Video editing for Osmo Action
14311 25 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RZCY
lvl.2
Denmark

I am new to action cameras and new to editing. Just bought the DJI Osmo Action and looking for a free, easy to use, light in PC requirement video editing program that can make up to 4K clips.
What would be your recommendations?

2021-1-28
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

I use a payment software, which is quite cheap indeed, but it is very easy and fast to use.
Magix fastcut.
I see that now it is not supported anymore, but in general Magix software are easy and powerful enough for daily casual use.
2021-1-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Magix is the way to go MEP 2021 premium.  I have it and use it.  I also use PowerDirector. and another one that is not bad to use is FilmoraX.  these are the three that I find easy to use, for free is Devinchi resolve  hard to use. if asked

2021-1-28
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

Garmin Virb Edit. Fast, easy, and free. Also, the video preview of the project runs well on any pc even with 4k videos.
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RZCY. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members on what video editing software they are using to edit there works. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-1-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I use Davinci Resolve and the free version have no major limits or watermarks that other free software have. It supports up to 4K and it is not hard to use since it mostly just drag and drop like most are.
If you go for the Studio version, it is cheaper than Premiere Pro. And the Studio version of Davinci Resolve support using your GPU (graphic card) for faster export.

Powerdirector is not bad, but you have very limit control of your output. I have used it before and was my favorite until I discovered Davinci Resolve.
2021-1-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For me Since I been using it for years Cyberlink, and as well Magix it is  all up to you, they all  give trials try to DL one, use it and when ready, make your choice

you can get Adobe, Pinniacle,  whoever, just look at heh youtube video's see a lot of tutorials and good luck on your choices
2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Mgozer Posted at 1-28 05:59
I use a payment software, which is quite cheap indeed, but it is very easy and fast to use.
Magix fastcut.
I see that now it is not supported anymore, but in general Magix software are easy and powerful enough for daily casual use.

2021-1-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I used to use the free HitFilm express and liked it. But I switched to DaVinci Resolve, also free, for a reason that turns out not to be valid. I like Resolve.
2021-1-29
Use props
RZCY
lvl.2
Denmark

From the information I have gathered until now - I have decided to use 2 editing programs:

For very simple jobs - Windows 10 Video Editor - which is part of Win. 10 and completely free. It works just great for simple work.

https://support.microsoft.com/en ... 3-3c50-e49f013d47f6

For more complicated work - VSDC - which is very capable but easy on PC hardware requirements, and can be upgraded if needed for a very low fee.

http://www.videosoftdev.com/

2021-1-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

shotcut, Blender, virb and many more, are out there. even Youtube is FREE
2021-1-31
Use props
Vincent Leclerc
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I'm a beginner in video editing, so software like Premiere Pro or Davinci Resolve are not quite for me cuz they require a considerably long learning curve. And the one I choose for my video editing is TunesKit AceMovi which is an easy-to-learn software that only requires minimum knowledge.
2021-2-2
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Davinci resolve is not that hard to use.  Try it before giving up on it.

This is with 2 Osmo Actions using the multi cam support in Davinci Resolve 17, check it out:
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_8MfMjB2wPUej
lvl.1

Germany

@RZCY
Have you compared your edited footage to your unedited footage when using Win Video Editor? It seems like it takes out some saturation and brightens up the image until it looks kinda washed out after rendering. At least for me the black points end up more greyish.

For DaVinci Resolve, I guess if you take an hour of time and watch some YouTube tutorials you'll get the hang of it really fast. Darren Mostyn for example has a nice channel that explains a lot of beginner to intermediate stuff.
2021-2-17
Use props
RZCY
lvl.2
Denmark

Thanks for your reply. I did not notice decrease in both saturation and brightness in Win Editor but I am not a pro. I am sure DaVinciResolve is way better, but I have to lesrn how to use it. The Win Editor is a starting point for me.
2021-2-17
Use props
John on a Bike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-29 04:33
I use Davinci Resolve and the free version have no major limits or watermarks that other free software have. It supports up to 4K and it is not hard to use since it mostly just drag and drop like most are.
If you go for the Studio version, it is cheaper than Premiere Pro. And the Studio version of Davinci Resolve support using your GPU (graphic card) for faster export.

Yeah Davici Resolve is excellent and free - Studio version you pay for and has a few extras but the normal free version does the job well
2021-2-20
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Resolve hands down and it's not that hard to use.
This is all done in Davinci Resolve and two osmo actions.

https://youtu.be/OnIGp2whnrI
2021-2-21
Use props
sman123
New

Canada

Anyone considering Davinci Resolve should be aware that it requires a newish GPU processor to work.  It will not work at all on my desktop or laptop which are both several years old.  Those computers work fine and suit my needs for everything else I do so I am not about to upgrade them just so I can use that software.  All the other free and paid video editing software I have tried works fine.  It's just the Davinci software that does not work so it's a non-starter for me.
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_lJ45LFe6xC2x
lvl.1
United States

CyclingTwoVlogger Posted at 2021-1-28 13:31
Garmin Virb Edit. Fast, easy, and free. Also, the video preview of the project runs well on any pc even with 4k videos.

Just purchased the Action 2 and tried to edit video with Garmin Virb.  When I import the videos, though it creates the video place holder, nothing is there to preview/play.  Have you had any experience using the Action 2 videos with Virb?  If i grab a GoPro generated .mp4, everything works fine in Virb.
2022-1-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If  the container is not supported, use another program, that is free, that seems what you are doing, wanting a free program, like Devinchi resolve, good luck.  that is where paid software pays off. no issues.
2022-1-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_lJ45LFe6xC2x Posted at 1-10 15:46
Just purchased the Action 2 and tried to edit video with Garmin Virb.  When I import the videos, though it creates the video place holder, nothing is there to preview/play.  Have you had any experience using the Action 2 videos with Virb?  If i grab a GoPro generated .mp4, everything works fine in Virb.

Like Fishycomics mentioned, if your software is not supported switch to another.

I can really recommend Davinci Resolve Free-version since it supports most of the codecs and you will have no issue editing clips.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_3d6Tc16AMZxI
Second Officer
Germany

You can use your Smartphone

https://youtu.be/2KCnENoVNaA

https://youtu.be/cLz8uC9jMnA

win  : vsdc

with gps data : dashware

IMG_20220116_153539.jpg
2022-1-15
Use props
IsmaelPierce
lvl.1

India

Enjoy more free graphic assets, unlimited, top performance speed and no watermark on your videos with Kinemaster prime apk app. This great tool for creating epic digital content is all you need if you want to stand out on social media. Great app until a new update comes out. It also sometimes lags. There was a problem with the "sound" button. Whenever I try to include music in my video, it just plays the song instead of putting it in. Please set it has two big buttons to listen and add music. Other than that, the app is great, easy to learn, and doesn't require a premium for many things https://techzapk.com/kinemaster-prime.htm
2022-5-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

videoproc is FREE does the job, if Davinchi resolve 18 today   is to complicated for some both will do it
2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_zTuRD88zx8cS
New

Netherlands

Hi There I recently purchased a DJI Osmo Action 3 but I Notice now that the  footage is not recognized in Davinci Resolve 18. Any of you had the same problem?
2023-2-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D781%26typeid%3D781
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules