Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hdrpano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598458 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Virtual Stick complex missions

What can we do with Virtual Stick? How accurate is the inbuilt Mutable Mission path?

I compared complex DJI Mutable Missions with Virtual Stick capability. 2D photogrammetry and 3D semi spherical missions.
Xcode 12, Swift 5, optimized DJI SDK sample

Virtual Stick <-> DJI Mutable Missions

Mission POI
Mission distance trigger to capture images (AEB, Burst ...)

2021-1-25
Use props
hdrpano
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

You can now follow this iOS project on GitHub

Follow the project on GitHub
2021-1-26
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

Thank you, for sharing this with us. This is a great learning experience for me.

In the Readme it says: "With high speed it is dangerous to yaw and fly forward at the same time for low speed aircrafts like the Mini."

What will happen? I never tried, my Mini is still new :-)
2021-1-26
Use props
hdrpano
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

twissmueller Posted at 1-26 22:22
Thank you, for sharing this with us. This is a great learning experience for me.

In the Readme it says: "With high speed it is dangerous to yaw and fly forward at the same time for low speed aircrafts like the Mini."

Test it in the simulator. 4m/s is OK
2021-1-27
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

hdrpano Posted at 1-27 01:40
Test it in the simulator. 4m/s is OK

I have uploaded a little video where I am flying in a straight line and then yawing to the left.

There is nothing really dangerous happening, except that the drone keeps on flying in a straight line more or less when fast enough. Of course, this could turn into a dangerous situation when one expects the drone to turn.

What I remember from flying model helicopters is, that when yawing left they would loose altitude. But this is not happening in the simulator with the drone.
It seems like, that after I have taken off and flown in a straight line, the slows down and stops although I am still pushing the right stick forward. Is this a simulator "feature"?
2021-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules