Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video signal unstable after Firmware update.
2121 4 2015-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

After updating to the latest firmware (battery update) successfully, now my video signal is cutting out no matter the location. The RC signal is good and control is fine, second controller operates gimbal ok, but video to both ipad mini 3 for pilot and hdmi output to monitor for slave cutting in and out at any distance even though signal says good. All cords, antennaes, WIFI and Bluetooth off on all devices, auto signal selected or manual selection no change, all have been addressed. Anyone else experience this. Seems to be a light bridge issue. This "aerial video platform" is a nice RC TOY right now. I need dependability, not a new fix every month or two!
2015-7-6
Use props
GravityStorm
lvl.1

United States

I, too, have had a number of video cutouts lasting several seconds each time on my iPad.  Black screen for video but all OSDs and control seemed OK.  However (and more troubling), I've had 2 total disconnects.  All video and OSDs disconnect for 10+ seconds with DISCONNECTED at top of screen.  I'm wondering if they are the same cutout with the longer one's causing a total disconnect?  Replayed video is fine so I don't think it's a camera issue.  The longer disconnect had me about to hit RTH when it came back online.  I was using a third party coiled lightning cable so I've since ordered an Apple 0.5m cable so we'll see if that helps.
2015-7-6
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I recently inquired about these issues as well in regards to cutting out, progressive lagging etc and this was what I got back via email for Android devices-

"If you have experienced any issues with your Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional or Inspire 1, please see below. If your issue is not below please let us know and we will work to resolve it as soon as we can.

1.  Non-visual live feed image, i.e. a blank screen that appears instead of a camera feed.

Reason: Certain chip pins on the SD card are not connecting properly tothe circuit causing the camera to start up abnormally, making the screen turn black.
Solution: Remove the SD card and re-install it tightly.
Further solution: The camera startup process is being refined to take into account possible connectivity issues with the SD card. If necessary, DJI will repair affected units as quickly as possible.

2.  Increased lag and screen flicker.

Reason: The DJI Pilot app is extremely complex, causing it to place highdemands on your mobile device’s processor and power consumption. This is especially true of three functions.
a)        Live feed, location map and Flight Route Recording all draw on processing power.
b)        When activated, the Video Editor automatically transcodes your live feed and creates your video in real time using your phone’s processor
c)        When the remote controller is connected to an iOS device, your iOS device will specifically use a Central Processing Unit (CPU) core to deal with data authentication computation.
All of these functions increase the power consumption of your mobile device, in turn causing its temperature to increase. Most devices will lower processing speed when a temperature threshold is reached, slowing down the app causing lag and flicker.

Suggested solution:
a)        Activate hardware decoding on your mobile device in the DJI Pilot app to reduce demands on your mobile device’s CPU.
b)        Choose a lower code rate under Image Transmission Quality assmaller files decode more efficiently.
c)        Shut down any unused application programs, or activate “Flight Mode”
d)        Keep your mobile device in a cool place whenever possible and keep it out of direct sunlight when flying outdoors.

Further solution:
We will continue to optimize the DJI Pilot app, increasing computation efficiency and lowering power consumption to ensure that it always runs smoothly

3.  Flickering screen and/or a blank screen during flying.

Reason: When the Phantom is flying at an extended distance, the angle of the antennas is essential to maintain a strong signal.
Solution: Refer to the user manual and adjust the antenna angle."

Reading between the lines and based on the chain of events my best guess is their update is taxing the microprocessors of the tables and phones a wee bit to hard (Especially on android devices). Im sure it will be a matter of time their guys should be able to get this figured out. Im pretty sure its a simple computation error in the code.
2015-7-6
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

Recently after the new IOS app and the new firmware installation I need to use multiple ipads and cool the down between uses. Before I was able to fly 4 batteries without problems. Now at 15 min in flight my ipad mini 3 is getting hot and the video feed is breaking bad. Here in Turks & Caicos Islands where I live is always hot and my ipad was very hot most of the time while I was flying. Before I crashed my first inspire I had very few issues with the video feed now with the new inspire with firmware up to date and the new app is no way to fly more than 15 min without problems. I keep a cooler with me and swap the ipad with every battery, using another ipad mini gen2 next to the gen3, while I fly the one in the cooler cools down for the next flight.
Sunday I had some filming on the beach and was 25-30mile wind which kept the ipad mini relatively cool and had no problems. Saturday was 15-20 mph wind but not good enough to cool the ipad. I tried a sun shade for the ipad mini and is even worse, 10 min in the flight and was getting very hot and no more video feed.
I would prefer if the app can have a low resolution video feed without using the CPU or GPU too much. That might help.
2015-7-7
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

PureSQNut, the slave Hdmi output to monitor also cuts out, identical to iPad mini 3 on master. Therefore it is the origination of video feed from AC which is faulty.  
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules