Reluctantly sent my Mini 2 into DJI for repair - what happened next!
1007 8 2021-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

I had been getting intermittent Downward Vision Sensor errors for the past few weeks (error codes 180030 and 180016). Apart from the error codes appearing during flight, the drone was otherwise flying/hovering and landing normally, no issues at all. I thought I had better get it checked though, as the message appearing on DJI Fly during flight advised to contact DJI for support. I therefore did so, and a case number was provided. I sent the Mini 2 in to the Melbourne (Australia) service centre about 10 days ago where it was diagnosed that there was an issue with the gimble coaxial cable (the drone had never crashed or anything) so I was unsure what caused the malfunction in the cable.

Regardless, I received an email update yesterday that I would be receiving my Mini 2 back.

Much to my surprise, the postman turned up at my door this morning with my new Mini 2! There is  no 'R' in the serial number, so I am unsure if it is a refurbished unit  or not, but it does have all the seals and stickers on the drone as a new one does and the build date is 3 weeks newer than the one I sent in.  I don't mind if it is refurbished really, as they do undergo a rigourous quality care process at the service centre. I am just happy to have the Mini 2 back  in my hands!

What wonderful customer service from DJI! It was sent only late yesterday afternoon from the DJI service centre, well over 2000km away from my home! DJI had actually organised to send it to me via overnight Express Post. Again, what fantastic customer care! In fact, all throughout my dealings with DJI customer support since the repair case was opened, I have found their service to be extremely prompt, responsive, courteous and well-organised.

Thank you DJI for your absolutely brilliant response. You have gained a loyal customer due to the professional and friendly service you have shown to me.

With virtually no coronavirus cases/no lockdowns and beautiful weather here in Oz, now let's get this little bird back in the air where it belongs

2021-1-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I'd give you a like if I could!
2021-1-21
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same experience with my Spark here in Oz. The service was great.
2021-1-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BaliSkies. Thank you for sharing these wonderful information and thank you for your positive feedback for DJI. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying. .
2021-1-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it worked out so well for you.  
2021-1-22
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Glad you got it replaced, hope the new one works better!
2021-1-22
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-21 19:00
Hello there BaliSkies. Thank you for sharing these wonderful information and thank you for your positive feedback for DJI. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.  .

Hello DJI Stephen, thank you very much. My new replacement Mini 2 from DJI flies absolutely perfectly! I could not be happier with it and I look forward to many miles of flights with it. I also very much like the updated DJI Fly app 1.2.2 and the new flight indicator, it is really cool.

Thanks again and have a great day.
2021-1-22
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good to hear!
Send us some footage.
2021-1-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

BaliSkies Posted at 1-22 14:51
Hello DJI Stephen, thank you very much. My new replacement Mini 2 from DJI flies absolutely perfectly! I could not be happier with it and I look forward to many miles of flights with it. I also very much like the updated DJI Fly app 1.2.2 and the new flight indicator, it is really cool.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Hi there BaliSkies. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules