mini mavic 2, come on DJI
881 6 2021-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606240 ft
United Kingdom

Really excited to upgrade from a mini 1 to a mini 2 but so far not a great experience.

Bought the mini 2 from Argos, charged everything, updated firmware as instructed. Upon trying to fly I got the Incompatible Firmware version (Code 30224) error. Tried reinstalling DJI, clearing cache etc to no avail. So I took it back to Argos and got a new one.

Again charged and upgraded my new mini 2 but this time missed out updating 'fly safe' as I understood this to be the issue.

This drone flys, however the uplink video shows a strong green cast on my phones screen and the phone records it too. However the SD card records the colour properly. Looked for the problem in forums and lots of people have the same problem. Apparently it's a compatability issue with various phones.

Anyway flew my new drone around a bit, very good. As it was cold after 10 mins I brought the drone back and changed the battery. Oddly I noticed that the drone only shows three lights for a new battery, changed battery  - again three lights. Turned drone off and on still only get three lights. The forth LED is faulty. Marvellous!

I now have to take this drone back and get a third. This is going to cause hassle as I've also bought the DJI care refresh program which is tied to a specific drone serial number....

Beginning to think that my experience with the mini 1 was great by comparison. Things can only get better, hopefully DJI will resolve the first two issues in short order.
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Mark, we are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Just to verify, have you got a third drone from the dealer? I have sent you a PM, please check it.
For the DJI Care Refresh, please send us an email to djicare@dji.com and provide the proof of replacement, our team will provide further assistance. Thanks.
2021-1-25
Use props
Mark F
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-25 00:23
Hi Mark, we are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Just to verify, have you got a third drone from the dealer? I have sent you a PM, please check it.
For the DJI Care Refresh, please send us an email to  and provide the proof of replacement, our team will provide further assistance. Thanks.

Hi Natalia,

Unfortunatly Argos did not have any more drones so thay had to give me a refund.
2021-1-25
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

Mark F Posted at 1-25 03:19
Hi Natalia,

Unfortunatly Argos did not have any more drones so thay had to give me a refund.

it's really a pity..Are you still persist to purchase another one from their online store: https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... _products&vid=99411
Anyway, my Mavic air 2 is really great.
2021-1-25
Use props
Mark F
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fat Panda Posted at 1-25 04:05
it's really a pity..Are you still persist to purchase another one from their online store: https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... _products&vid=99411
Anyway, my Mavic air 2 is really great.

Thanks Fat Panda. Being a keen photographer the Air 2 was the drone I really wanted but the new restrictions mean I can fly the mini 2 in a lot more places.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I love the extra capabiliies of the air 2, HDR, pre set routes capability and large file size for still photos.
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_1KeY9bRVHYN8
New

Japan

I bought mavic mini 2 last week, i flew it nine times so far. Last time it flew very well, it was fine until then. But yesterday I tried to fly once again and here it does not fly at all, the propellers move, all four of them but the sound and power is weak while all three propellers try to fly, the one on right front doesn't fly, so the drone becomes unbalanced and tilts down and goes to stop mode...

Problem is I forgot to register the dji care within 92 hours, so what will happen? does anyone have any idea, what should I do? I am in Japan explaining my issues with the japanese staffs of dji might be another big problem for me.
2021-2-22
Use props
Mark F
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update, Sadly my third DJI mini 2 has now failed. It has less than one hour of flight time.

Whatever I do the controller will not connect to my phone any more. I've tried rebooting the phone, re-pairing the drone and changing the connecting cable.

My phone will connect to my laptop so the phone seems ok.The controller will actually fly the aircraft but without any video coming back there is little point.

Has anybody else had this problem and managed to resolve it?

Thanks

2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules