CSC with emergency setting clarification.
1543 7 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Niko from DJI Technical Support said 27.3.2020 under General Support.

1) Pushing both sticks to the inner or outer bottom corners (CSC):  It means that the motors will stop when performing CSC in any situation.

Conduct CSC, the drone will first turn around, and then stop after 2 seconds. This operation is very dangerous and is not recommended for users.

2) Choose CSC Maneuver (for use in emergencies only) in the app: It means that if the drone is at an abnormal state (for example, when the app detects that the drone is not working normally, or the drone has hit something during the flight, or the motor stops running due to obstacle, etc.), pushing both sticks to the inner or outer bottom corners will let the motor stop. It is recommended that the user choose this technique.

Can someone please confirm the following thanks:

Do I understand this correctly that as per:
1. The motors will stop in 2 sec in any situation if emergency is not selected. But as per:
2. The motors will not stop when flying and you accidentally do an CSC, if CSC is not set to “emergency only" and everything is normal when flying and drone is not detecting anything abnormal.

In item 2. This to me means that if you have set CSC to emergency only and the app has not detected anything abnormal, motors would not stop if you done an CSC? If so then in contradicts item 1.

Sorry, but I do not see that there is any difference between the 2 statements and would appreciate if someone could assist me in understanding this as it is very important to know what is what. Perhaps I do a thinking error in my head?

Thanks.
2021-1-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

I think I got an answer from another thread. There seams only to be the 2 sec delay difference between not having Emergency on or  off.
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not the app that detects something abnormal its the drone.
2021-1-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 07:09
Its not the app that detects something abnormal its the drone.

Yes, my mistake. Its now corrected to be the drone. Just a typo. Thanks for correcting.

Do you know if the differences between to 2 states of the drone is only the 2 seconds it takes to hold the sticks down left/right until motors stop running?
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 1-24 07:44
Yes, my mistake. Its now corrected to be the drone. Just a typo. Thanks for correcting.

Do you know if the differences between to 2 states of the drone is only the 2 seconds it takes to hold the sticks down left/right until motors stop running?

I thought the Emergancy required a crash to be detected before it would activate.  Also,  not sure why youre asking this but dont forget if you flip the drop upside down it will power off motors too.  Useful for hand catching.
2021-1-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 07:50
I thought the Emergancy required a crash to be detected before it would activate.  Also,  not sure why youre asking this but dont forget if you flip the drop upside down it will power off motors too.  Useful for hand catching.

If an emergency or crash is needed to be able to stop the motors in 2 sec, should you then not be able to stop the motors if it flies normal? This is what I am trying to understand. I have not yet tried this myself and not sure I should.
2021-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 1-24 08:05
If an emergency or crash is needed to be able to stop the motors in 2 sec, should you then not be able to stop the motors if it flies normal? This is what I am trying to understand. I have not yet tried this myself and not sure I should.

I tried it once in emergency mode and it didn't stop the motors,  but I may not have held them for 2 seconds.

Never revisited as I dont know when I would ever want to use it.
2021-1-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 08:16
I tried it once in emergency mode and it didn't stop the motors,  but I may not have held them for 2 seconds.

Never revisited as I dont know when I would ever want to use it.

I would not like to try it either. Perhaps some one has had and can confirm how it really works. I would like to see it this way. If in emergency mode, yes, straight away to stop the motors is fine. I normal mode certainly a bit longer and a constant warning signal and voice. Or give you the option and setting the time to stop the motors in normal mode.

However, I think that DJI should have the experience and knowledge to know what is best.  Just wanted to have the 2 secs confirmed in normal mode and I would be happy flying.
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules