396 3 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745768 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello everyone.  I'm trying to use my eos r6 with the rs2/raveneye.  I have seemingly set everything up properly?  It works like it is supposed to for the first couple of minutes.  But then after that, it won't allow me to switch from video to camera recording?  Then slowly but surely other functions seem to fail..making me turn off everything and get frustrated.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  thanks
2021-1-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, have you checked all the cables you used to connect the RavenEye and the RS2 are correct? And please also check the notes below:

Thanks
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

yes I believe I have used the cords correctly.  I'm not sure how to interpret these notes though?  Sorry..  So the raveneye doesn't allow me or show me taking pictures?  But does for video?  That doesn't seem great..

Unless the raveneye is only for video?  If that's the case, the raveneye must really only be for active track purposes then, right?

Also, when hooked up with raveneye...the record button on the rs2 handle doesn't to work...is that normal?

thanks for your response
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

After looking at a different compatibility sheet between my camera and the rs2..it reads:

1. Due to various lens focus control mechanisms, when using the DJI RS 2 to pull
focus, you may need to set camera focus mode to AF.
2. When switched to Photo mode, the camera won't respond to video-capturing
commands; when switched to video mode, the camera won't respond to photocapturing commands.
3. Using adapter with EF lenses will increase the latency of focus.
4. EOS R5/R6 cannot use this cable to control video recording in the Photo
mode, otherwise it will easily crash.

So I guess there is my answer.  Can't toggle between photo and video.  I have to put my camera in which ever mode I am trying to use at the time (which will most likely be video mode).  Hopefully this stops everything from crashing.  Hopefully this works.
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules