DJI FLY V 1.2.4 Android
1202 5 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Apparently , you can now download DJI FLY 1.2.4  for Android ....

Any idea of the new featrures/fix ? i have it installed ,, but i can't test it ... way too cold   -16C   

There is no release notes , even at APK mirror website for now ...

https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-1-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Apparently... I am pretty fine with older versions. Until version 1.1.0 (if I recall correctly, the first version to support MA2) the video is decoded more smoothly.

I live in a temperate climate so almost no problem for me to fly year round, but... I may hint that if I were in CA I would surely implement a sub-zero (you do use Celsius right?) flying plan.

My idea was a gimbal protector paired with some acetate sheet to almost completely isolate the gimbal (most of the air should enter through that gap), using a de-icing spray on the prop blades and some tape here and there, for a example on the top vents. That should be enough to not make the Mini suffer a cold, keep the gimbal operating smoothly, keep the battery warm and avoid the dreaded props icing.
2021-1-25
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

I just found the release notes :

What's New:

- Supports in-app updates to allow you to download and install the latest version of DJI Fly.

- Adds Device Management under Profile to allow you to learn more about your DJI devices and check their usage data

- Fixes certain issues and improves overall app stability and user experience.
2021-1-25
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Well, it installed and flew on my Motorola G7 Power, but I could not do much of a flight - too windy.  Just looked at the flight data.  CsvView says that the peak wind was 10.9 meters / second (or 24.38 mph).  Total flight distance was 147 meters and about 3 1/2 minutes.  As expected, the higher I went, the stronger the wind.  Max height was 31 meters.  Like I said, not much of a flight.  The wind was bouncing the Mini around quite a bit - as expected.  In fact, I elected not to try to land in my driveway between the house and wall, but rather opted to land on the freshly mowed lawn where I had more space.

Because of the short duration, and watching out for the wind so much, I did not get a chance to test anything.  Maybe later in the week, but the weather forecast is not looking good...

The green arrow was the actual take off.  The time prior was primarily me doing a compass calibration.  The red arrow was the landing - the part after that was me walking back to where I started.  The yellow arrow was direction of travel.  Like I said, not much of a flight!

2021-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Downloaded and installed without issue.  Made a quick 10 minute flight.  Didn't notice any difference from 1.2.2 with respect to stability.
2021-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flaming Posted at 1-25 16:45
I just found the release notes :

What's New:

- Supports in-app updates to allow you to download and install the latest version of DJI Fly.

In-App update points to DJI server for update download.  Guess this is why DJI no longer updates their App in the Google Play Store.  
2021-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules