking the law in that video, can you help me with that?
2021-1-19
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

DonGuido Posted at 1-19 00:14
I had a look at the code and could not find any reason for breaking the law in that video, can you help me with that?

You need to have the drone in visual-line-of-sight at all times (i.e. you need to be able to see it).
You are -WAY- beyond that in your flight.
2021-1-19
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

mavic2zoom-ch Posted at 1-19 00:57
You need to have the drone in visual-line-of-sight at all times (i.e. you need to be able to see it).
You are -WAY- beyond that in your flight.

Oh ok, it makes sense.
it is not my video, but I wanted to understand better.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind, as I'd probably commit the same mistake as I've done similar flights in the past.

2021-1-19
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The reason to keep your drone in sight is to avoid other manned aircraft, for examples low flying air ambulance, or police helicopter as examples. A microlite or paraglider might not survive a facefull of 250g drone.

The rules can seem frustrating but they are there to prevent accidents.

The new rules for under 250g drones in the UK gives us a new great freedom, the restriction to always keep your drone ( any size drone ) in line of sight VLOS is a minor inconveience. We can all still make great video with a 300m (500m) radius of where we stand.

Happy filming, flying, but don't screw it up for the majority that know the reason for the rules.
2021-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules