828 4 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Yb5PnjAUOSkL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19012 ft

Iceland

Hello,

I have a question about Phantom 4 Pro but it may relate to other drones as well. Recently, I was doing a mapping mission pre-programmed in DJI GS Pro and collected 200 images over a local football pitch. For some reason, most of the images were strangely overexposed. After inspecting every image and checking the metadata, I did not see any unusual settings failure and everything went as planned. First, I though maybe I somehow accidentely overexposed the images but that was not the case. Also, not the entire image is overexposed but only around 80% gradually changing from one corner to another. I tested the camera with dozens of images afterwards but all of them were fine.

Here is an example of one of the overexposed image in comparison to a normal image which were next to each other. Anyone knows what is going on here? Thanx.

Comparison_v5.JPG
2021-1-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

What kind of help can a Dji CUSTOMER expect AT THIS FORUM? NONE

2021-2-25
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello, this seems to be a frequent issue with the mechanical shutter and there are a couple of threads here, including mine, showing the potential fix (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=82780). The solution I found is to disable the Mechanical Shutter on camera menu and only use electronic shutter to take photos. Hope this helps.

2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_Yb5PnjAUOSkL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19012 ft

Iceland

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 3-12 05:33
Hello, this seems to be a frequent issue with the mechanical shutter and there are a couple of threads here, including mine, showing the potential fix (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=82780). The solution I found is to disable the Mechanical Shutter on camera menu and only use electronic shutter to take photos. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply Roberto. I think I have come across your topic when I was looking for solution. Perhaps I should have tried to disable mechanical shutter first to see if it  works. I ended up re-installing DJI Go app and DJI GS Pro and I haven't seen the problem since then. However, re-installing perhaps is not the best solution if it happens again and again.
2021-3-15
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

djiuser_Yb5PnjAUOSkL Posted at 3-15 02:04
Thanks for your reply Roberto. I think I have come across your topic when I was looking for solution. Perhaps I should have tried to disable mechanical shutter first to see if it  works. I ended up re-installing DJI Go app and DJI GS Pro and I haven't seen the problem since then. However, re-installing perhaps is not the best solution if it happens again and again.

I tried to reinstall the apps to no avail. Then I figured the solution and never look back. Best regards.
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules