Prop guards different for Mini 2 vs Mavic Mini?
4347 6 2021-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5883 ft
Canada

Am looking to get some prop guards for my Mini 2.  I've seen videos stating that the prop guards from the Mavic Mini are compatible, yet I see different claims from sellers.

Can anyone confirm either?

Thanks in advance!
2021-1-23
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Canada

Never mind...found a similar post in the Mavic Accessories forum.  

tl;dr - video reviewers are apparently mistaken.
2021-1-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have given. The DJI Mavic Mini 360° Propeller Guard is only compatible with the DJI Mini 2 ( JP Version ) but it is not compatible with the DJI Mini 2 (International Version ). For additional reference I will post a link where in you can find the specification, overview compatibility and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2021-1-24
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The prop guards make the Mini/2 above 250g.  I doubt it will be an issue just a heads up.
2021-1-25
Use props
fans42c8019f
lvl.3
Canada

Yes thanks for that warning.  Just for indoor use, although I do have my license and am ready to register if I ever decided to fly outside.
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_ZzvTM6bXenBT
lvl.1
United States

I've had no issues using the Mavic Mini prop guards on the Mini 2, not sure how they would be different
2021-1-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The compatibility of the guards apparently depends on the manufacturer. I have some aftermarket guards for the Mini and they will definately not fit on the Mini 2 because the arms on the Mini2 are thicker. Some people say they can force the DJI clamps to close if they press hard enough. I don't see the point in risking breaking the arms when you can buy the right guards cheap enough, especially since DJI uses different part numbers for the guards.

2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules